ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

I'll ask this question again since it has gone unanswered. Is Ashnault's involvement with Kenny a plus or negative for Rutgers? Has Ashnault been back in the room since leaving? While I didn't see it, I read here that he Tweeted something supporting Richie Lewis' criticism of Rutgers/Goodale. What's up with that?
Ive seen and talked to ashnault & Ive seen and talked to the family more than a few times. I haven't heard anything remotely negative from them regarding Rutgers.

I saw big ashnault yesterday at the tailgate. We were shooting the shit about the guys on the team.

As for Kenny, I know he's part of the skwc and saw him over the summer working out getting ready for his world title. A lot can happen over four years so who knows what ends up happening but it looked like he has a strong relationship w the staff.

Amd fyi, all the above is just my opinion. So take it with a Grain of salt.

Ive seen and talked to ashnault & Ive seen and talked to the family more than a few times. I haven't heard anything remotely negative from them regarding Rutgers.

I saw big ashnault yesterday at the tailgate. We were shooting the shit about the guys on the team.

As for Kenny, I know he's part of the skwc and saw him over the summer working out getting ready for his world title. A lot can happen over four years so who knows what ends up happening but it looked like he has a strong relationship w the staff.

Amd fyi, all the above is just my opinion. So take it with a Grain of salt.
"Amd fyi, all the above is just my opinion. So take it with a Grain of salt." That's pretty much all most of us have to offer. Thank you for responding. Yes, anything can happen in four years. Kenny has all the indications of being something special, so everything must be done to nurture the relationship. I think Seabass would be a good person to get Kenny involved with. Ultimately, the kid will do what he thinks and feels is best for him, and he should. For now, go all out for Knox, which couldn't hurt with getting Kenny to follow.

Super 32 is coming up this weekend and a few of our commits/targets will be there. I might have a missed a few but was able to pull out the obvious one. Let's hope for a great showing!

Commits:
132 lbs - #10 Tahir Parkins, Nazereth, PA (11th grade)
157 lbs - #5 Conner Harer, Montgomery, PA (12th grade)
150 lbs - #19 Ryan Ford, Bergen Catholic, NJ (12th grade)
157 lbs - #18 Andrew Barbosa, Palm desert high school, CA (12th grade)

Targets:
113 lbs - #1 Paul Kenny, CBA, NJ (9th grade)
120 lbs - #1 Anthony Knox, St John Vianney, NJ (11th grade)
126 lbs - HM Patrick O'Keefe, SJVHS, NJ (11th grade)
132 lbs - #14 Brandt Harer, Montgomery, PA (10th grade)
144 lbs - #9 August Hibler, NJ, NJ (12th grade)
150 lbs - #11 Zach Ballante, Saint Joseph Regional HS, NJ (11th grade)
165 lbs - #12 Jordan Chapman, Cranford High School, NJ (11th grade)
190 lbs - #8 Vincenzo Lavalle, Hanover Park, NJ (11th grade)

Super 32 is coming up this weekend and a few of our commits/targets will be there. I might have a missed a few but was able to pull out the obvious one. Let's hope for a great showing!

Commits:
132 lbs - #10 Tahir Parkins, Nazereth, PA (11th grade)
157 lbs - #5 Conner Harer, Montgomery, PA (12th grade)
150 lbs - #19 Ryan Ford, Bergen Catholic, NJ (12th grade)
157 lbs - #18 Andrew Barbosa, Palm desert high school, CA (12th grade)

Targets:
113 lbs - #1 Paul Kenny, CBA, NJ (9th grade)
120 lbs - #1 Anthony Knox, St John Vianney, NJ (11th grade)
126 lbs - HM Patrick O'Keefe, SJVHS, NJ (11th grade)
132 lbs - #14 Brandt Harer, Montgomery, PA (10th grade)
144 lbs - #9 August Hibler, NJ, NJ (12th grade)
150 lbs - #11 Zach Ballante, Saint Joseph Regional HS, NJ (11th grade)
165 lbs - #12 Jordan Chapman, Cranford High School, NJ (11th grade)
190 lbs - #8 Vincenzo Lavalle, Hanover Park, NJ (11th grade)

Kollin Rath ranked #2 @ 144 wrestling 150 lbs this weekend.
144 lbs #9 Anthony Evanitsky
175 lbs #7 Adam Waters
190 lbs #14 Cade Ziola

Last edited:
Jack Zaleski is not listed on the roster and it sounds like he ended up at Keiser University, an NAIA school. Anyone know why he went elsewhere?

Reactions: Leonard23
Parkins into the quarterfinals after beating Brandt Harer 4-1 last round. Will face the #2 seed next.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peteras9144
Parkins lost in quarterfinals. Looked really good on his feet. Needs to work on his bottom game and increase his strength. Also can improve his riding. Seems like a good kid,

Larkin is also the #21 P4P overall and #2 recruit at 132, so i would say it was a good showing. Parkins won his next match and is now guaranteed to place in the top 8.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
I see Adrian DeJesus beat Seth Mendoza to reach the 3rd place match. Former NJ state champ, I wonder if we’re recruiting him?

Didn’t see the match but seems like Antonio is on a tear today
Antonio was the aggressor the whole match.. Harer received a stall warning first period score 0-0 going into second period.. Harer escapes and Antonio w/ a quick take down and 2 back points.. the swipes were mad fast and Harer was signaling to the ref for blood time which may have affected him giving up the back points and match flow.. no challenge.. Antonio w another takedown in third to win..

Knox to Cornell isn’t surprising unfortunately. They are recruiting lights out right now.
They have done well, unfortunately a lot of ties to new jersey there.
We just have to stick to the script, develop the guys we are starting to win over like the parkins and harers, and eventually challenge the upper end of the big ten. Winning solves all and will attract more talent.

Who was our last big in state recruit? Soldano? I hope we start closing some deals not just being people’s backup plan.

Knox to Cornell isn’t surprising unfortunately. They are recruiting lights out right now.
It surprised me based on some intel from 2 or 3 different people who thought he was leaning here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT