ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Could be a very solid pickup if injuries are behind him but atomic bomb is a little much no?
Get me some pick ups from young guns and mccort. It's not just Gibson (who is still a great pickup w lots of upside imo), but also all the other guys associated as well. Could this open up a pipeline to the western side of pa? That's huge.

I would imagine Coleman Scott is the front runner. He left being the HC at UNC to be the associate HC at OSU, so I'm guessing there were some assurances there before making that type of move.
Ok then. Thought I heard somewhere that Pat Pop was a target once Smith decided to hang it up.

I think Hermes will have something to say about 149. Kid took Beau to OT. Gonna be interesting to see how 141-149 goes for the next 3-4 seasons. A lot of depth there. Cetta, Oliveri, Hermes, Parkins, Nini, Gibson (maybe) - yikes! Crazy to think there's a possibility of a Basset, Forest or Gibson's younger brother could end up at RU as a result. [Wishful thinking, but still a chance]
I was just posting the incoming recruits potential weights. Will see about Hermes, close losses do not really impress me(Gayer has close losses also), to me good wins are the standard.

Against d1 b10 competition ? It’s way too early to tell rn who will step up and continue to develop….
Should I not be happy we got a handful of recruits who have competed and been successful at the national level? Two (maybe three) of our guys just won at the dapper Dan. Who knows how anyone pans out in a few years but I'll get excited that it looks like goodie and company have put together a very good looking recruit class.

Should I not be happy we got a handful of recruits who have competed and been successful at the national level? Two (maybe three) of our guys just won at the dapper Dan. Who knows how anyone pans out in a few years but I'll get excited that it looks like goodie and company have put together a very good looking recruit class.
This is imo our most exciting class yet.. so no.. be happy! I guess I’m just a bit cautious w expectations.

I hate to throw water on things but….
The days are over of going “with these incoming high school recruits, in 2-3 years our lineup could be really nice.”
It’s the NIL world now and just like we’re seeing in Mbb, IF people are good enough to start here or elsewhere, they will stay or go depending on how much money they’re getting.
Does RU have enough NIL to compete with the top 8 wrestling programs?

I hate to throw water on things but….
The days are over of going “with these incoming high school recruits, in 2-3 years our lineup could be really nice.”
It’s the NIL world now and just like we’re seeing in Mbb, IF people are good enough to start here or elsewhere, they will stay or go depending on how much money they’re getting.
Does RU have enough NIL to compete with the top 8 wrestling programs?
From my conversations with people, there's some tiers to it:
Enough money to buy a team/poach
Enough money to buy the recruits out of high school
Enough money to retain your guys
Little to no money

From my conversations with people, there's some tiers to it:
Enough money to buy a team/poach
Enough money to buy the recruits out of high school
Enough money to retain your guys
Little to no money
Where are we in the tier system?
We weren’t able to retain 1 of our 2 returning all-Americans. Historically I think a pretty good job of retaining but losing Yara is no bueno.
We have been able to get some transfers. Mostly from lower levels. Not really poaching anybody from a peer.
For high school, we recruit at a good but not elite level.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
I don’t mind passing on him. Lot of red flags. Changes schools every year and already quit the sport once. Who knows what his goals are
He is the # 2 ranked junior in the country. Smith and Gibson have already decommited from Cornell. Smith chose Rutgers. Gibson just made his second decommited from Penn State and rumor has it that he is on his way to RU. Maybe DeJesus will make it a hat trick.

ANd Trolls are going to troll.
I usually dont respond but after getting to work late and still having 6 hours of meetings, my brain is fried

• Haha
This kid has faced some injuries but the bottom line is he loves wrestling and will always put it on the line to take on anyone in the country. He's good from every position and always tries to score. That's the type of guy we need.
Need to keep him away from OSU!

Cornell commit and State champ Rocco Dellagatta has transferred to st.John vianney from st .joes …also hearing some delbarton guys may join him , Vianney going all in on a super team this season
Good for the Shore, head coach of Vianney is a good guy, but I laughed when Dellagatta cited academics as the reason for a transfer. Vianney the school is a mess and there have been lingering rumors that they (along with Donovan Catholic) are bleeding money and running out of time.

• Wow
Reactions: Leonard23
Cornell commit and State champ Rocco Dellagatta has transferred to st.John vianney from st .joes …also hearing some delbarton guys may join him , Vianney going all in on a super team this season
How much NIL did they get to go to Vianney?? 🤔

Vianney will have 2 returning champs in Knox and Dellagatta, 3 returning placers in Gould, Zaltsman, and OKeefe, a blood round kid and a R16 kid. If they get whatever Delbarton kids are rumored they will contend for a #1 ranking but they got a ways to go first.

Good for the Shore, head coach of Vianney is a good guy, but I laughed when Dellagatta cited academics as the reason for a transfer. Vianney the school is a mess and there have been lingering rumors that they (along with Donovan Catholic) are bleeding money and running out of time.
St joes Montvale is not a good academic school. They are a joke amongst the old Big North Catholics. Donovan is definitely bleeding money. They were in a bad financial situation prior to trying to make a go at it via athletics. Their bag man that was taking care of many of the athletic rosters has moved on. From what I’ve heard from a couple Vianney families that I know is they are fine for now and are trying to build up an endowment to take care of future concerns.

Reactions: SCNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT