ADVERTISEMENT

Referees today's game

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Almost no fouls called. Lamont Simpson always a really good ref going back years when he reffed women's games at the RAC. Also does WNBA games.
The WNBA became the first league to use a referee cam on its national telecast ... ... Referee Lamont Simpson became the first referee to don the camera.
Courtney Green was reffing game, interesting. He played football with Ray rice, and is a Rutgers grad.

Almost no fouls called. Lamont Simpson always a really good ref going back years when he reffed women's games at the RAC. Also does WNBA games.
The WNBA became the first league to use a referee cam on its national telecast ... ... Referee Lamont Simpson became the first referee to don the camera.
Courtney Green was reffing game, interesting. He played football with Ray rice, and is a Rutgers grad.
THAT Courtney Green. Wow. That's cool!

Courtney Green is also a damn good official.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
nope. Wrong. Poorly officiated game according to some of my buddies!!!!! Even when the foul count was 8-5 (our favor) at the half lol!

(rolling my eyes)

• Haha
Reactions: runrutgersrun
Courtney Green tends to be one of the better officials - but I think he was also the guy who called Omoruyi's third foul, and missed the foul to Hyatt's jaw in our last game.

Courtney Greene is the guy who played for Rutgers, note the different spelling of the last name.

Not the same Courtney Greene

That said, best reffed game all year for us. Shocked when I saw the foul difference in the first half on the road.

Never let Wisconsin in the bonus. Amazing when that happens we win

That said, I think the refs did a good job. This is despite calling a flagrant foul on us, and Paul getting an elbow to the face again and not even a foul, along with a couple others

I actually thought we got the benefit of the whistle today just a bit, especially being the road team. Hepburn’s first foul — called a charge against Palmquist — was a really bad call. I’ll take it of course, and yes there were calls that seemed to favor UW too, but overall we didn’t get screwed.

Reactions: ScarletNut
But wait! We our past experience and luck , weren’t you worried there would be a phantom foul called against RU on the last play of the game? I didn’t relax until I saw the refs run off the court

I actually thought we got the benefit of the whistle today just a bit, especially being the road team. Hepburn’s first foul — called a charge against Palmquist — was a really bad call. I’ll take it of course, and yes there were calls that seemed to favor UW too, but overall we didn’t get screwed.
And the +1 Cliff got in the first half was pretty generous in our favor.

THAT Courtney Green. Wow. That's cool!
ok @ScarletteK80 I made of fool of myself trusting everything you say with blind trust lol. You owe me one.
Super Troopers Oops GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Love
Reactions: runrutgersrun
As long as refs don’t dictate / influence the game either way - it’s a fine game with me.
Today the refs let the players decide the game and there were not an abundance of questionable calls.
Courtney Greene is known for being whistle happy and I would tend to say generally anti Rutgers but he swallowed his whistle today especially in 2nd half.
I think Lamont Simpson is a terrific ref as he always lets the kids play.
Hence not an abundant of calls and inevitable free throw shooting contest and the game ended way within 2 hours. What a concept!

Seems like I'm in the minority but I can't stand Courtney Green. We always seem to get screwed when he refs (except today)

Reactions: Scarlet83
Seems like I'm in the minority but I can't stand Courtney Green. We always seem to get screwed when he refs (except today)
I would've agreed with you in the recent past, but this season I think he's been very fair to us.

I would've agreed with you in the recent past, but this season I think he's been very fair to us.
Eh... remember when Pikiell got T'ed up this year, OSU I believe? That was a result of him losing his shit on Courtney Green

Reactions: RU MAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT