ADVERTISEMENT

Rieber

aplus29

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2003
Randolph
I’ve been critical about Rieber but in the grand scheme of things, the kid has been forced to play the 5 for two years bc Pikiell has never addressed a proper backup to Cliff.

We were spoiled with Myles/Shaq Carter and Myles/Cliff

Neither one of them has given us much but Wolf has a much bigger upside. He needs to be the guy to rest Cliff.
There's some big people had the center position in this conference. Dean just doesn't have the strength nor athleticism to be the guy.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I wasn't expecting much from him this year but I was expecting something

Idk if his confidence is just shot or what, watched him during warmups a little and he was bricking/airballing 3s.

Reactions: Scangg
Reiber can't play defense and doesn't rebound. If he doesn't add any offense then he's a huge liability on the court. Witness last night.

Reactions: Scangg and Rokodesh
I’ve been critical about Rieber but in the grand scheme of things, the kid has been forced to play the 5 for two years bc Pikiell has never addressed a proper backup to Cliff.

I actually feel bad for Reiber. It’s not his fault that the coaching staff thought he (and Miller and Palmquist) could play at this level.

Reactions: seneca ave and rume
Pike should call Jay Young and get him up there for his last season , the MAAC is your friend

He has tried to address it but hasn't worked out (Donovan Clingan, Favour Aire, Gus Yalden, Neal Quinn, Rueben Chinyelu, Baye Fall, Papa Kante). I hope we are still in it for Ogbole or Bodo.

He has tried to address it but hasn't worked out (Donovan Clingan, Favour Aire, Gus Yalden, Neal Quinn, Rueben Chinyelu, Baye Fall, Papa Kante). I hope we are still in it for Ogbole or Bodo.

We have an elite rim protector coming next year

Still hoping for Bodo

We have an elite rim protector coming next year
Ndongo may not be able to handle the 5 as a freshman

We'll still have Cliff and Wolf ahead of him
Do you look at freshmen on other teams averaging 3 minutes a game as surefire contributors going forward? Iowa fans were talking up Riley Mulvey this offseason. Who's that? Exactly.

That's factually incorrect.

Dean also played the 5 as a freshman with Myles & Cliff on the roster. He's always been a 5 at this level because he doesn't have the foot speed to guard 4s from the 3 pt line to the basket at this level.

Reactions: red sail and Scangg
Dean looks like a different player since he came back from his injury in preseason. He looks lost on the court and has zero confidence. Looked a little better against Wisconsin, but came crashing back to earth against Michigan.

Reactions: red sail
I think every B1G team know that if Reiber is on the court they are to point the tip of their spear to go straight through him. That's why I was okay with Woolfolk picking up a foul right away. He had to show some fight and that he was not going to be another swinging door.

Reactions: jonS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT