ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals problem (Ongoing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rivals for all teams was down for almost 2 days- was anyone else having a problem?
Same issue a few days ago and still have the problem. It’s a strange issue which I’ve tried troubleshoot to no avail.

Only works on Safari on my iPhone but not my iPad. It doesn’t load on Chrome or Edge on any of my Apple or Windows devices.

Cleared cache, cookies and all that, logged in and out and nothing works. Rebooted the devices and nope. Have an Orbi router mesh in the house and rebooted and power cycled that and tried some other solutions I found online and nope.

It’s only Rivals.. No problems with any other site. If I go off my home network and use my Verizon cell service then Rivals loads with both Chrome and Safari.

I saw it appeared to be Android / WiFi and Chrome related. I have all iPhones and a Mac and had no issues either via WiFi or 5G. Chrome did have an update in the past few days so maybe another browser would work.

Went dead after the game on wired Fios.
Maybe 12-16 hours of downtime.
Different browsers didn't matter

Went dead half way through the game on Thursday and has been out until today. Only way to access is via my phone and wireless connectivity and not through my router or WiFi.

Same issue a few days ago and still have the problem. It’s a strange issue which I’ve tried troubleshoot to no avail.

Only works on Safari on my iPhone but not my iPad. It doesn’t load on Chrome or Edge on any of my Apple or Windows devices.

Cleared cache, cookies and all that, logged in and out and nothing works. Rebooted the devices and nope. Have an Orbi router mesh in the house and rebooted and power cycled that and tried some other solutions I found online and nope.

It’s only Rivals.. No problems with any other site. If I go off my home network and use my Verizon cell service then Rivals loads with both Chrome and Safari.
Did all of the same only rivals is affected.

Went dead half way through the game on Thursday and has been out until today. Only way to access is via my phone and wireless connectivity and not through my router or WiFi.
Rivals stopped working for me even before then.

I’m glad to know it’s not just me. Don’t think it’s a problem with any of our hardware software then.

It wasn't Android. It was Verizon Home Internet. When I switched back to my mobile feed on my Android phone no problem, which was odd as my phone is Android but also Verizon service

Reactions: satnom
Still having issue accessing Rivals site on Chrome and Safari through Verizon wifi at home. Can only access Rivals on phone when off Wifi.

Been googling for resolutions but nothing works. Rivals only website I can’t access on my wifi network. Weird. On Thursday I thought Rival servers were down but issue continued through next day and beyond.

Glad I’m not the only one.

GO RU

Still having issue accessing Rivals site on Chrome and Safari through Verizon wifi at home. Can only access Rivals on phone when off Wifi.

Been googling for resolutions but nothing works. Rivals only website I can’t access on my wifi network. Weird. On Thursday thought Rival servers were down but issue continued through next day and beyond.

Glad I’m not the only one.

GO RU
Yes it's a Verizon home issue. Yet all other sites are working on Verizon Home.

Yea maybe it’s a FIOS issue for whatever reason with Rivals if we’re all on FIOS. I just asked a family member on optimum to give a quick test and it worked for them on Chrome and Safari.

Same issues as others since right near the end of the bowl game. Only way to access rivals.com is via mobile data. Same device, same browser fails via fiber gateway (aka landline internet). Also fails on other devices and other browsers.

Since the various site checking sites report rivals as up, I’ve been guessing it’s a network segment issue, only affecting a small portion of people.

Would be interesting if everybody having issues is on a fiber connection of some type. Anybody with cable internet having issues?

Oh, and somebody should tell Ritchie, who can tell Yahoo, who can figure it out.

Anyone else having issues with this site not loading over Wi-Fi? On premium, we confirmed it's impacting a bunch of people over many different Wi-Fi networks (Fios, Optimum, Xfinity, and even offshore) and happens on iOS and Android. I get an error message that Page Could Not Load or it just never loads. I have to turn off Wi-Fi and use cellular data on my phone or a VPN over Wi-Fi for this site to load. Every other site and app I have on my phone works fine over Wi-Fi. I cleared my Chrome cache and rebooted my router. Any ideas?

Anyone else having issues with this site not loading over Wi-Fi? On premium, we confirmed it's impacting a bunch of people over many different Wi-Fi networks (Fios, Optimum, Xfinity, and even offshore) and happens on iOS and Android. I get an error message that Page Could Not Load or it just never loads. I have to turn off Wi-Fi and use cellular data on my phone or a VPN over Wi-Fi for this site to load. Every other site and app I have on my phone works fine over Wi-Fi. I cleared my Chrome cache and rebooted my router. Any ideas?
I have had this issue for 3-4 days

Fios has given me issues for a couple months off an on - its usually rock solid.
The whole internet has been erratic the past weeks.
I know the powers that be are desperate to get AI running by 2024 and I suspect there's a lot of tinkering going on

We have xfinity home internet, and rivals stopped working just before the bowl game. Works fine on LTE or public xfinity network.

Reactions: Leonard23
Was not working on computer or iPhone since Thursday - just went to cellular on phone and finally got on now. I have Optimum so not just Verizon wifi as others have said.

Reactions: Leonard23
Another thread on this…

Seems cellular networks aren’t affected, so using mobile data works okay, All landline based internet, at least in our area, seems to have issues. All of rivals, not just our community.

Another thread on this…

Seems cellular networks aren’t affected, so using mobile data works okay, All landline based internet, at least in our area, seems to have issues. All of rivals, not just our community.
VPN also works fine over the same Wi-Fi network that experienced the issue. I used my Google 1 VPN over Wi-Fi and this site works fine.

Reactions: mildone
VPN also works fine over the same Wi-Fi network that experienced the issue. I used my Google 1 VPN over Wi-Fi and this site works fine.
Yeah, that really sounds like a network segment issue. But we’ll probably never know.

Long as they figure it out soon. I have to keep switching off my Wi-Fi to post, then switch it back on to control various devices around the house, like the volume of my sound system.

First world problems… Oh the horror. 😀

Would be interesting if everybody having issues is on a fiber connection of some type. Anybody with cable internet having issues?

Oh, and somebody should tell Ritchie, who can tell Yahoo, who can figure it out.
My issues were only through my cable connection with Optimum, using Chrome. No issue at all with my Android phone using Chrome. Didn't try other browsers.

My bet would be one of the rivals bloat partners had a DNS issue that got cached longer by some internet providers then others. Try a 3rd party DNS server.

Reactions: ashokan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT