ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals problem (Ongoing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been discussing this issue on the premium board for a few days.

Current workarounds:

- Use your cellular network.

- Use a VPN.

Facts:

- Not related to a specific browser, OS, or Service provider.

- Affects access to all Rivals sites.

- Not related to one's location either. I'm currently in Africa and it happened during the Pinstripe Bowl. Currently using a VPN via Romania to access this site.

Current workarounds:

- Use a VPN.

Facts:

- Not related to one's location either. I'm currently in Africa and it happened during the Pinstripe Bowl. Currently using a VPN via Romania to access this site.
Mine has not been working for at least 2 weeks or more. Works fine when I use Google Chrome.

Rivals website still not working through my Verizon Wi-Fi. Have to hotspot IPad through cell service to get website access.

Is the Rivals site on some sort of naughty list with Verizon?

GO RU

My optimum still not working.

Then I'm going to stay logged on just in case.
Has issues with two cable boxes yesterday and today. One seems to have fixed itself but the other is still showing some channels missing.

As for the Rivals issues, first noticed it a while back on tMB with all the crashes and page reloads.

Initially it only seemed to be an issue on tMB and NOT TKR. Now it’s migrated to this site too.🤷‍♂️

I had a problem on the FSU site.LOL, not exactly the topic of this thread but I'll share anyway. All I said was,"63-3" nn excuse for that. Within 3 minutes it went from you have no posting privileges to I can't react to posts to I can't even open up the site. After all their crying for weeks, what a bunch of pussies. PS. Of course the only post I could see was NJ is the armpit of the country,oh well, if it helps him feel better.

Reactions: RU85inFla
At a family member’s house and it works here on their optimum wifi but still not working on my FIOS wifi at home.

Even if you're back on it's still acting up. I'm getting msgs that the site isn't responding and on and off it takes a long time to load.

Another interesting thing about this is that pinging rivals.com works fine (and very quickly). Also using other DNS servers, from the ones provided automatically by my ISP, does not correct the issue.

So it doesn’t appear to be a DNS issue.

Current workarounds:

- Use a VPN.

Facts:

That the problem exists when connecting from Africa is also very interesting.

I had a problem on the FSU site.LOL, not exactly the topic of this thread but I'll share anyway. All I said was,"63-3" nn excuse for that. Within 3 minutes it went from you have no posting privileges to I can't react to posts to I can't even open up the site. After all their crying for weeks, what a bunch of pussies. PS. Of course the only post I could see was NJ is the armpit of the country,oh well, if it helps him feel better.
Not a fan when people come on here and do the same thing.

Their site, their rules.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Yep nothing I can do at the moment, waiting to hear back from tech guys. Will update you when they answer.
I'm dying of curiosity to know the cause. The symptoms, as reported by people here at least, don't fit a lot of typical causes. Ping, and tracert to rivals.com work fine. The problem spans multiple ISPs, DNS providers, CDNs, devices and applications. It even seems to not be constrained to a geographic region.

I suspect none of us, including you, will get a complete explanation because, at this point, I won't be surprised if there's some hacking involved. Makes me wonder if the nutjob troll that was stalking @AreYouNUTS (@DJ Spanky kept banning the troll just for him to pop up again immediately with yet another user name) was somehow involved. The two unusual situations occurring at the same time seems a bit much to be a coincidence.

Yep, bunch of people been having problems, from it being intermittent to not being able to get to it at all. I haven't had any issues, but I don't try to access it from a mobile device, strictly from laptops/desktops. I also have tested against it with multiple browsers and haven't had any issues. Very strange.

Yep, bunch of people been having problems, from it being intermittent to not being able to get to it at all. I haven't had any issues, but I don't try to access it from a mobile device, strictly from laptops/desktops. I also have tested against it with multiple browsers and haven't had any issues. Very strange.
Only way I get it is on my iPhone with Wi-Fi turned off. No luck on my laptop

Another interesting thing about this is that pinging rivals.com works fine (and very quickly). Also using other DNS servers, from the ones provided automatically by my ISP, does not correct the issue.

So it doesn’t appear to be a DNS issue.

That the problem exists when connecting from Africa is also very interesting.

I haven't had a single issue.

Before the Africa mention, I assumed it was localized around NJ.

I haven't had a single issue.

Before the Africa mention, I assumed it was localized around NJ.
That VPNs seem to get around the issue hints strongly, but not conclusively, that location is a factor.

It's possible that the Africa thing, along with others experiencing the issue in ways that are incongruent with a regionally constrained impact, might be misleading due to caching that occurs with DNS and routing across various ISP's servers and networks.

Reactions: fsg2 and Leonard23
When I just logged-in I got an option alert asking me to pick between two choices.
One option would collect data, and was advertised as offering a better online experience compared to the other.

Never saw that before

When I just logged-in I got an option alert asking me to pick between two choices.
One option would collect data, and was advertised as offering a better online experience compared to the other.

Never saw that before
This is interesting. Rivals website for the past couple months has been real aggressive with the marketing components of the site to the point of affecting the quality of the user experience. Would not be surprised if this is a component of the issue with the Verizon Wi-Fi system.

Like Mark Cuban says “Pigs get fed. Hogs get slaughtered.”

GO RU

This is interesting. Rivals website for the past couple months has been real aggressive with the marketing components of the site to the point of affecting the quality of the user experience. Would not be surprised if this is a component of the issue with the Verizon Wi-Fi system.

Like Mark Cuban says “Pigs get fed. Hogs get slaughtered.”

GO RU

This is what I got that's 100% new

z6XTczn.jpg

I do use an ad blocker but have for years

Reactions: satnom

Pretty much have no choice but to use an ad-blocker with rivals. Otherwise it periodically crashes browsers or causes pages to spontaneously reload or other irritating behavior.

z6XTczn.jpg

Interesting. Did you receive an email with this?

Wonder if another component of this disruption is me not reupping my annual premium membership yet?

Love this online community I’ve been a part of for over 20 yrs but this request to waive privacy in exchange for uninterrupted service is a real turnoff on the use of Rivals.

GO RU

Yup same for me too….have to think they are losing people. Not everybody is thinking to go to cellular data - as far as they’re concerned they just can’t get on. I know my thought process was I guess I’m going to be going to TOS moving forward before on a whim I switched to cellular. Don’t know how much of a sense of urgency there is to get this fixed, but 5 days is a long time for a tech issues and can guarantee people going to look for alternatives to TKR which is a shame.

@Richard Schnyderite

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Well I guess there is some consolation that the issue is not specific to me. My wife is more proficient at this type of stuff and tried to figure what the issue was but after a couple of hours of trying different things had enough. Still limited to connecting via my phone when not connected to my optimum wifi. Doesn’t matter if using google or safari browser. Probably not a bad thing to take a break from but for me this issue started right after the bowl game.

@Richard Schnyderite

Reactions: Leonard23
Yup same for me too….have to think they are losing people. Not everybody is thinking to go to cellular data - as far as they’re concerned they just can’t get on. I know my thought process was I guess I’m going to be going to TOS moving forward before on a whim I switched to cellular. Don’t know how much of a sense of urgency there is to get this fixed, but 5 days is a long time for a tech issues and can guarantee people going to look for alternatives to TKR which is a shame.

@Richard Schnyderite
I'm trying everything on my end, tech can't find any issues whatsoever. I'm sorry it's taking this long, but tech can't find a single issue.

Is everyone experiencing a problem accessing the site using an ad-blocker or other Javascript filtering plug-in?

Is everyone experiencing a problem accessing the site using an ad-blocker or other Javascript filtering plug-in?
I’m at a family member’s house and haven’t changed a thing on my iPad or iPhone and they work here with both chrome and safari on the optimum WiFi but they don’t at my own home with FIOS.

I think I have block pop up setting on with Safari. I’m not sure that there is a setting like that for Chrome on Apple devices.

Nah. On Chrome mobile settings, I allowed JavaScript, popups and redirects, and intrusive ads, but the site still won't load on Wi-Fi unless I use Google 1 VPN.

Last edited:
My bet would be one of the rivals bloat partners had a DNS issue that got cached longer by some internet providers then others. Try a 3rd party DNS server.
That would have been my guess
No ad blockers on my end I have three devices ipad, android, windows. Experience the issue on all devices only when I'm on home network netgear orbi mesh connected to fios

Spoke with our tech team a few minutes ago and they once again have found no issues with the site. However they did say that they will be resetting a couple of servers to see if that will fix things, so hopefully all will be fixed by that. Please let me know if anyone is still having access issues.

Little more info. I connected hard wired into my FIOS router and still the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT