ADVERTISEMENT

RU at Purdue March 7th-Opportunities

just.a.fan

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2019
Last regular season game-Purdue's senior night. RU possibly needing a win for a chance to dance. And this quote from the Hawkeye Nation board after last night's thumping.

"When you beat UVA by 29, MSU by 29, Wisky by 19, and us by 36, you're going to get some major bonus points in KenPom. On a neutral site, we would beat that team by 8-10 points. But there's something about Mackey that just makes teams fold. Purdue is now something like 47-5 at Mackey in conference play over the last 6 years.

I posted this earlier in another thread, but the odds of a 12-10 team beating the likes of UVA, MSU, Wisky, and Iowa by a combined 113 points has to be right up there with winning the lottery. That is the most crazy home court advantage in any one season I've ever seen."

Last regular season game-Purdue's senior night. RU possibly needing a win for a chance to dance. And this quote from the Hawkeye Nation board after last night's thumping.

"When you beat UVA by 29, MSU by 29, Wisky by 19, and us by 36, you're going to get some major bonus points in KenPom. On a neutral site, we would beat that team by 8-10 points. But there's something about Mackey that just makes teams fold. Purdue is now something like 47-5 at Mackey in conference play over the last 6 years.

I posted this earlier in another thread, but the odds of a 12-10 team beating the likes of UVA, MSU, Wisky, and Iowa by a combined 113 points has to be right up there with winning the lottery. That is the most crazy home court advantage in any one season I've ever seen."

And it's not just one season - it's many seasons. Although this year the contrast between Purdue's performance on the road and at Mackey is very stark indeed. We probably have a 1% chance of winning there.

So many cross currents so picking who to root for can be difficult......

If Purdue craps the bad in the next 6 or 7 games I can totally see them phoning it in versus Rutgers

And it's not just one season - it's many seasons. Although this year the contrast between Purdue's performance on the road and at Mackey is very stark indeed. We probably have a 1% chance of winning there.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

How can you say that when we beat them already. Want to throw out a 20 or 30% OK, but 1?

We were 5-16 from 3.....average
We turned it over 14 times....below average

Anyone have a great offensive game.....NO

Jacob play good....NO had 5 turnovers
Myles in foul trouble....YES had 4 fouls

How can you say that when we beat them already. Want to throw out a 20 or 30% OK, but 1?

And we should have beaten Iowa at their place too.. right?

We knew the Hawkeyes got some powerful home-cooking before that game. Then the 1st half we think.. ah.. we were over-thinking it.. we got these guys. We're clearly the better team.
And then.. they get every call in the second half... destroy us in FTA and FTM.

1% may be low.. but I understand the thought process.

All good points. Sorry. I am a man of letters. I was speaking figuratively, not statistically. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT