ADVERTISEMENT

RU BB vs Purdue,3-3 in 4th inning, 3 game weekend series at RU

Scratching my head over your comment. Purdue RPI was #93, Rutgers RPI was #94 heading into this week's series. Two weak sisters.
Wouldn't be shocked if Litterio is sent packing after the season. We've been uncompetitive all 3 seasons here...haven't even come close to sniffing the B1G tourney in baseball.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
Scratching my head over your comment. Purdue RPI was #93, Rutgers RPI was #94 heading into this week's series. Two weak sisters.

RPI's are virtually meaningless. Purdue has already taken 2 out of 3 from Ohio St, Iowa , and Indiana. RU hasn't won a Big 10 game yet. Purdue is 6-4 in the Big 10, about 3rd place, and 18-15 over all. RU is Dead Last in Conference play at 0-4 and 11-20 overall.

You really think Purdue is only 1 spot better in D1 than RU like the RPI says ? lol

Hey, I hope I'm wrong, and RU comes back to win the next 2. But I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

http://www.bigten.org/library/stats/base-standings.html

RPI's are virtually meaningless. Purdue has already taken 2 out of 3 from Ohio St, Iowa , and Indiana. RU hasn't won a Big 10 game yet. Purdue is 6-4 in the Big 10, about 3rd place, and 18-15 over all. RU is Dead Last in Conference play at 0-4 and 11-20 overall.

You really think Purdue is only 1 spot better in D1 than RU like the RPI says ? lol

Hey, I hope I'm wrong, and RU comes back to win the next 2. But I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

RPI's are generally meaningless to fans but they are a major factor in at large bids to the NCAA tourney. If you have 30 wins or more and a top 50 RPI you will get a birth. You can have 40 wins and a 120 RPI and stay home.

I have no clue how RU stacks up against Purdue, but records are almost meaningless as crazy as that sounds. Purdue was playing teams like Texas state, Arkansas Little Rock, and south east Missouri state. Meanwhile we played Miami, Old Dominion, FAU, Virginia, and Florida Gulf Coast. We were 0-3 in the Big going into the weekend with our only series against UMD. So it makes sense that they were only 1 spot ahead of us. But realistically I think Purdue will widen that gap after this weekend. The Villanova loss is very concerning to me and we don't have much pitching depth.

I have no clue how RU stacks up against Purdue, but records are almost meaningless as crazy as that sounds. Purdue was playing teams like Texas state, Arkansas Little Rock, and south east Missouri state. Meanwhile we played Miami, Old Dominion, FAU, Virginia, and Florida Gulf Coast. We were 0-3 in the Big going into the weekend with our only series against UMD. So it makes sense that they were only 1 spot ahead of us. But realistically I think Purdue will widen that gap after this weekend. The Villanova loss is very concerning to me and we don't have much pitching depth.

Purdue taking 2 out of 3 from Ohio St , Iowa and Indiana is NOT meaningless.

Reactions: Local Shill
Purdue taking 2 out of 3 from Ohio St , Iowa and Indiana is NOT meaningless.
No it's not, but it's a small sample. Based on the ooc schedule you can understand why we were only one spot behind them. That being said, I don't think we're good at all and Purdue might sweep us

Baseball used to be one of our best programs. This is horrific to watch them go winless.

Went to the Football practice today , then went over to watch the baseball game. Had a great time, terrific game to watch. To make it even better, the other guy sitting next to me and my buddy was none other than wrestler Richie Lewis. We had a great time talking baseball AND wrestling. Richie was there to watch and support his buds on the team. He is very geared up to wrestle again. We talked about how he got injured in last years Nationals, his win in the NWCA big event (the injury hurt him then, but he still won) and his decision to get it taken care of and rest up. He will be back at 157 this season, he also said he expects Eleazar DeLuca to be our 149 wrestler and Glasgow to RS and be his wrestling room workout partner. We talked about Perrotti and the Winston brothers working for Miller Piping and making a good living, but Richie says he might give MMA a shot after graduating, he also said he thougth he was better at Freestyle than Folkstyle (college rules). However he will continue to rehab this summer, which rules him out of freestyle tournys this summer. He also said NJ native , and Cornell All American Frankie Perrelli (Delbarton/Hackettstown) might be getting a coaching job in NJ.

RU up 3-0, top 3rd, in the Sunday series rubber game.

Now 8-0 in the 5th !

Last edited:
Reactions: RW90

Guess that RPI was somewhat accurate. It's only three games, but Purdue is obviously nothing special

Guess you're right, lol. They did beat those other Big10 teams 2 of 3, maybe they aren't good either.

Michigan is the only Big 10 team that should be being considered for post season play. The rest of the conference is glorified high school ball. The rest of the conference is just pathetic this year. Disheartening really.

Guess you're right, lol. They did beat those other Big10 teams 2 of 3, maybe they aren't good either.
I think everyone beside Umich and UMD is average. I was happy the Minnesota series got cancelled because they were playing well. It was nice to have home series verse a beatable opponent this weekend. Taking 2 out 3 is a perfect example as to why fans are somewhat frustrated with baseball. This conference isn't tough. We should be a team that finishes over .500 more years than not in this conference. It's been well discussed the recruiting hurdles and lack of facilities so I don't want to get into it. But I don't see too many schools flexing their muscle anytime soon in the B1G. I'm curious to know what you think about B1G baseball moving forward. Can this be a sport we excell in?

I think everyone beside Umich and UMD is average. I was happy the Minnesota series got cancelled because they were playing well. It was nice to have home series verse a beatable opponent this weekend. Taking 2 out 3 is a perfect example as to why fans are somewhat frustrated with baseball. This conference isn't tough. We should be a team that finishes over .500 more years than not in this conference. It's been well discussed the recruiting hurdles and lack of facilities so I don't want to get into it. But I don't see too many schools flexing their muscle anytime soon in the B1G. I'm curious to know what you think about B1G baseball moving forward. Can this be a sport we excell in?

Maryland is not good either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT