ADVERTISEMENT

RU Home/Home With UMass

They are a regional team that will be competitive. I see this as a solid team to schedule that really has no down side. Better than NJIT.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
They lost their lead guard and also Laurent who was their best shooter. Not sure what they have coming in but it's hard for me to think they'll be much better than last season (236th in KenPom).

Pipkins was leaving also, not sure where he went though

Also a third guy left , a soph

I think Tony Bergeron brought a 4/5 star kid with him when he was hired. Don't remember the kids name but Russ probably does

Buffalo did it to us this year as an athletic department. Hopefully mass doesn’t this fall

Dayton would be a great opponent. Their fans would turn out at the RAC. Great Flyers following in NJ/NY area.

I wonder what the percentage is of our fan base that were fans all the way back to the Atlantic Ten days ? Eastern Eight days ? ECAC days?
First sports team I ever rooted for as a kid was the Rutgers 1975-76 Final Four Team. It all started there before I branched out to RU Football and other pro sports.

Not every night, but I guess those sell outs I sat through were an illusion this year.
In general, we do not fill the RAC, especially for OOC games. I have been a season ticket buyer forever. Playing an OOC team like Dayton would be great. The Flyers have tremendous tradition. Would love to see Rutgers host the Flyers and vice versa.
For my own curiosity, and it has nothing to do with the possibility of playing Dayton ... how many season ticket buyers does Rutgers men’s hoops have?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
In general, we do not fill the RAC, especially for OOC games. I have been a season ticket buyer forever. Playing an OOC team like Dayton would be great. The Flyers have tremendous tradition. Would love to see Rutgers host the Flyers and vice versa.
For my own curiosity, and it has nothing to do with the possibility of playing Dayton ... how many season ticket buyers does Rutgers men’s hoops have?
Not sure, but I would hope it has grown. Too many hopeless years eroded what was once a solid base. That said, I agree with you about scheduling teams like Dayton. If we are serious about postseason consideration, these are the types of teams you should schedule. The SC game is a step in the right direction.

They lost their lead guard and also Laurent who was their best shooter. Not sure what they have coming in but it's hard for me to think they'll be much better than last season (236th in KenPom).
UMass actually has a top 100 kid who committed. They also offered the kid from Massachusetts that we just offered.

I wonder what the percentage is of our fan base that were fans all the way back to the Atlantic Ten days ? Eastern Eight days ? ECAC days?
I go back as far as the Hoopster Rooster
iyoBQ5EtAHf_mEi6JggEIvfLUy0rBzdJUvILq8sP3Dwv5SoxtUBsGEX-3DCNA5PKb-Zv=s85

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT