ADVERTISEMENT

RU - Illinois game thread

From box score, tale of two halves for the offense. First half RU shoots 33% and has 7 assists to 8 tos. I bet CVS was not pleased.

Second half RU shoots 62% and has 11 assists to only 2 tos. No matter the team you're playing, 2 turnovers in a half is exceptional.

Keep the intensity up for PSU!

My other favorite stat is that while Tyler had an off day for her (only 5-15 from field, though she shot much better after 1-8 first half), the bench had 48 POINTS (aka more than Illinois' entire team). That's the type of production we'll depend on as the season gets longer and Tyler won't be out of this world every single night (though she's doing a pretty good job at it thus far).

I didn’t see it but someone said Tyler was doubled over in pain. I hope she is OK.
I saw her on the bench doubled over with the coaches. Not sure if the trainer came by or not. She sat further down the bench and was then back in the game. Must have been hit in the stomach area. I thought it was serious when I saw her.

Rules question, if a team has their last names on their uniform, does every player have to have a last name on the jersey? 45 of Illinois doesn't seem to have one
I heard someone shout that at the game. Good eyes, I didn't notice but it someone really noticed the details. Not sure what the answer is.

Reactions: gigantor1024
They really look tough. Seems even more chemistry developing.
I agree. One thing I loved seeing was when Gia came out of the game after scoring 18 points the first one to stand up off the bench to congratulate her was Tyler. Tyler is definitely our star player, but she is also an unselfish player. She set up both Kathleen and Kate towards the end of the game so they could hit 3 pointers rather than take shots herself to get her closer to her scoring average.

Reactions: dmd78
The Illinois coach looks like she is going to have a meltdown.
Well she spent 30 years as a DIII coach, this is her 1st year in DI. Don't think she ever saw a Rutgers squad in person before. Bet she had nightmares last night.

Don't know if it was said already but in a quiet way Harris had a very nice 17 minutes. She had 3 boards, 4 assists, and 2 STEALS in 17 minutes.
Also, nobody on he team logged more than 27 minutes!

Rules question, if a team has their last names on their uniform, does every player have to have a last name on the jersey? 45 of Illinois doesn't seem to have one
They mentioned luggage issues at Newark and that one player wasn’t wearing her regular number. I assume those two things are related.

I’m reposting my reply from earlier in this thread...

They really look tough. Seems even more chemistry developing.
I agree. One thing I loved seeing was when Gia came out of the game after scoring 18 points the first one to stand up off the bench to congratulate her was Tyler. Tyler is definitely our star player, but she is also an unselfish player. She set up both Kathleen and Kate towards the end of the game so they could hit 3 pointers rather than take shots herself to get her closer to her scoring average.

Tyler is also hungry, and she knows that developing her supporting cast will help her to reach her goals (including #1000).

Reactions: Scarletwoman
I’m reposting my reply from earlier in this thread...
Diana - did some research on your question about a player jersey not including a name and here’s what I found:

Article 3: The color, style and design of all teammates’ game jerseys and game pants shall be alike.

And there are rules about the size and positioning of the name. So it would appear that every player should have the same jersey and if one contains a name, they all should.

But From a practical standpoint there are situations where that could not happen. For example, if there is blood on a jersey that can’t be removed, the player may wear an alternate jersey. I remember this happening several years ago to Rob Hodgson in a men’s game. If a jersey is torn, a replacement jersey would be needed. In any of these instances, it would be virtually impossible to have the players name on the replacement jersey. If I recall correctly, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the players luggage had been lost. This would appear to be a valid reason for a replacement jersey.

Diana - did some research on your question about a player jersey not including a name and here’s what I found:

Article 3: The color, style and design of all teammates’ game jerseys and game pants shall be alike.

And there are rules about the size and positioning of the name. So it would appear that every player should have the same jersey and if one contains a name, they all should.

But From a practical standpoint there are situations where that could not happen. For example, if there is blood on a jersey that can’t be removed, the player may wear an alternate jersey. I remember this happening several years ago to Rob Hodgson in a men’s game. If a jersey is torn, a replacement jersey would be needed. In any of these instances, it would be virtually impossible to have the players name on the replacement jersey. If I recall correctly, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the players luggage had been lost. This would appear to be a valid reason for a replacement jersey.

I posted the comment about the luggage snafu. ;-)

When one of my daughters was in high school she got hit with a technical for wrong # on her shirt. She had different numbers on her home and away uniforms. (Small school an limited shirts available). Kid who submitted the starting line up put away # down on the sheet for a home game.
As I recall Hodgeson went to three shirts that game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT