ADVERTISEMENT

RU looking at A. Mitchell ?

ScarletStateofNJ

All Conference
Jul 6, 2011
T Hunt stated in a mailbag article that RU was doing its Due Diligence on A Mitchell. I would say it's a long shot given the 2 yr sit-out, but still an interesting tidbit. I bet he goes to Temple.

It is really a one year sit out, but you lose another year of eligibility. If he goes to Temple he would have 4 years to play, 3 if he stays in the B1G.

If he were a QB or lineman, I'd be more open minded. My gut feeling here is "pass".

Someone already posted in another thread that the vetting was already completed and Rutgers passed after getting negative feedback. I thought that was BS.

Like I said, if Rutgers does the research and wants him ( Coach Ash ) and if Mitchell wants to come....Everyone here would be happy and hope that he turns into a All Big 10 receiver. If he wants to come, I don't think losing a year would matter to him because he probably already views himself as a 3 year starter and out.

Last edited:
As usual Hunt is creating a story that isn't there. He loves to make it seem like RU has interest in retreads when in reality, we don't. Re: Nelson, Gopre, Ports now Mitchell.

Interesting point that I haven't thought about. No reason for these articles not to state "Rutgers not likely interested in Mitchell" or something similar.

Coach Ash started following him on Twitter. Guess we don't care that he got suspended for drugs...

Are you guys sure he doesn't have to sit two.years? The best players who would leave for the NFL after three years would be switching teams all the time then

If he transfers outside the B1G he has five to play four. If he transfers within the B1G he has five to play three. So yes, he has to sit two years.

If he transfers outside the B1G he has five to play four. If he transfers within the B1G he has five to play three. So yes, he has to sit two years.

Yes, but a lot of people think that it is two consecutive years..... that's where they are mistaken.

He could play on 2017, so he is sitting out one year.

The other JH could also block the transfer.

Or, sit, play 3 and then leave..... assuming he is good enough.
Well then that sheds a whole different light on the 2 year rule IMO, especially for the younger guys and especially if they think they have the talent to play in the NFL. For those guys, the 2 year rule is much less relevant then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT