ADVERTISEMENT

***RU Men's LAX vs Maryland Preview/Game Thread***

For the record, Chris at College Crosse has RU as the last team in. Just root for Yale, Albany and Denver to take care of business. We want Cuse to win as well to keep it a Top 10 win for RU as losing to Colgate I don't think will kick Cuse out of the tourney.

I'm torn whether to say to root for Colgate or Syracuse
Colgate, definitely Colgate. If they win they are in and take up a valuable at-large bid. They lose and they are on the bad side of the bubble. The extra slot helps us more than the downgrade in SOS/QWF.

I know the committee won’t be impressed by them.... but my point was that numbers don’t tell the whole story. If you don’t think those were tough games, then you don’t have a clue. Those games are prime examples as to why RPI is total fubar. I would love to see an ACC team play in 20 degree weather on the road
I agree with you that there’s usually a story behind the story. I believe that RU can compete with any team on a neutral field, but I’m skeptical that it can beat a Top 15 team away from HPSS. I have tickets for the Final 4 in Foxboro, so I’d love to see RU get a bid because if it gets in, anything can happen in the first 2 rounds. And RU wouldn’t see Maryland until May 26th.

Reactions: biazza38
I agree with you that there’s usually a story behind the story. I believe that RU can compete with any team on a neutral field, but I’m skeptical that it can beat a Top 15 team away from HPSS. I have tickets for the Final 4 in Foxboro, so I’d love to see RU get a bid because if it gets in, anything can happen in the first 2 rounds. And RU wouldn’t see Maryland until May 26th.
Totally agree with you here!! Very very very skeptical of our ability to beat a top 15 away from home. The data is pretty clear there. I just don’t like the way the committee, the RPI, etc decides what a good win is. You can almost make the argument that the Lehigh win is better than our Cuse win. I was at the Cuse game. We hammered down on them in the third/fourth quarter. At the end, none of it matters. Go Denver. Go Albany

Denver down 0-4 to GT midway through 2nd. Dammit Denver is gonna screw us again!

Anything is possible but these coaches are extremely competitive and they want to win championships of any kind, including conf. championships. I have a hard time imagining how that conversation between conference commissioner and coach telling him to throw a game would go.

Reactions: Caliknight
Anything is possible but these coaches are extremely competitive and they want to win championships of any kind, including conf. championships. I have a hard time imagining how that conversation between conference commissioner and coach telling him to throw a game would go.
Teams don't get home field throughout the tourney like pro sports. They get one home game, then neutral site the rest of the way. Conferences get more money with more teams in the Dance, and BE and ACC are unethical as hell. I could see fixing games to get teams in.

Coaches don’t care about any of that and I doubt lax is important enough nor is there enough money at stake for the people who might care to go to those lengths.

Reactions: Local Shill
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT