ADVERTISEMENT

RU MLAX 12-6 Over Monmouth. Now 5-0

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
No viewing for this one, but looking at the stats, we won them all. Would have like to see a few less turnovers and our extra man be better. Looks like Alleyne got the start again. I wonder if Edelmann is out for awhile?

12-6 is a nice win, especially after last year. Monmouth is not a fun team to play. I won't say much because they are led by an RU alum, but there are teams that takes the air out of the ball so much it ruins the game.

On to Stony Brook. That is going to be a battle, with Princeton a few days after.

I'm guessing we didn't have our best shooting day, but we doubled them up. Always a good thing.

the Soph from Stoney Brook NY MAZZONE erupted for THREE goals...his 1st of the year!!!!

We had a decided advantage in ground balls when last I looked...22-7! in the 3rd quarter

Beida, Henningsburg and Charalambedes all scored

Aleyne was in the crease...is Edelman hurt?

Edelmann stout last game too. Alleyne has a ton of experience and is stopping the ball well. No need to rush Edlemann back.

its an amazing number of FR and Sophs scoring.......[banana]
Charalambides, Christiano, Frankowiak, Jordan, Rose..all FR who have scored
Henningburg, Mazzone , Scarpello, Toliver...all Sophs who have scored

Bieda Sr(26) , HeningburgSO(19), CharalambedesFR(22) lead the NATION in team attackmen scoring/pts
Brecht has put together some gunners:uzi:
The D is downright stingy:boxing:...but can improve
we even have a long pole D man that has scored 2 goals...SR Zack Sikora
and a FR Dman has 2 assists>>>>no small accomplishment

this may be the best team in recent memory>>>maybe since 82 when i was last "on the banks"
up next Stony Brook...who I think we CAN beat
but for me..the Princeton game :chairshot:after that>>>thats what I am waiting for !!!!!!!!
PS #18 Penn State lost...so we should move up....[cheers]

Reactions: MrWise
Let's see how the season plays out. We've had some pretty good teams since 82, including 90 which was one of our best.

Lots to like about this team now and where it's going though. The D continuing to get better is a major plus. They were a big question mark to coming into the season, but they have been playing well, from the d mids to close. We knew we would score some goals, and are.

Stony Brook followed by Princeton is a big test.

Reactions: mikefla
In 1982 we went 10-2 and didnt get an NCAA invite losing to CUSE by 1 and ARMY....what a pisser !
In 1986 we went 11-4...went 1-1 in the NCAAs....
In 1990 we went 10-5 and went to the NCAAs where we went 1-1 Greg Rinaldi was our big guy & Powless

2003 we went again 10-5 and beat #4 Syracuse ,,I was at that game:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
2003 Defensive POY+ROY Greg Havalchak
2003 Coach of The Year Jim Stagnitta
2003 First Team Delby Powless.....an upstate NY guy!!!!
2003 First Team Jeffrey Duca
Lost to Georgetown in out NCAA game

Ive seen many of our best,,,Cromwell(my fav), Naslonski(with his arm up like a ram style LOL), , Danowski , Trabulsy, Rinaldi, Powless..many more

ahh memory lane

and now that i have the RU record book open(Pdf)..i shall grab a cup of coffee and read awhile LOL

Rinaldi never played with Powless. They were more that a decade apart.

That 90 team was very good, reaching a #3 ranking at one point. If not a season ending injury to out best attackman, who knows what could have been. Numerous all Americans on that squad.

Could imagine having Delby with Chico that would have been something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT