Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
Well, RU *opponent* in this case

NCAA

#2 South Carolina 79 #11 Buffalo 63 - Gamecocks get UConn next

Postseason to date:

NCAA 10-9 (best possible record 16-3)
WNIT 9-6 (best possible record 14-1)
Overall 19-15 (best possible record 30-4)

There have been no palindromic scores in 4 games today. There has been one palindromic score in 110 games in the postseason. It's been ten days (two with no games) since the last palindromic score.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1

The WBI had a palindrome although the games don't count as RU opponents and I don't know how far you drill down on the ESPN women basketball scores for your tallies of total number of games.
Central Arkanas beat Nevada 65 to 56 on Mar 24.

Interestingly, it looks like Yale who beat South Alabama in OT will be playing Cen Ark for the WBI championship later this week.

I started looking at the WBI scores after the coach for the UCIrvine Anteaters lobbied publicly with their AD to let their very young team to keep playing in the post season. They did not get to the WNIT since UCDavis qualified but they did go to the WBI. Unfortunately Irvine lost in the first round, so they did not get much more playing time. But UCDavis kept going in the WNIT until they ran into Buss and Indiana (last B1G women's team playing) Mar 25.

The WBI had a palindrome although the games don't count as RU opponents and I don't know how far you drill down on the ESPN women basketball scores for your tallies of total number of games.
Central Arkanas beat Nevada 65 to 56 on Mar 24.

Interestingly, it looks like Yale who beat South Alabama in OT will be playing Cen Ark for the WBI championship later this week.

I started looking at the WBI scores after the coach for the UCIrvine Anteaters lobbied publicly with their AD to let their very young team to keep playing in the post season. They did not get to the WNIT since UCDavis qualified but they did go to the WBI. Unfortunately Irvine lost in the first round, so they did not get much more playing time. But UCDavis kept going in the WNIT until they ran into Buss and Indiana (last B1G women's team playing) Mar 25.

I hadn't been tracking the WBI, as you guessed, because there weren't any RU opponents in it. But that doesn't mean I should ignore palindromic scores!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT