ADVERTISEMENT

RU soccer rules the BIG

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
As a combination of both teams, we are clearly the top soccer program in the league. Women are playing for the outright championship tomorrow and the men's team (POY and COY) is a solid third place as they enter the tournament. No other school comes close.

newell hasn't watched a single soccer game start to finish this year I bet. Clearly we are the top soccer school in the Big Ten this year.

Reactions: MikeR0102
The women definitely were better than ohio state yesterday. You could tell in every phase of the game.

There's nothing to conclude so why would you? Neither team won regular season or tournament titles yet. All you can say at this point is that both teams have had very good seasons and are headed in the right direction. And I'm a fan saying this.

UCLA Beats Rutgers for Soccer Title November 01,1993
UCLA won its sixth soccer invitational championship in nine years by defeating Rutgers, 2-0, Sunday at UCLA's North Soccer Field.

Ante Razov scored a goal in the first half and Adam Frye scored in the second half for UCLA (16-2-0), which defeated the Scarlet Knights (14-4-1) for the tournament title in 1989 and also beat them for the 1990 NCAA title.

The Bruins, ranked sixth, limited the seventh-ranked Scarlet Knights to four shots on goal.

Razov, whose three goals set a tournament record, was named offensive most valuable player. UCLA midfiedler Jorge Salcedo was the defensive MVP.

It takes a championship mentality....something we haven't developed at RU yet. I hope this is the start.

As a combination of both teams, we are clearly the top soccer program in the league. Women are playing for the outright championship tomorrow and the men's team (POY and COY) is a solid third place as they enter the tournament. No other school comes close.

tumblr_nlwori6vM81s5rgs9o1_500.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT