ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Nebraska 6PM 1/21/18 Game Thread

13 more shots yet 4 less baskets...how is that possible....only 8 turnovers to 17 for Nebby...something is seriously wrong here

Scaife can't make a shot in fourth quarter.Game getting away from Rutgers Nebraska leads 50-42 with two minutes remaining.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
This is an ugly game and I thought they had turned the corner and could play with the B1G girls, but alas not meant to be. Oh well I will go watch the Eagles win a game.

Reactions: RUJMM78
RU last scored a 3 at 5:56 to make it 45-42...hasnt done anything since and the game is under 30 second...NO EXCUSE...make that no fgs for the last 5:56 of game..wow

Very bad day for Rutgers with the wrestling team and the two basketball teams all lost with abysmal performances.

won't say anything but how disappointed in the way RU is playing and understand why some have decided this team regressed or isn't as good as advertised.

I can live with a loss as long as there was some type of effort put into the game. I didn’t see that from this team tonight. Where was their sense urgency? Maybe they are tired and need a day or two off to get mentally and physically rejuvenated.

and they were lucky to eek out that Minnesota win if that girl didnt blow that last second shot in front of the basket

thats why I was so hard on team even after what I saw against Purdue in the win at the RAC..this team started to slip back into its old habits of bad offense under CVS, it wasnt the kind of play that they had in the nonconference schedule and since then they havent really broke out of that funk save for a blowout of bottom feeding Illinois. Scaife shouldnt be shooting 26 times...no no no

game at Indiana will be tough...they were up 26 points at MSU before MSU rallied get very close...they can shoot and have ponytails and riding confidence and the game is at their place....could be a game that RU needs to actually keep them on track for NCAA...Maryland 2x, Ohio State and Michigan loom after that...wow thats scary...this team easily could lose them all considering 3 of the 5 are on the road

What should have every Rutgers fan getting really nervous isn't the lack of scoring right now but rather next season without Scaife.This team could really take a dramatic nosedive similar to last season.

What should have every Rutgers fan getting really nervous isn't the lack of scoring right now but rather next season without Scaife.This team could really take a dramatic nosedive similar to last season.
Disagree. Hopefully they will play "team" ball and not "Tyler" ball. Plus, Guirantes sounds like the real deal. Zippy is a question for now.

Disagree. Hopefully they will play "team" ball and not "Tyler" ball. Plus, Guirantes sounds like the real deal. Zippy is a question for now.

Don't agree, Tyler will be sorely missed. They will go back to last years game because no one on this team is a baller other than Tyler.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Don't agree, Tyler will be sorely missed. They will go back to last years game because no one on this team is a baller other than Tyler.
I will agree to disagree. Certain players will have way more time to shoot, and score. We have some really good athletes, and as mentioned above hopefully the new gals will be able to contribute sooner than later. A "team" cannot depend solely on one baller. Sure Tyler will be missed.

I went to my first wbb game with my daughter. Seemed like too many times the RU point guard took too long to start the offensive set, nothing would come of it, Scaife ends up with ball with ten on clock, takes a tough shot.
Couldn't miss the contrast vs the ball movement by Nebraska. Their point guard played well and their center was better anybody RU had in the paint.

Can't take this team seriously as a contender in the BIG and the NCAA. Doubt they get in. Fools gold on early wins and just getting into the meat of the schedule. How can you lose these games at home?

Reactions: shields
Can't take this team seriously as a contender in the BIG and the NCAA. Doubt they get in. Fools gold on early wins and just getting into the meat of the schedule. How can you lose these games at home?
We should ask Maryland and Ohio St that question.Both have lost home games to lower ranked teams. 12-1 at home is still nothing to sneeze at.

That said, you’re right. This team is going through a very rough patch and needs to get it turned around quickly. Still lots of season left. Please don’t give up on them at a time when they most need our support.

Lots of time this week and next to get some rest and figure out what's broken. 6 day break between Nebraska and @Indiana, and then a 5 day break before @Maryland.

Just 1 game in 11 days - almost like having a couple bye weeks to get on same page before the gauntlet of the rest of the season. After this break, five of the last seven are at the top of the conference and ranked, then we head into the B1G tournament.

Whoever said they hoped Viv got her 1000th win at home vs. Iowa, now I'm hoping you *do* get your wish.

Very interesting press conference. CVS addresses some of the items raised in this thread. Maybe we will see a return to the platoon system and more energy for the rest of the season.

Why quiet all of a sudden??
Didn't want to overreact because of being disappointed over the loss and how team played.
Could be the closer to 1000 CVS gets the more pressure this team is feeling and that needs to be nipped in the bud and one game at a time needs to be stressed .
Also feeling some that look like they are jumping off the bandwagon shouldn't get an over reactionary response from me. Most have shown they really care and don't deserve to be responded to with anything but respect.
We know who the ones that just bash, because tey haven't showed their finger on this board when things were looking good.

I can sense CVS frustration but she is the head coach...Tyler took 26 shots...now she is saying they are just deferring to her..well coach has to specifically start running in game plays for others. I have always notice CVS is a great gameplan prep coach but situationally is where she drops off. Perhaps then she need to sit Tyler down, some of Tyler's shots were forced. Whats disappointing is that this should have been nipped in the bud before conference play began. This seems like a very very one dimensional RU team..its like Tyler and no one else..maybe Carey maybe Green at times...just seemed in the past you knew who the scoring options were and now you dont...its almost as if there are too many cooks playing in the broth more is not always better

I can sense CVS frustration but she is the head coach...Tyler took 26 shots...now she is saying they are just deferring to her..well coach has to specifically start running in game plays for others. I have always notice CVS is a great gameplan prep coach but situationally is where she drops off. Perhaps then she need to sit Tyler down, some of Tyler's shots were forced. Whats disappointing is that this should have been nipped in the bud before conference play began. This seems like a very very one dimensional RU team..its like Tyler and no one else..maybe Carey maybe Green at times...just seemed in the past you knew who the scoring options were and now you dont...its almost as if there are too many cooks playing in the broth more is not always better

From the post game presser, it seemed like the gameplan prep hasn't been what she wants it to be - that players haven't been practicing well. Maybe their streak and their press clippings went to their head? Hopefully after two consecutive losses, she has their full attention again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT