ADVERTISEMENT

RU was exhausted

I call bullshit. We didn’t look exhausted. That’s just sports talk. We were playing with juice and energy. As much, if not more then the well rested Purdue squad.

I agree ScarletKid - rather than exhausting is the first two games got us into an excellent game rhythm. Excellent job by the team and the staff.

Reactions: JERSEYROOTS
I say bs to your comment--there's no excuses but if you were close to the bench at game you would agree

The only evidence I saw of fatigue was that late in the game we did not close well on some of their three point shots. They made the shots but in some cases we did not contest as we did earlier.

Statistically it was the three point shooting that was the difference

Some we're well defended and some five feet beyond the arc- amazing!

We did not look tired at all. That wasn’t it. A Top 5 team shot 43% from three point land.
We brought our A game. Sweet to see.

Reactions: RUDead and satnom
Bad take. Absolutely not the case and the players said it themselves.

3 ball killed us. Believe we outscored on second chance points 20-2 or something along those lines.

Both teams leveraged their strengths. 43% is our average from 3. You guys murdered us on the offensive glass. The difference was basically the number of offensive weapons. What do you guys have coming in next year to help in that regard?

I do not think RU was tired at all. Some teams come in the third game and get worn down as the game goes on but I think RU was actually playing off the adrenaline from the previous two nights. I think today at 4:30 would have been where the fatigue could start to set in especially in the 2nd half

I don’t know if I would say exhausted. If we lost by twenty and the shooting was off, then I’d say we were exhausted. Was fatigue a factor? Yes, but we made a lot big shots. Purdue just made more

Reactions: satnom
It's not like Purdue had a bad game. They brought their A game. And that game could have went either way.

I don' think we played like we were tired. Still shot well in the 2nd half. We improved with each game - Wednesday was not a great looking game but we survived. Somewhere in the 2st half of the Indiana game we turned it around and played our best ball of the season for the rest of Thursday and Friday.

I do think fatigue came into play in the last 5 minutes of the game. Not deciding factor, but still a factor.

Radio analyst Joe Boylan kept saying Rutgers needs to make more shots to win league games .He was right prior to the B1G Tournament and surely during the games where Rutgers showed higher levels of scoring.

I said the tiredness was not an excuse(reason) for the lost--but they were

The vast majority of posts disagree including me based on eye test and the players said no. I heard it too.

Being somewhat tired is part of the game.

The 1 point I think it DID impact was when their coach P. called 1 of his three remaining TOs before Corey shorted his foul shot. He froze him a bit there. Having him wait definitely brought the adrenaline level down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT