ADVERTISEMENT

Can’t believe I’m saying this…but Fernandes needs to take Simpson’s minutes

Yep, but as noted it’s an offense vs defense trade off. And our coach is Steve Pikiell, so defense will always win out.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Last few games of the season with basically zero chance of postseason play - what's the point of playing Noah? Noah came here for 1 year and underperformed - game over. Much more upside to getting Simpson minutes whether he does well or not - Noah is a dead end.

Not exactly sure I understand the lack of playing time after the Wisconsin game. He’s 10-14 from 3.
I guess his size is an issue on defense. But that’s puzzling to me

Noah is still not great defensively, but he was better tonight. I like the offensive moxie he’s showing. Simpson 1-7 with a a ton of awful shots.
Not with points, but Simpson played a good game in every other aspect.

Last few games of the season with basically zero chance of postseason play - what's the point of playing Noah? Noah came here for 1 year and underperformed - game over. Much more upside to getting Simpson minutes whether he does well or not - Noah is a dead end.
So is Simpson bc he’s never going to be an adequate shooter. Better to play the superior player now and worry about next year next year. I was surprised DSelfish played more than Davis in the second half. Davis played well.

• Love
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Noah is still not great defensively, but he was better tonight. I like the offensive moxie he’s showing. Simpson 1-7 with a a ton of awful shots.
Lou, you are all over the place. No one deserves another player’s minutes, and it’s not just offense. If Noah or another bench player gets hot, make plays on D, sure, they stay in the game and play a lot more. As a coach, you ride the hot hand.

Just like how Pike extended the starters in the first half when they go off to that 12-1, 16-4 start. It’s game by game. Half by half. Matchups and play the hot hand, on O and on D.

Last edited:
Ridiculous thread. Especially after this game. Simpson is a baller. All over the court on D. Ya does some dumb shit but gtfo. Shooting percentage isn’t great but Noah is done. What would giving him Derek’s minutes accomplish at this point in the season???

I know people question the utility of plus/minus, but on a day we won by 30, Fernandes was -2 in 26 minutes. This means we were +32 in the 14 minutes without him on the floor, which is crazy.

This is also not a one-off, in conf games his +/- is -101, next closest on the team is -54. That Wisconsin game where he went 5-5 from 3? Despite that he was only +3 in 18 minutes (and he scored 18 pts in those 18 minutes!), so +19 in 22 minutes without him.

I assume a significant factor in this is his defense.

Ridiculous thread. Especially after this game. Simpson is a baller. All over the court on D. Ya does some dumb shit but gtfo

Disagree. Agree that Simpson is a baller. Love the d and love the effort. But, come on, the kid is just not a good shooter. Not even remotely good. Sadly 1-7 is pretty typical for him. Again love the effort but that’s just fact

For a team that is limited on O talking about giving a player (Noah) who has been more consistent/ productive on O is far from ridiculous

Reactions: Rutgers36
Disagree. Agree that Simpson is a baller. Love the d and love the effort. But, come on, the kid is just not a good shooter. Not even remotely good. Sadly 1-7 is pretty typical for him. Again love the effort but that’s just fact

For a team that is limited on O talking about giving a player (Noah) who has been more consistent/ productive on O is far from ridiculous
This year is over. We need Derek for next year. Short sighted. Dumb thread

On a team where no one can shoot 3's, there is obviously a need for someone who can shoot. Noah is the best 3 point shooter on the team. His defense is decent at times but poor often and his size is a concern

The other piece is this season is pretty much over and Noah is gone so is it really worth it? Probably just keep him on the bench as a scoring offensive spark substitute but man he has been on fireeee lately

So many posters banished Noah to the “zero minutes” club. Rockheads Unite!
Not Shelby. He’s been steadily and loudly anti DSelfish for months, noting Noah is the best PG we have and the only guard who isn’t only hunting his own shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT