ADVERTISEMENT

RU Women’s b-ball ticket prices

read option

All Conference
Nov 12, 2013
Is the cheapest seat for today’s game vs Neb really $20? If so that’s insane. Should easily be able to get a $10 ticket.

Reactions: Bon1674
That really is not a good way to encourage attendance at the women's games. Yesterday, I was at the McHale Center on the U of Arizona campus for the Rutgers gymnastics match and they were selling $12 tix for Arizona men's bball! That's a team that often sells out a 14K plus seat arena and is usually nationally ranked. RU women's bball (along with the men most years) never has that kind of ticket demand so RU needs to wake up to that reality and do whatever it can to build the fan base, not to alienate it with out-of-line ticket prices.

Note: I did not see what they were charging for the Arizona women's team, which is hosting national power Oregon tonight.

Reactions: ScarletDave
This is probably too late, but I think you can pick up GA tickets at the window just before the game. I believe that Heaven University posted about a promotion that was available in the past day or two.

That being said - I really wish they would do a better job of promoting the women's team. I know I am biased because they have been special to us since the kids were Cager kids over a decade ago - but we need to put more fannies in the seats.

At UNC Charlotte (fledgling team building fan base but has huge arena), women’s games are free and men’s ticket $5.

I was like "no way!" and then checked the tix site. WOW, that's all they are selling is 100 level at $22 per? Really? That's crazy.

PS, great game again today women!

The price is reasonable. The team is good and it is great entertainment for the price. Happy to pay it.

Reactions: TRU2RU
That really is not a good way to encourage attendance at the women's games. Yesterday, I was at the McHale Center on the U of Arizona campus for the Rutgers gymnastics match and they were selling $12 tix for Arizona men's bball! That's a team that often sells out a 14K plus seat arena and is usually nationally ranked. RU women's bball (along with the men most years) never has that kind of ticket demand so RU needs to wake up to that reality and do whatever it can to build the fan base, not to alienate it with out-of-line ticket prices.

Note: I did not see what they were charging for the Arizona women's team, which is hosting national power Oregon tonight.
Are you sure the tickets they were selling weren't for the women? Or were they men's tickets in the rafters. I thought women's tix were in that range.

Our season tix are not expensive. General Admission season tix go for $75, ours were a bit more.

The sign did say "men's bball." I would guess they charge less for the women or, at least, no more than they do for the men but I didn't see a sign for women's bball. Mind you, this was just what I saw when walking toward the entrance where tickets were scanned, so there were likely other locations. The U of A women lost again last night but did draw 7680 fans to the arena for their big game against Oregon. That used to happen at RU on weekends.

The main point is that $10 tix for the 200 level and above seats at the RAC is more reasonable to more people, especially the many with kids, than $20. And once people are in the building, they'll spend money on concessions, so RU will still come out ahead financially and the environment would be more exciting.

yeah to be clear I am not saying $22 down low is bad, just that there should be other options (which I thought there were?)

Is the cheapest seat for today’s game vs Neb really $20? If so that’s insane. Should easily be able to get a $10 ticket.
Rutgers was running a two tickets for $20 promotion for the game, plus parking is FREE. No one is cheaper than me and even I think these are great prices for a Big Ten sports event. Heck, you can’t even see a movie or go bowling for $10 any more. That being said, I hope Pat Hobbs can arrange more doubleheader’s next season. Enjoyed the one this year and would be good to have at least some on weekends. Maybe even mix it up with a wrestling match now and then.

My problem isn't the price - for me it's more about the lack of creativity to get more families in the seats. Years ago they had a ton of family fun packs, which was a nice way to get folks (especially those of us who had to travel an hour) to bring the kids. I think Cager's Kids was a volunteer effort - but how cool was it for my kids to be on the floor as the team came out of the locker room, have pizza with the team after a game (it doesn't get any better than to watch Kia Vaughn put my son on her shoulders and walk around with him!) and to meet the coach. When I was at the game on NYE - I kept thinking of how many more attendees there used to be.

Agreed. The attempt at a Kids Corner this year is not very successful either. Went yesterday for the first time with a friend and his 5 year old who was very excited about it. When we got there there was a group of girls who handed out a Horizon string back pack with a Horizon plastic cup and a cloth wallet. Then the “arts and crafts” advertised was a sheet of paper with various shapes to cut out to look like a CVS 500 poster and last but not least a bounce house.

Maybe they were having some kind of a special deal, but tickets to the Arizona men's games are usually more expensive, with the cheapest tickets being at least $26... $12 is what they charge for good seats at the women's games day of game ($10 in advance).. I'm not sure how the AZ ticket prices compare to RU prices, but for reference, the current AZ women's seating/price chart is below, followed by the men's seating/price chart.

https://static.arizonawildcats.com/...21.706526355.1578946941-1261949304.1578946941

https://static.arizonawildcats.com/...61.706526355.1578946941-1261949304.1578946941

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT