ADVERTISEMENT

RU Wrestling Recruits State Tourney Results

Wow, hard to please?
A win is a win in the state tournament... What if he played catch and release to try and get separation in the score?

If you actually read my entire post, you can see that I alluded to the fact I didn't see the match and was asking if Abro did because at face value its not a result you would expect from the #1 in the national rankings vs. a kid with almost a .500 record on the year. Hence the reason for my post to see if someone who saw the match could explain how it played out.

Calm down.

I am following on Track wrestling. Might buy it tomorrow, hearing NJcom having technical issues.

160- Cody Harrison wins 7-1.

Kanniard and ONeill up soon

Reactions: MS-RU
Coming up at 220 are 2 familiar last names. Top seed Zach DelVecchio and Nik Colucci.

At 195 keep your eyes on Jackson Crawn from Kittatiny. He just won by a quick pin. His uncled was a State Champ at Heavyweight a few years ago for Newton, Doug Crawn, his other Uncle, Linn Crawn, was the coach at Kittatiny, also a tremendous Heavyweight Wrestler and both Doug and Linn tremendous football players.
This kid Jackson, will be a tremendous heavyweight in a year or 2. RU , start recruiting him ! lol

Reactions: ruready07
Aragona/weaver should be good match. Weavers only a soph so jojo gets the advantage but weaver is tough had glory on his back last year

Fernandes is a beast at hwt. Damn it would have been nice to reel him in. I read all but one of his matches were by pin. The other a tech fall. And 99 percent of his matches ended before 2nd period. He had 2 quick falls today. He had a 3 second pin this season. I dont know how that is possible. Lol

Fernandes is a beast at hwt. Damn it would have been nice to reel him in. I read all but one of his matches were by pin. The other a tech fall. And 99 percent of his matches ended before 2nd period. He had 2 quick falls today. He had a 3 second pin this season. I dont know how that is possible. Lol
If i got pinned in 3 seconds i'd hang up my singlet...forever

Reactions: ruready07
Not me..I'd be back the next day, ready to get better. Can't let the little roadblocks prevent you from doing what you enjoy doing...if you enjoy it that is.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Upcoming Quarterfinals matches at noon:

138- JoJo Aragona (42-0) vs (9) Dylan Weaver - Lyndhurst/No. Arlington, R3-1st; 29-1,

152- (3) Cody Harrison - Phillipsburg, R4-1st; 37-2 vs (6) Dante Stefanelli - Delbarton, R3-1st; 22-4, (11th

160- (1) Robert Kanniard - Wall, R6-1st; (43-0 vs 9) Tony Asatrian - Paramus, R2-2nd; 21-1

160- (6) Connor O`Neil - DePaul, R2-1st; 35-1 vs (3) Michael Wilson - North Hunterdon, R5-1st; 37-4,

182- (2) John Poznanski - Colonia, R4-1st; 37-1, vs (10) Kieran Calvetti - Delbarton, R3-1st; 30-7

Agree kanniard match should be good. Saw Stefaneli in regions looked strong. Weavers an underdog but he's tough esp on top

Couple good matches.
Interested to see how Kanniard vs Asatrian goes

O'Neil had a hard fought win in a 3-1 decision over Asatrian at the regionals, so it will be interesting to see how Kanniard does against him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT