ADVERTISEMENT

RUMLAX vs. Princeton on ESPN3

I'm watching this game even though I don't really follow lacrosse but these rules make no sense. How did Rutgers not get the ball back when the PU guy shot it off the post? Why isn't there a permanent shot clock?

I'm watching this game even though I don't really follow lacrosse but these rules make no sense. How did Rutgers not get the ball back when the PU guy shot it off the post? Why isn't there a permanent shot clock?
RU was offsides so play continues until RU gets possession to start the penalty

lo it’s sucks but “unacceptable”?? Lol..,relax buddy
It is. Close out the game. If you want to go to the tournament, then we have to step up. None of this “oh Princeton is a good team and we’re on the road.” Win the game and take care of business

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
It is. Close out the game. If you want to go to the tournament, they we have to step up. None of this “oh Princeton is a good team and we’re on the road.” Win the game and take care of business

I have to agree with this.
When you are ranked and up by 4 to an unranked opponent in the 4th quarter (no matter where you are), you need to close out the game.

Any team with aspirations of going to the tournament should be expected to do this.

@biazza38 has a point. Do the things you’re supposed to and this game is not nearly as close and probably wouldn’t have gone into OT.

Ground-ffffing balls!

Really now down to the BIG tournament, if we make it, barring winning a ton of games in a row. Bummer.

oh well ... we are Rutgers ... PU wins 15-14 ... lost to 2 teams already we beat last year, and Hopkins beat PU this year ... things can change, but predicting 8-8

This is the kind of shit that keeps us out of the tournament.

Ageee. 2 games we never should have lost to 2 teams that took advantage of all our mistakes and...ONCE AGAIN..,a Rutgers team that’s starts games and halves with their collective heads up they’re asses. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM with almost all of our programs. MUST CHANGE!!

In fairness we have two losses to teams at the bottom or out of the top 20 and no good wins. Really bad start to the season.

Have to go 3 and 2 in the BIG. No one good left on our schedule. Win every game left, including Cuse, go 3 and 2 in the BIG. Cuse is not good this year, Hopkins just destroyed them.

We can do it, but the margin of error is really small..

Unacceptable. Up 14-10 and evidently do not know how to close out a game. Coach Brecht probably won't say much damaging for public consumption but he ought to lay into this group good in private.

Reactions: biazza38
Well damn. This is brutal. No way to cut it. We have Lehigh Wednesday. That’s a tough one with Cuse next week. The early loss to Army hurt because it was a big opportunity. You don’t get into the tournament beating Fairfield, and Robert Morris. I’m sorry, but I just don’t see. Last week Maryland showed why they’re Maryland. And today we showed why we’re not breaking through

Reactions: riverrat151
Didn’t make the plays to beat Princeton and the refs. Can’t wait to see these stats. Still should have won even so. We are a much better team. Very tough loss.

Gotta rebound Wed against a very good Lehigh team.

2-1 was a good outcome in this stretch. Need the next one.

Now I agree: unacceptable loss! Here we go again SMDH!!

Ageee. 2 games we never should have lost to 2 teams that took advantage of all our mistakes and...ONCE AGAIN..,a Rutgers team that’s starts games and halves with their collective heads up they’re asses. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM with almost all of our programs. MUST CHANGE!!

Holy shit dude ...put the bottle down lol!

Hey Nuts, are you bi-polar because I sure as hell have my suspicions judging by this thread! Lol.

A loss is a loss, but losing that way is tough. We had that game. We are better. Deeper. Better coached.

They had Sowers and the refs.

This is why we have a hard schedule guys. Tourney is still very much in play. But we gotta win some games.

If we can get it on track, next week is winnable on the road.
After that, we finish 5 out of 7 at home, with a chance to win all home games.

If we can do that, we finish 10-4, and 3-2 in the conference.
Hope that’s enough to get us something...

A loss is a loss, but losing that way is tough. We had that game. We are better. Deeper. Better coached.

They had Sowers and the refs.
14-10 in the fourth. Gotta win if you want to go to the tournament. No excuses. This is why the Army loss hurt so much. It would allow for a loss like this. Three tough games left before conference play.

If we can get it on track, next week is winnable on the road.
After that, we finish 5 out of 7 at home, with a chance to win all home games.

If we can do that, we finish 10-4, and 3-2 in the conference.
Hope that’s enough to get us something...

Have to get to that point first. Which is a long shot

14-10 in the fourth. Gotta win if you want to go to the tournament. No excuses. This is why the Army loss hurt so much. It would allow for a loss like this. Three tough games left before conference play.
No doubt. Army is a good team. That loss didn’t really hurt. This one does. Gotta play for 60 minutes. We didn’t manage the last 10 well.

And I’ll say it again. Those refs were horrific. They play aggressive. So do we. The calls and penalties were very, very one sided. No way they win without that big delta.

No doubt. Army is a good team. That loss didn’t really hurt. This one does. Gotta play for 60 minutes. We didn’t manage the last 10 well.

And I’ll say it again. Those refs were horrific. They play aggressive. So do we. The calls and penalties were very, very one sided. No way they win without that big delta.
Need a signature win in the worst way. Gotta take care of business Wednesday. Then crush the Orange

Sadly, this was our best game of the year. We looked better then we have. Except Groundballs. Needed to do better there along with faceoffs.

Robert Morris up 8-1 on Marquette. I have been telling anyone that will listen that at the end of the year, that will be considered a good win. I would not want to play that team again.

Sadly, this was our best game of the year. We looked better then we have. Except Groundballs. Needed to do better there along with faceoffs.

Do yo feel that WE have slowed down (not that weee BEING slowed down...) and why if so?

We slowed it down a little bit, but that is the absolute right play. Up 4 goals with a kid on the other side of midfield in Sowers who is a dynamo, you don't need to outscore them. You need to run clock. At that point you don't need to outscore them, you need to manage the game. Keep the field balanced, don't let them get breaks, and be perfect in the sub game.

This was another spot where the refs f'd us. Rose takes a shot that is clearly deflected. That is supposed to reset the shot clock. Refs didn't do it, we are forced to try and make a play with the clock running down, we don't, and they come down and score. Easily could have had that ball for another minute.

We missed just enough plays to lose, with a lot of help from the refs. I actually feel good with how we looked. Outside of groundballs, we looked sharp. The best we have looked all year. Groundballs and man down D, which gave up way too many good looks.

Princeton is absolutely a team I would love to play again. We are better. Just didn't prove it today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT