ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns

Not necessarily. Some employers only offer single and family coverage. And family coverage is usually more than 2x the cost for single coverage (and typically even more than that)
Right . We have friends that are teachers in different NJ school districts and the spouse that makes the less money has the family plan. The other spouse declines the benefit and doesn’t pay a percentage towards premium

There's only 1 or 2 posters in this thread who are saying it's a "fact" that he did something improper. A bunch are responding to them. There's a bunch of others who might suspect something but are waiting for more information. Ther's a side debate on Medicare rules. There's a group of other posters taking a neutral position and there are those just wishing him health. That's how you get to 13 pages on the same subject. Not unusual for a board that generally tends towards conflict discussions
There’s just one who claims to know it’s a fact. Others, Shelby included, believe it based on the entirety of info at hand.

**** that

I’m not having mine and my families name (s) dragged through the mud, because a bunch of idiots wanna run with something (and then, due to me staying quiet about it, it gains legs) if I am legitimately innocent

When Kobe committed adultery, and his press conference, he was adamant. He did not rape the girl, admitted his wrongdoing, but would not back down on the rape claim.

Additionally, when Rafael Palmero and Lance Armstrong had press conferences and lied about their misgivings, they were shown to be hypocrites and liars, which will all come out in due time

One of the best things I’ve heard is that the truth shall set you free

In this case, if he isn’t back innocent, I would have a press conference, addressing my health situation, thanking Rutgers for the time I’ve worked there and highlight the accomplishments, and also addressing and or taking questions about the rumors

Whats being speculated can be squashed immediately, rather than staying quiet, and letting people (and possibly, multiple publicstions) run with it
He made a statement and people don’t believe him. Do you really think a press conf will help change those people’s minds? Hobbs doesn’t care what people are saying about on TKR or Reddit.

And yet, it happens everywhere and most assuredly has happened inside the walls of S-L. *Stuff* happens and it is not always Harvey Weinstein *stuff*. Yes.. of course it is wrong.. but, if it happened, the wronged parties are within those families and if they haven't gone public with it why should the S-L? Even if a wronged party wanted to punish such people, why should the S-L cooperate? Is it just for views.. for money? Is Rutgers and the the people harmed more by the alleged affair or by forcing out an effective executive and/or going public with the private matter? Resignation and even forced resignation is likely the correct thing for Rutgers for various reasons if the rumor is true.. but it should end there and hopefully it has.

Of course it’s about views for the SL. They’re a business and want stories that people will click on.

He made a statement and people don’t believe him. Do you really think a press conf will help change those people’s minds? Hobbs doesn’t care what people are saying about on TKR or Reddit.
I'll wait for the so called devastating affair article that was rumored to be the reason Hobbs retired
to come out before believing those with the : "I heard it on the internet, so it must be true", people posting about why Hobbs retired and not for the health reason he gave.

Also tend to doubt those claiming they have unimpeachable sources attesting to retirement wasn't for health concern as much as get out of Dodge before news of affair breaks .
Too often the inside information shared on an issue by posters who know someone in the know are not being given the right info because those they know are going by what they heard on the internet but claiming it's from the horses mouth

I might as well share my take:

1. Something really BAD involving Pat Hobbs happened
2. There was an investigation and finding of fact during the time Schiano gave the Big Ten Press Conference. This is why Schiano did not mention him, but curiously mentioned Holloway instead.
3. The investigation concluded and Pat was asked to resign
4. Exit conditions were negotiated and NDAs were agreed to, which might include benefits for a period of time and a golden parachute
5. The fact that the Governor and Holloway have been mum, and Schiano’s praise has been understated for what really has been an exemplary tenure at Rutgers looms large. We are in much better shape than we were 9 years ago. The field house and Jersey Mikes projects remain.
6. The “health” reason rationale was given to minimize the damage to Pats and Rutgers reputation

The possibly salacious details really don’t matter.

Time to move on.

Reactions: angmo
The doctors told my dad he needed treatment ASAP. He decided to wait until after the holidays. He died of his first heart attack on January 4th.

2. There was an investigation and finding of fact during the time Schiano gave the Big Ten Press Conference. This is why Schiano did not mention him, but curiously mentioned Holloway instead.
4. Exit conditions were negotiated and NDAs were agreed to, which might include benefits for a period of time and a golden parachute
5. The fact that the Governor and Holloway have been mum, and Schiano’s praise has been understated for what really has been an exemplary tenure at Rutgers looms large. We are in much better shape than we were 9 years ago. The field house and Jersey Mikes projects remain.
6. The “health” reason rationale was given to minimize the damage to Pats and Rutgers reputation

Time to move on.
I’m hoping this take is like your upset alerts

Even if one disregards the ‘known fact’ claim not based on Reddit commentary, it’s difficult to ignore:
*immediate retirement foregoing additional salary via loa, accrued sick time, etc.
*no cardio reason would be a terminal condition compelling being with family ‘at the end’
*no public official acknowledgement and best wishes communication or event from the university for the stellar contributions he’s made.
*omission in Schiano presser
**the above ‘evidence’, yes evidence, suggests forced immediate exit more than the cardio claim by itself suggests otherwise.

Not proof, but stronger evidence than for the alternative retirement rationale.

Time to move on.
Shelby agrees 100% with Al’s assessment.

I’m hoping this take is like your upset alerts
At the very least, Pat deserved to be honored at halftime at the Howard Game, which I guess could happen later.

But The fact it feels like they are trying to sweep this under the rug speaks volumes.

Even if one disregards the ‘known fact’ claim not based on Reddit commentary, it’s difficult to ignore:
*immediate retirement foregoing additional salary via loa, accrued sick time, etc.
*no cardio reason would be a terminal condition compelling being with family ‘at the end’
*no public official acknowledgement and best wishes communication or event from the university for the stellar contributions he’s made.
*omission in Schiano presser
**the above ‘evidence’, yes evidence, suggests forced immediate exit more than the cardio claim by itself suggests otherwise.

Not proof, but stronger evidence than for the alternative retirement rationale.
It’s this right here which has me question things - strange turn of events at a strange time

Time to move on.
So, you're saying we've finally learned how to handle sh*t sandwiches like the big boys do? No media leaks, clean up in house, tell the media to fvck off nothing's going on. When the story does come out, it's week's old and we've already handled that and moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT