ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns

Yeah I agree. The players won’t care about the AD per se. But it would be so Rutgers like for us to finally crack the top 25 or some other great milestone and instead of the news articles being about that - this would be when the SL would roll out some bomb story. Maybe I just worry too much - but I feel like that kind of thing has happened to us often throughout our history.
I hear you on this, but feel this type of mentality permeates (and understandably so) our fanbase

I see great things for this athletic dept and know we can, and should be, elite and in the upper echelon of college athletics moving forward

We have nearly everything we need to be successful - now it’s up to us (fans, admins, athletes, coaches) to make it happen

Yeah I agree. The players won’t care about the AD per se. But it would be so Rutgers like for us to finally crack the top 25 or some other great milestone and instead of the news articles being about that - this would be when the SL would roll out some bomb story. Maybe I just worry too much - but I feel like that kind of thing has happened to us often throughout our history.
In the words of Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush-this song is a great salve during rough times:

4df95feb-9392-4e33-803b-90e856d565a8_text.gif

06120973-9dee-4bfb-b536-8194309c3061_text.gif

a7e5ebbc-76d3-4f08-b8f5-5ba29e928376_text.gif

If he did what he's being accused of, I wish it would all be swept under the rug for the sake of W's and success
Call me crazy, but I think we're starting to get to the point as a fanbase

In the landscape of big-time college athletics, results are what matters - not infidelity, divorces, cheating, etc.
It's all about winning
Did he get accused of something that I missed or has it just been Reddit and our message board?

Virtue signaling is noble and all, but public positions at public universities interest the public. If his private life was of no consequence, it wouldn't be discussed. However in this case, it may have been. His contract was worded in a way where it is. His exit could affect some of the programs many of us follow.

It's not a conspiracy theory to question things when they appear out of the ordinary. Press releases and media aren't always factual. People quoting them as gospel must live in a different universe than the one where these things are frequently used to control narratives. Skepticism is warranted.

With that said, if all the smoke is nothing but rumors and he truly did step down for ONLY health related concerns, it's pretty terrible to kick a guy while down for entertainment. Even with no rumors, the way it was handled would raise suspicion and a similar conversation would go on.

This is a well thought out and posted snapshot of the situation. There may certainly be more to the story than we (the public) have been privy to.

I understand that social media feeds off of rumors and skepticism. That being said, I personally really don't care nor have significant interest in why Hobbs is resigning/retiring (or otherwise) from RU. I have interest in how this change will impact RU but I'm not really into the whole public needs to know what's going on in the private lives of public figures.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Serious. Sure. Catastrophic health emergency that he can’t travel? That’s just a dumb assumption
If I found out I had a worsening heart condition and the stresses of my job would make it even worse, and, I am already set for life $$$$ - my wife would insist I walk into the office and give my notice.

Serious. Sure. Catastrophic health emergency that he can’t travel? That’s just a dumb assumption
No one suggested that he can’t travel but the timing of the trip can be viewed as a bit curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT