ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns

So is Pat just gone gone?
YES.
Like cleaned out his office already.
YES.
Email deactivated.
THIS IS RUTGERS, PROBABLY NOT. E-MAIL HIM!
Access to facilities removed.
YES.
Gave his notice on Friday and just gone?
YES.
Not even a 2 week notice or anything?
YES.
Won't be involved in selecting his successor?
NOPE.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Agreed! When my wife was diagnosed with a recurrence of breast cancer many years ago, we booked a trip to Disney World with the kids
Recurrence of cancer does not require immediate attention though. A heart condition followed by an immediate resignation sure might depending on the circumstances. As I said earlier, depends on the diagnosis, how long it's been known/treated, severity, prognosis, etc. There are too many what ifs, but at face value, leaving your medical team behind and travelling overseas doesn't seem like the wisest choice here.

Recurrence of cancer does not require immediate attention though. A heart condition followed by an immediate resignation sure might depending on the circumstances. As I said earlier, depends on the diagnosis, how long it's been known/treated, severity, prognosis, etc. There are too many what ifs, but at face value, leaving your medical team behind and travelling overseas doesn't seem like the wisest choice here.
Actually it did. Stage 4, needed to start chemo asap.

Reactions: Knight Shift
So is Pat just gone gone?
Like cleaned out his office already.
Email deactivated.
Access to facilities removed.

Gave his notice on Friday and just gone?
Not even a 2 week notice or anything?
Won't be involved in selecting his successor?
Obviously much more to it. Most of us will never know.
Seems odd that even with a medical condition there would be a notice of leaving. 2 weeks or whatever.
Gone the same day ?

Actually it did. Stage 4, needed to start chemo asap.
Look there are plenty of medical issues that require immediate attention. There are zero medical issues that require you to return to the office straight from the doctor and quit on the spot and vacate the premises a few minutes thereafter and not speak to anyone on the way out. Especially when work is your life and you are basically the CEO and have all sorts of other leave of absence type of options available. Not to mention the trip to Ireland which everyone knows is the....umm...top destination for medical treatment?

Reactions: BossNJ
Honestly what is the end game to all the speculation?

Best case scenario for RU is that nothing further ever comes to light, period. Why are our biggest fans the ones trying to make something more out of it?

The whole "Jersey eats our own" is not at all the badge of honor folks like to pretend. Cry about the unfair media coverage all year, but then given the chance, invite it yourselves via rampant speculation formulated out of nothing. Absolutely maiming your nose to spite your face.

We have no idea what kind of test it was or what his heart issue is. There are plenty of circumstances where taking a trip after getting difficult news wouldn’t be unusual.

On the other hand, the Friday news dump and the way the news was rolled out by Rutgers are very atypical. Holloway didn’t even do as Greg did and “wish Hobb the best” - literally nothing but radio silence with respect to the medical issues leading Hobbs to abruptly resign. It’s one thing not to want to think about it or openly acknowledge the strangeness but it’s remark are accusing those who pointed it out of spreading rumors and speculation.

Look there are plenty of medical issues that require immediate attention. There are zero medical issues that require you to return to the office straight from the doctor and quit on the spot and vacate the premises a few minutes thereafter and not speak to anyone on the way out. Especially when work is your life and you are basically the CEO and have all sorts of other leave of absence type of options available. Not to mention the trip to Ireland which everyone knows is the....umm...top destination for medical treatment?

Do we know for sure that all was cleared out in that way? Technically he might’ve given notice and used vacation time but the school decided to expedite so as not to sit on appointing someone as interim.

Honestly what is the end game to all the speculation?

Best case scenario for RU is that nothing further ever comes to light, period. Why are our biggest fans the ones trying to make something more out of it?

The whole "Jersey eats our own" is not at all the badge of honor folks like to pretend. Cry about the unfair media coverage all year, but then given the chance, invite it yourselves via rampant speculation formulated out of nothing. Absolutely maiming your nose to spite your face.
If I were a mod, I’d close the thread right here at this post. Spot on.

I’m not a mod though…I’d be draconian af tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT