ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns

The only thing we can do is: expect the worst , but hope for the best ( if a major health problem being cause for retirement is better than having to get out of town before an affair comes to light )

As for me, I'll believe the affair rumor when it's a proven fact and still consider health was the reason.
I just won't be disputing anyone saying it was an affair.
I don't know the real reason and can't go by anyone claiming they know until it becomes public knowledge.

What would the best case here for Rutgers? Pat really does resign begrudgingly because health issues forced his hand. After absorbing the news, Holloway couldn’t even take care to wish him the best of luck with his health issues on behalf of the Rutgers community in our public announcement? Would that narrative really be such a good look for us?

You think an AD had an international vacation scheduled less than 10 days out from a home opener ?!

Isn’t it odd that there hasn’t been an outpouring of support from inside the dept for his health challenge

Isn’t it unusual that he is no longer involved at all almost immediately. Health or not .
/////////////////////////////////////

All relevant queries.

As I said immediately after the news, if it was solely health, there would be a leave of absence while the situation is more deeply evaluated from both ends.

This complete severing speaks to something different. That's not rumor mongering, but speaking from experience advising opn these very issues.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Do you wanna be blindsided or informed? Additionally it was PLASTERED all over the Michigan boards last year when they were being investigated for stealing signs. I guess to answer your question, yes! Other teams absolutely discuss unusual situations.

The fact that Pat resigned the way he did, when he did, with no leave of absence or any say in hiring his replacement? For a guy who universally is beloved for the job he did? Just use your head a little bit here man. Almost always where there's smoke, there's fire. There is undeniably smoke coming from the situation
He could of given two weeks notice and he would never be part of selecting his replacement, not even a little bit.

What would the best case here for Rutgers? Pat really does resign begrudgingly because health issues forced his hand. After absorbing the news, Holloway couldn’t even take care to wish him the best of luck with his health issues on behalf of the Rutgers community in our public announcement? Would that narrative really be such a good look for us?
Best case for Rutgers is this stays about as quiet as it has thus far and we hire a home run new AD. Can’t we just stop all the speculation until such time that more details are confirmed?

I would hope that the affair wasn't the cause and his health issue though serious enough to retire might not be life threatening with the proper treatment and a more relaxing lifestyle .
As for Holloway's reaction; it seems a little strange , but might be because Hobbs wants everything low key for now and the less said about his health the better until Pat and his wife feel ready to talk about his health more than just a written statement. I won't push that as a reason , only say it's a possibility .
But could be because Holloway wasn't too happy with the way things went down.
We can only guess, until the truth comes out.

I would hope that the affair wasn't the cause and his health issue though serious enough to retire might not be life threatening with the proper treatment and a more relaxing lifestyle .
As for Holloway's reaction; it seems a little strange , but might be because Hobbs wants everything low key for now and the less said about his health the better until Pat and his wife feel ready to talk about his health more than just a written statement. I won't push that as a reason , only say it's a possibility .
"a more relaxing lifestyle".

Ever bang a gymnast?

Ever bang a gymnast?
young-woman-looking-at-phone-lying-on-chest-with-legs-on-wall-and-bending-limbs-closer-to.jpg

as for the sex, don't be so nosey .
but a picture of a gymnast relaxing might be in order

• Haha
Reactions: angmo
It would be a real "who cares" in the grand scheme of things, ya.

It was only an article. No interview. In the same press release, Hobbs himself spoke about the medical issues citing them as the reason for his resignation. So your saying it’s possible he asked Holloway not to wish him well? That’d be more than just a little strange. IMO Holloway’s statement is the most unsettling piece to this.

Reactions: GotEmmm
It would be a real "who cares" in the grand scheme of things, ya.

Let me tell you something. Heaven forbid Hobbs dies next month of a heart attack and it turns out that’s exactly what this was all about? RU administration would look pretty crappy.

Let me tell you something. Heaven forbid Hobbs dies next month of a heart attack and it turns out that’s exactly what this was all about? RU administration would look pretty crappy.
To whom?

Very few outside this board would even notice.

To whom?

Very few outside this board would even notice.

The SL would find a way to blow it up as news. We wouldn’t look good.

Honestly - the best case scenario is Hobbs screwed up and had an affair. Someone who had it out for the gym teacher or whoever it was filed a whistleblower complaint that Hobbs was giving her preferential treatment with some administrative stuff. Once a complaint is filed in the hotline RU has to investigate it. The affair was uncovered. It happens. People make mistakes. But if it went down in a way like that, the association to potential conflict of interest wouldn’t be avoidable. RU would’ve done the right thing then, and it only just sucks that we parted with a good AD.

Last edited:
It was only an article. No interview. In the same press release, Hobbs himself spoke about the medical issues citing them as the reason for his resignation. So your saying it’s possible he asked Holloway not to wish him well? That’d be more than just a little strange. IMO Holloway’s statement is the most unsettling piece to this.
not saying he asked no one to wish him well, just thinking Hobbs wanted as little said as possible until he was ready to talk to press about his health.
Holloway might not have wanted to put himself in a position to explain why he wished Hobbs well and talk about what he knows about Hobbs' health issues.
There could be one thousand reasons Holloway didn't say anything that we would expect him to say, some good/some bad , but we can only guess and go by what we think until the whole story comes out.
So far I haven't heard anything to convince me one way or another .
But will play the Devil's advocate, when asked questions I can't answer because I'm not in the know .

Last edited:
The SL would find a way to blow it up aa news.
And I'm wondering why the SL hasn't said anything.( that I've heard about)
Has anyone posting in this thread read something about Hobbs retirement in the SL other than a health issue??
I believe it was posted that someone though the SL gave RU/Hobbs a heads up on a damaging article and that heads up caused Hobbs to retire.
But all I see is this boar speculating the worst case scenario and implying health wasn't the issue.

Not exactly. Fair questions have been raised about the timing and suddenness of the decision. The wording of his statement is a bit odd: "After meeting with my cardiac team this week and having just been apprised of the results of my latest round of testing, it is clear that I can not continue to serve as Athletic Director given the requirements of the position. I recognize this is not the ideal timeline to depart, however, other factors need to take precedence."
But Hobbs can go to Ireland and have pictures posted of himself enjoying myself right after leaving??. Unless terminal or diagnosed and treated many months ago (and stable), highly suspicious.
We all know this has been a strange ride- but also so strange that nothing has really come out at all- BTW- if it was an affair- Mrs. Pat gets actor of the year award in her vaca pics
Public relations at its' best?
Best case for Rutgers is this stays about as quiet as it has thus far and we hire a home run new AD. Can’t we just stop all the speculation until such time that more details are confirmed?
No!! People are eating this stuff up. 20 pages and will continue to grow. My thought as always, you wanted the high profile job, mega $$$. It comes with the good and the bad. The bad has now arrived.

Ever bang a gymnast?
Nope. But remember a probable gymnast at Action Park many moons ago and thought, OMG!
Unless this sudden diagnosis is a terminal condition or a non-threatning heart ailment that does not need immediate medical attention, if Hobbs died next month of a heart attack drinking a Guinness from the hometown tap or kissing the Blarney Stone, it's all on him.

But Hobbs can go to Ireland and have pictures posted of himself enjoying myself right after leaving??. Unless terminal or diagnosed and treated many months ago (and stable), highly suspicious.

Public relations at its' best?

No!! People are eating this stuff up. 20 pages and will continue to grow. My thought as always, you wanted the high profile job, mega $$$. It comes with the good and the bad. The bad has now arrived.

Nope.

Unless this sudden diagnosis is a terminal condition or a non-threatning heart ailment that does not need immediate medical attention, if Hobbs died next month of a heart attack drinking a Guinness from the hometown tap or kissing the Blarney Stone, it's all on him.
Hell for all I know the affair caused his heart condition because for the last 20 yeas he was all stressed out that his wife would find out about the love child that affair produced 😁🫨😇

Hell for all I know the affair caused his heart condition because for the last 20 yeas he was all stressed out that his wife would find out about the love child that affair produced 😁🫨😇
Now there's a " love child" ?? People are nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: LETSGORU91
So- here is the other side of it- If he had this affair- his biggest concern is his wife- yeah- job wise, sucks but the man has cash and no worries to step away and in a year he is a B1G TV guy.
If it was a real scandal- that he knows is breaking- it is still wife first and really, unless underaged or forced, no real big deal and life goes on in a year.

It is all just very strange.

I still wish him and his family the bast.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
So- here is the other side of it- If he had this affair- his biggest concern is his wife- yeah- job wise, sucks but the man has cash and no worries to step away and in a year he is a B1G TV guy.
If it was a real scandal- that he knows is breaking- it is still wife first and really, unless underaged or forced, no real big deal and life goes on in a year.

It is all just very strange.

I still wish him and his family the bast.

Me too. Even if they were to claim it was tied to his judgement as an AD, pretty much anything could be framed as a scandal once he had the affair. That’s why it’s treated as a conflict of interest. Because once the affair happens all it takes is one person to make an accusation that he’s giving preferential treatment to the employee he’s sleeping with.

But honestly - so what? If he did that, it has nothing to do with the job he did as AD.

been away from this thread for a few days

So let me get this straight…

.as of now nothing has come out in ANY legitimate press source

This still still just conjecture by know-nothings on this board and some random Reddit thread

Status the same since Sunday?

Do I have that right?

Yet supposed RU fans continue to spout their conspiracy theories?

Sound correct?

Just checking since, again, I’ve been away from this thread a few days and scanning the comments it seems it’s just more of the same crap.

Am I wrong?

been away from this thread for a few days

So let me get this straight…

.as of now nothing has come out in ANY legitimate press source

This still still just conjecture by know-nothings on this board and some random Reddit thread

Status the same since Sunday?

Do I have that right?

Yet supposed RU fans continue to spout their conspiracy theories?

Sound correct?

Just checking since, again, I’ve been away from this thread a few days and scanning the comments it seems it’s just more of the same crap.

Am I wrong?
It's much of the same crap. But more of the connecting the dots from circumstantial evidence. Welcome back!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT