ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns

Could the NCAA use their weird "lack of instructional control" to make themselves feel important and get involved?

Note - the NBA didn't get involved with the Ime Udoka situation. Celtics handled it and that was it. This is the exact same situation.

There is no reason for the NCAA to get involved.
Other than they are a terrible organization and make the wrong decision pretty much every time.
They should punish Upsala College Dept of Athletics!!! Just like they do to the big boys!!! And that will keep Upsala from usurping Rutgers football! 😵

Reactions: NickRU714
How do you know how old this person is?

It's an amazing talent some seem to have on here.

Same with regard to complexion and gender.
Very true. I am guilty of that as well in that I tend to assume most posters are guys, which may not be the case. I am, however, a middle-age fart. I own that.

• Wow
Reactions: MADHAT1
Very true. I am guilty of that as well in that I tend to assume most posters are guys, which may not be the case. I am, however, a middle-age fart. I own that.
So now we know that about you. Thank you for sharing, stinky. LOL

But for the most part, none of us really know about the other.

Reactions: RUPete
Actually, it’s your post that’s lazy. There’s not a shred of evidence of a pay for sex scandal that would trigger an NCAA investigation. Not one reporter suggested anything like this - not even Politi. Politi’s simply saying Holloway shouldn’t have allowed Hobbs to claim medical issues as the stated reason for his resignation and should “come clean” on having tried to hide the real reason. He’s out of line in my view, because he’s basically taking a 180 - before he was saying RU went out of its way NOT to accknowledge the health concerns (which I still agree with - it was blatantly obvious despite a host of our fans on here trying to rationalize otherwise). As such, it seems to me we didn’t make an effort to hide anything - we just didn’t (and still may not) have tangible details to release to the public yet and so we basically chose to say nothing or as little as possible about his departure - knowing details would follow in time. When asked point blank if any investigation was being conducted - we answered affirmatively.

Also - let’s say it’s found he was having an affair. Perhaps he recommended generous raises for the coach he was sleeping with that the administration went along with. Okay - so we paid a coach more than she deserved. That’s Rutgers problem, isn’t it? Sleeping with a coach wasn’t allowed per his contract. He resigned before he could be fired. As said - the hindsight perception of COI is unavoidable but I’d bet my morgage and then some that a business reason for the raises was properly documented at the time. So again - Rutgers problem. Where is the NCAA coming in? This doesn’t involve them.
K,

I won’t be the one to tell you I told you so

What bible verse is this from?
I told you I am not religious, but I do know a quote. Thank you for asking. Let me know if you have any other requests from the Bible (it's capitalized, but Jesus forgives you).

From now on in this thread, I will quote the Bible.
Luke+13-34+As+A+Hen+Gathers+Her+Brood+Under+Her+Wing+beige.webp

• Haha
K,

I won’t be the one to tell you I told you so

Dude - your really spreading nonsense now.

Her bio explains the paper reasons for her salary increases.

Performance is subjective and whether Hobbs was the one who planted the narrative for her accomplishments listed in her bio they aren’t made up and RU published them as accolades to her tenure. And she did a great job at Temple before, no? (I know nothing about women’s gymnastics but there’s certainly enough positive stuff in this bio which is out there for the public.

Your making something out of nothing here. What Hobbs did isn’t nothing from a personal moral perspective but for Rutgers part all it does is plant questions towards his motives on certain decisions he made at RU which is why he had to go. I’m still missing where you are getting that there is more here.

With an 0-20 record it certainly wasn’t a ‘performance bonus’… or maybe it was😉
Pretty sure nobody actually has proven anything untoward happened w/Hobbs. So these threads about it, and the articles about it, are nothing more than a steaming pile of speculatory dogshit.

But y'all have fun exciting yourselves about it.

Pretty sure nobody actually has proven anything untoward happened w/Hobbs. So these threads about it, and the articles about it, are nothing more than a steaming pile of speculatory dogshit.

But y'all have fun exciting yourselves about it.

I mean I’m with you on Hobbs not having been proven to have done something wrong - and perhaps in the end he still won’t.

But it’s now confirmed that Hobbs was under investigation by Rutgers at the time when he resigned. Are you suggesting it’s still possible that he coincidentally resigned for acute medical reasons and it truly had nothing at all to do with the investigation?

With an 0-20 record it certainly wasn’t a ‘performance bonus’… or maybe it was😉

I've seen this sentiment posted a bunch so I decided to do a little digging. Not hard to do since Rutgers does a good job of putting its athletic teams records online. Here is what I learned:

1. Big Ten Women's gymnastics is a lot like Big Ten wrestling. 10 Big Ten schools compete in NCAA Women's gymnastics and 7 Big Ten teams were ranked in the Top 25 in 2024. As an example, Penn State went 4-6, finished seventh in conference and were ranked #22 in the country.
  2. Looking back at Rutgers history in NCAA Women's gymnastics is, to put it kindly, really bad.
  3. Most importantly it appears that Rutgers Women's gymnastics ten highest gymnastics meet scores EVER occurred in either '23 or '24.

I know nothing other than the rumors floated on this site regarding Hobbs and the HC. But it does appear those citing this particular 0-20 statistic are doing so either knowing they are not painting the complete picture or are ignorant of what appears to be real improvement in the program. I don't follow Women's gymnastics at all but in my 20 minutes of research it appears we went from dreadful/non-competitive to (much) better than that under this HC.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2024/3/17/gymnastics-puts-up-2nd-best-score-in-team-history.aspx

https://scarletknights.com/documents/2024/1/2/2024_gymnastics_record_book_.pdf

Last edited:
I've seen this sentiment posted a bunch so I decided to do a little digging. Not hard to do since Rutgers does a good job of putting its athletic teams records online. Here is what I learned:

1. Big Ten Women's gymnastics is a lot like Big Ten wrestling. 10 Big Ten schools compete in NCAA Women's gymnastics and 7 Big Ten teams were ranked in the Top 25 in 2024. As an example, Penn State went 4-6, finished seventh in conference and were ranked #22 in the country.
  2. Looking back at Rutgers history in NCAA Women's gymnastics is, to put it kindly, really bad.
  3. Most importantly it appears that Rutgers Women's gymnastics ten highest meet scores EVER occurred in either '23 or '24.

I know nothing other than the rumors floated on this site regarding Hobbs and the HC. But it does appear those citing this particular 0-20 statistic are doing so either knowing they are not painting the complete picture or are ignorant of what appears to be real improvement in the program. I don't follow Women's gymnastics at all but in my 20 minutes of research it appears we went from dreadful/non-competivie to (much) better than that under this HC.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2024/3/17/gymnastics-puts-up-2nd-best-score-in-team-history.aspx

thank you for explaining the volleyball record vs performance proving the program wasn't as bad as made out to be and coach's pay might have been justified

Reactions: thegock
I mean I’m with you on Hobbs not having been proven to have done something wrong - and perhaps in the end he still won’t.

But it’s now confirmed that Hobbs was under investigation by Rutgers at the time when he resigned. Are you suggesting it’s still possible that he coincidentally resigned for acute medical reasons and it truly had nothing at all to do with the investigation?
Whatever did or didn't happen with Hobbs doesn't affect my life in any way and even if it did there's nothing I can do about it. So I don't need to know and thus haven't wasted my time wondering about it. I was surprised to see his resignation but my only subsequent thought about him since then has been: best of luck to him.

I also won't waste my time reading anything the media publishes about it because the media cannot be trusted to be accurate or objective these days. The media can only be trusted to act in it's own self-interest.

If Rutgers puts out a public statement with anything new in it, I might read that. But since it almost certainly won't affect me, there's a better than even chance I'll skip it.

I have zero need to know here.

3. Most importantly it appears that Rutgers Women's gymnastics ten highest gymnastics meet scores EVER occurred in either '23 or '24.

I know nothing other than the rumors floated on this site regarding Hobbs and the HC. But it does appear those citing this particular 0-20 statistic are doing so either knowing they are not painting the complete picture or are ignorant of what appears to be real improvement in the program. I don't follow Women's gymnastics at all but in my 20 minutes of research it appears we went from dreadful/non-competitive to (much) better than that under this HC.

Excellent work. Facts destroy narratives and false framing all the time. Seems like a lot of dullards just swallowed the bait, while those waiting for facts are swimming upstream.

NJ.com investigative reporter team responds to those facts:

45629b1f-fc20-4ad4-8aae-bf74ce18e85b_text.gif

181b6f26-0df4-4323-b168-8a944791c9c1_text.gif

b0055681-46a4-46ad-b339-0590f97328d0_text.gif

Reactions: Leonard23
Excellent work. Facts destroy narratives and false framing all the time. Seems like a lot of dullards just swallowed the bait, while those waiting for facts are swimming upstream.

NJ.com investigative reporter team responds to those facts:

45629b1f-fc20-4ad4-8aae-bf74ce18e85b_text.gif

181b6f26-0df4-4323-b168-8a944791c9c1_text.gif

b0055681-46a4-46ad-b339-0590f97328d0_text.gif

If Pat Hobbs says he retired for health reasons, even when anyone with 2 brain cells can deduce the explanation makes zero sense, that would still be a fact, right? Because he said it, so it’s a fact?

Thank you for posting this. It’s consistent with the way her bio is spun which is posted for the public directly by Rutgers. It does indeed appear that the program improved under her tenure, or at absolute minimum, a critique of her success at Rutgers could be reasonably debated to be positive to date. Once again, it doesn’t appear Rutgers administration did anything wrong here based on the information available to this point.

Whatever did or didn't happen with Hobbs doesn't affect my life in any way and even if it did there's nothing I can do about it. So I don't need to know and thus haven't wasted my time wondering about it. I was surprised to see his resignation but my only subsequent thought about him since then has been: best of luck to him.

I also won't waste my time reading anything the media publishes about it because the media cannot be trusted to be accurate or objective these days. The media can only be trusted to act in it's own self-interest.

If Rutgers puts out a public statement with anything new in it, I might read that. But since it almost certainly won't affect me, there's a better than even chance I'll skip it.

I have zero need to know here.

I mean, if your not even sure you would bother reading a public statement from Rutgers on this topic, why the heck do you continue reading this thread let alone posting on it? I’m not trying to be obnoxious - I’m just seriously unsure what type of discussion you’d expect to find on a thread titled Hobb’s abrupt resignation other than the very things that you say you don’t care to know about.

I mean, if your not even sure you would bother reading a public statement from Rutgers on this topic, why the heck do you continue reading this thread let alone posting on it? I’m not trying to be obnoxious - I’m just seriously unsure what type of discussion you’d expect to find on a thread titled Hobb’s abrupt resignation other than the very things that you say you don’t care to know about.
I keep checking in because I'm morbidly fascinated by how there can be twenty-nine pages of "discussion" about the one meaningful fact we actually know which can be expressed in two words: Hobbs resigned. And even that sole meaningful fact has no real effect on anybody in the thread. Everything else is speculation or accusation.

From my perspective, this thread is a never-ending sociology experiment in human obsessiveness. Is it a cumulative effect of too much reality-TV? All that drama enabled by prying into other people's lives?

Anyway...

If Pat Hobbs says he retired for health reasons, even when anyone with 2 brain cells can deduce the explanation makes zero sense, that would still be a fact, right? Because he said it, so it’s a fact?
We are talking about two different things.

I was talking about fans pushing the narrative that the only reason the coach received such generous raises was for a nefarious and improper reason based on her W-L record. That only reason narrative was dismantled by the post above.

We may never know if one of the reasons Pat resigned was due to a health issues. I said one, not the only. At worst, the health issue was not true and there was another reason, which is the alleged relationship. If so, he violated a HR rule. He took his penalty. End of story.

We may never know if there was an actual relationship. Maybe there was a health issue, a facing an internal investigation, he decided to throw in the towel and resign. I don't really care. He resigned, and he is gone.

I will refrain from quoting the Bible because I am currently listening to Slayer.

I keep checking in because I'm morbidly fascinated by how there can be twenty-nine pages of "discussion" about the one meaningful fact we actually know which can be expressed in two words: Hobbs resigned. And even that sole meaningful fact has no real effect on anybody in the thread. Everything else is speculation or accusation.

From my perspective, this thread is a never-ending sociology experiment in human obsessiveness. Is it a cumulative effect of too much reality-TV? All that drama enabled by prying into other people's lives?

Anyway...

You don’t think it’s meaningful in any way whatsoever that Rutgers is, and has been, investigating him? You think it should’ve been hidden and ended at the resignation for health reasons and allowed to be framed forever in a way that the Rutgers faithful thought he was fighting for his life? I agree with a lot of what your saying - there are some extreme predictions here from Yessir and the like. But Hobbs was a prominent public figure and you can’t expect lying about a medical situation to sit well with everyone even if your ok with him using it as an excuse and accepting it at face value. Yes - he might (probably) actually does have a medical issue. But we all know now its not the reason why he resigned. Folks have a right to want to know that.

We are talking about two different things.

I was talking about fans pushing the narrative that the only reason the coach received such generous raises was for a nefarious and improper reason based on her W-L record. That only reason narrative was dismantled by the post above.

We may never know if one of the reasons Pat resigned was due to a health issues. I said one, not the only. At worst, the health issue was not true and there was another reason, which is the alleged relationship. If so, he violated a HR rule. He took his penalty. End of story.

We may never know if there was an actual relationship. Maybe there was a health issue, a facing an internal investigation, he decided to throw in the towel and resign. I don't really care. He resigned, and he is gone.

I will refrain from quoting the Bible because I am currently listening to Slayer.

Yes - absolutely. He very well might (and probably does have some kind of heart condition). I don’t think he’d have been so specific in his statement if not. That said - he would not have left in the manner he did if not for the internal investigation.

The internal investigation and the announcement are important now because they demonstrate to the public (or at least we hope they will) Rutgers following their own rules cleanly and crisply. As long as there were no direct pay offs by Hobbs to anyone on the ethics committee or others who had any power with respect to decisions pertaining to the coach he’s accused of having relations with, this ends with - Hobbs either did or did not break the rules with an inappropriate relationship forbidden by his contract. Thats it.

Hobbs' behavior is certainly scandalous but it doesn't negatively impact upon Rutgers either as a University or its sports' programs. It is more of a specific incidence of bad behavior by its Athletic Director. I wouldn't worry about it.

You don’t think it’s meaningful in any way whatsoever that Rutgers is, and has been, investigating him? You think it should’ve been hidden and ended at the resignation for health reasons and allowed to be framed forever in a way that the Rutgers faithful thought he was fighting for his life? I agree with a lot of what your saying - there are some extreme predictions here from Yessir and the like. But Hobbs was a prominent public figure and you can’t expect lying about a medical situation to sit well with everyone even if your ok with him using it as an excuse and accepting it at face value. Yes - he might (probably) actually does have a medical issue. But we all know now its not the reason why he resigned. Folks have a right to want to know that.
No, I don't think it's meaningful to us. To be meaningful, it would have to be something that materially impacts us (us forum members) in some way. I'm not seeing any material impact, or potential for material impact, on any of us here in the forum.

What will you do with any information you learn about Hobb's resignation? How will it materially impact your life?

I think people want to know for purely voyeuristic reasons. But they don't need to know 'cause it has no impact on them or their lives.

This thread is nothing more than voyeurism.

No, I don't think it's meaningful to us. To be meaningful, it would have to be something that materially impacts us (us forum members) in some way. I'm not seeing any material impact, or potential for material impact, on any of us here in the forum.

What will you do with any information you learn about Hobb's resignation? How will it materially impact your life?

I think people want to know for purely voyeuristic reasons. But they don't need to know 'cause it has no impact on them or their lives.

This thread is nothing more than voyeurism.

For the avoidance of doubt, there isn’t a single post on this forum you or anyone else could point to that materially impacts any poster on this forum’s personal life.

What makes every other post appropriate then and not this topic? Your not making sense. AD is a big role at a university. If Hobbs had to resign because of some dire medical problem many fans would be concerned for his wearabouts and want to know how he’s doing. Thats a normal reaction. Alternatively - if that’s actually not the case, they want to know that too rather than not and think Hobbs is dying. It’s fine if your personally indifferent but it’s not unreasonable for an average RU fan to want high level clarification of why the AD abruptly up and left.

For the avoidance of doubt, there isn’t a single post on this forum you or anyone else could point to that materially impacts any poster on this forum’s personal life.

What makes every other post appropriate then and not this topic? Your not making sense. AD is a big role at a university. If Hobbs had to resign because of some dire medical problem many fans would be concerned for his wearabouts and want to know how he’s doing. Thats a normal reaction. Alternatively - if that’s actually not the case, they want to know that too rather than not and think Hobbs is dying. It’s fine if your personally indifferent but it’s not unreasonable for an average RU fan to want high level clarification of why the AD abruptly up and left.
I'm making perfect sense.

The difference between discussions or debates about football or basketball or other college sports, or the many off-topic threads that discuss all kinds of stuff people find interesting, and this thread is that ITT people are prying into someone's private life. And the BS excuse people give is that it's okay to do because it's a public figure and so it's important.

But it's not important. That's total BS. Hobb's isn't a politician preaching family values or a person who spent time publicly prying into others' private lives. There's no hypocrisy to expose. There's no reason for anybody to know anything about Hobb's personal life. None.

It doesn't matter why he resigned. It doesn't matter if he lied, people lie ALL THE TIME.

His medical condition is none of our business. His sex life is none of our business. His behavior, outside of his job performance, might be our business if he was doing something illegal. If he did something unethical, then that's the school's business. If he did something immoral, then that's his church's business, if he has one.

People these days contrive all kinds of weak rationalizations for wanting to pry into other people's lives. It's a very popular thing to do. But unless there's a material interest, (e.g. Elon Musk reportedly doing lots of drugs which might explain his bizarre behavior, something that materially affects shareholders, like me), and nobody has demonstrated such material interest in this situation, then in my opinion, it's both immoral and unethical for us to being prying the way we are doing.

And even with Musk, if he resigned, then my interest and concern with his behavior would evaporate instantly. I wouldn't GAF about the details behind it. The problem would have resolved itself and I'd no longer have any material interest.

This thread is pure voyeurism. People deriving enjoyment from someone else's personal life. That's all it is.

That article posted is very interesting. I guess it would be like giving GS 1.0 raises between 2001-2004 even though it would look like he should have fired…
The problem is- even if she was improving the program, the complaints that were dismissed by leadership.

That article posted is very interesting. I guess it would be like giving GS 1.0 raises between 2001-2004 even though it would look like he should have fired…
The problem is- even if she was improving the program, the complaints that were dismissed by leadership.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s that unusual to have complaints like that about the coach. There are no allegations of physical abuse. Mental abuse is a really difficult thing to prove (I’m not saying it’s not a real thing). There’s an extremely fine line between mental abuse and simply being a poor fit with the coaching style. So the problem isn’t necessarily the dismissal of the complaints as the latter, it’s that if the AD was having an inappropriate relationship with the coach, that would make his view on this matter inherently biased. In the aftermath, it’s impossible to know if that same conclusion would have been drawn if that relationship did not exist. Thats why this situation will be an internal mess. Some money may well be handed out to the stendent athletes who filed those complaints whether or not the coach actually mistreated them.

I'm making perfect sense.

The difference between discussions or debates about football or basketball or other college sports, or the many off-topic threads that discuss all kinds of stuff people find interesting, and this thread is that ITT people are prying into someone's private life. And the BS excuse people give is that it's okay to do because it's a public figure and so it's important.

But it's not important. That's total BS. Hobb's isn't a politician preaching family values or a person who spent time publicly prying into others' private lives. There's no hypocrisy to expose. There's no reason for anybody to know anything about Hobb's personal life. None.

It doesn't matter why he resigned. It doesn't matter if he lied, people lie ALL THE TIME.

His medical condition is none of our business. His sex life is none of our business. His behavior, outside of his job performance, might be our business if he was doing something illegal. If he did something unethical, then that's the school's business. If he did something immoral, then that's his church's business, if he has one.

People these days contrive all kinds of weak rationalizations for wanting to pry into other people's lives. It's a very popular thing to do. But unless there's a material interest, (e.g. Elon Musk reportedly doing lots of drugs which might explain his bizarre behavior, something that materially affects shareholders, like me), and nobody has demonstrated such material interest in this situation, then in my opinion, it's both immoral and unethical for us to being prying the way we are doing.

And even with Musk, if he resigned, then my interest and concern with his behavior would evaporate instantly. I wouldn't GAF about the details behind it. The problem would have resolved itself and I'd no longer have any material interest.

This thread is pure voyeurism. People deriving enjoyment from someone else's personal life. That's all it is.

Nobody enjoys this. The topic is and has been discussed mostly because fans have been worried about the perception this whole thing could have on the university.

Most of us feel a lot better now that enough information is out there to feel pretty good about how Rutgers handled things optically. That is the only thing I ever cared about. I don’t give a damn how good or bad Hobbs looks in the end as long as Rutgers handled the situation the right way. Outside of the latest Politi article which alluded (completely unfounded) to possible implication of Holloway in this thing - every other article out there presented news airmed at getting to the bottom of things. Whether you like it or not, there was never a possibility of this remaining entirely a private matter for Hobbs. When your AD at a public university, there will eventually be transparency into an investigation of your behavior that leads to your resignation. Thats just reality.

Pat has a history of keeping coaches. See the old women's basketball coach for starters. She's not the only one.

Reactions: Fat Koko
Nobody enjoys this. The topic is and has been discussed mostly because fans have been worried about the perception this whole thing could have on the university.

Most of us feel a lot better now that enough information is out there to feel pretty good about how Rutgers handled things optically. That is the only thing I ever cared about. I don’t give a damn how good or bad Hobbs looks in the end as long as Rutgers handled the situation the right way. Outside of the latest Politi article which alluded (completely unfounded) to possible implication of Holloway in this thing - every other article out there presented news airmed at getting to the bottom of things. Whether you like it or not, there was never a possibility of this remaining entirely a private matter for Hobbs. When your AD at a public university, there will eventually be transparency into an investigation of your behavior that leads to your resignation. Thats just reality.
Twenty-nine pages of people not enjoying themselves? Hm...

The media sensationalizes everything and pries into everything because they know that's what the public wants these days. But it wasn't always like this.

I'd like to see us (the readers and viewers and consumers of the media) push back against that media. I'd like to get them back to dry factual and comprehensive reporting of consequential information that we need to know, while discarding all the crap we just want to know. Get them to stop editorializing the news. Get them to stop fueling faux scandals. At least all the big networks (e.g. FOX and CNN and MSNBC, etc.).

If I were in the media, I'd print a hyperbolized story about how I'm "waging war" on the media's desire to put on a never-ending overly dramatic reality-TV episode, rather than just reporting the news.

I'm not holding my breath. 🙂

Twenty-nine pages of people not enjoying themselves? Hm...

The media sensationalizes everything and pries into everything because they know that's what the public wants these days. But it wasn't always like this.

I'd like to see us (the readers and viewers and consumers of the media) push back against that media. I'd like to get them back to dry factual and comprehensive reporting of consequential information that we need to know, while discarding all the crap we just want to know. Get them to stop editorializing the news. Get them to stop fueling faux scandals. At least all the big networks (e.g. FOX and CNN and MSNBC, etc.).

If I were in the media, I'd print a hyperbolized story about how I'm "waging war" on the media's desire to put on a never-ending overly dramatic reality-TV episode, rather than just reporting the news.

I'm not holding my breath. 🙂

Yet more than half of the posts were from fans like you who were complaining about the discussion that was actually relevant to the thread title. From the time I stopped posting until new info popped up with the confirmation from RU of the investigation there were at least 6 pages worth more posts doing exactly this. The speculation about what the story “could be” had stopped completely but the complaints kept flowing.

I’ve been extremely consistent about why I cared about this all along and it certainly has nothing to do with enjoying anything about the story or speculation. It was obvious to me by Rutgers reaction to the news, that there was more to the story than a health related resignation. I wasn’t alone in my concern about what the real story might be - not because I’m nosy because I knew it would eventually come out and I was worried about how it would impact RU. I suspect that most fans who participated in this thread, regardless of their opinion on the subject itself shared my motivation and didn’t simply enjoy gossiping about Hobbs as you seem to be implying. This is a forum of RU fans. Everyone is thinking about this in terms of the possible impact it could have on RU.

Such a lazy insult.

Old farts see someone who disagrees with them on how something is perceived.

Say whatever you need
your problem "bruh"- didn't want to sound like an old fart lol

you didnt just give an opinion...you just kept repeating and repeating the same thing over and over like you want it to be true.

It came as an agenda from you rather than a discussion...and "old farts" can read through that shit.

It is like when you younger guys want us to think you are just being friendly when you use bro and bruh

your problem "bruh"- didn't want to sound like an old fart lol

you didnt just give an opinion...you just kept repeating and repeating the same thing over and over like you want it to be true.

It came as an agenda from you rather than a discussion...and "old farts" can read through that shit.

It is like when you younger guys want us to think you are just being friendly when you use bro and bruh

The irony is, it doesn’t matter how he or anyone perceives what may have happened. There is zero chance that Hobbs ever had sole authority to bump anyone’s salary for any reason - good or bad. A glowing bio of the gymnastics coach remains up on RU website which provides more than ample evidence of reasonable business purpose for any favorable decisions the university made towards her during Hobbs tenure. Meaning - it’s highly likely that nobody else knew if Hobbs was in fact putting in a good word for her for personal reasons that weren’t aligned with RU best interests. And even if he was, proving it would be impossible since everyone else went along with whatever rationale was given.

Bottom line - unless new information surfaces that is far worse than the inappropriate relationship being investigated, this will eventually fade in the background of local news. Hobbs broke the rules of his contract. He’s gone. End of story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT