ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball defeats Bryant

Good to get the W. We have a month to figure this thing out. Jury is out on what we will be until Mag is in there, too.

Reactions: RUkhoury
Huge free throw discrepancy. Rutgers more aggressive and athletic or refs home cooking?

Simpson was huge at the line today. Made some bad passes but that was big especially when the FTs were so dreadful in the first half.

#24 was the best player on the court most of the game. Very impressive. I was pretty sure this senior laden team would give us fits.

Reactions: RUbbFannn
Man- I made the mistake of reading this thread before going to ESPN to see the score. I seriously thought we were being blown out or lost.

People need to chill out and understand that we have a lot of moving parts and there will be growing pains.

Man- I made the mistake of reading this thread before going to ESPN to see the score. I seriously thought we were being blown out or lost.

People need to chill out and understand that we have a lot of moving parts and there will be growing pains.
You think people are going to be chill down to Bryant second half? The fans there got behind them which is all that matters. This is a messageboard sir.

You think people are going to be chill down to Bryant second half? The fans there got behind them which is all that matters. This is a messageboard sir.
No shit. I just think a little perspective is in order and I thought it necessary to point out how it read to a fellow fan who was not watching.

Let's go with a RutgersAl-ism. This year is free. Next year, we'll have offense.
Next year? Harper won't be coming here after he sees pikes inept offense and bailey won't be able to carry the team by himself. More of the same but with more highly rated players unless Pike revamps the offense.

Take the win and be very happy.The woeful shooting could have easily resulted in a Lafayette type loss.The Rutgers guards simply can't make a layup and the 3 point shooting was abysmal.The game was won on the foul line with Simpson and Hyatt making the shots in the last minutes of the game.

I'm looking at a top six of Cliff, Antoine, Aundre, Gavin, Derrek, Noah. Oskar for 12-15 mins. Not as impressed by JMike as others, net year may be his year.

the "bloom is off on Pike" was the funniest comment. The guy just signed one of the top recruiting classes in the country!

Next year? Harper won't be coming here after he sees pikes inept offense and bailey won't be able to carry the team by himself. More of the same but with more highly rated players unless Pike revamps the offense.
I’m not worried about that. Next year Dylan and Ace will say “Coach, we got this, just worry about the defense”

the "bloom is off on Pike" was the funniest comment. The guy just signed one of the top recruiting classes in the country!
thats mine and I stick with it.....i dont care about next year or recruiting for next year...I care about the shaky recruiting the past 2-3 years besides Gavin and his inability to have his team on some sort of page for crappy competition

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
thats mine and I stick with it.....i dont care about next year or recruiting for next year...I care about the shaky recruiting the past 2-3 years besides Gavin and his inability to have his team on some sort of page for crappy competition
Everyone should have expect a slow start to the season so I’m not too concerned with the play even though it has been BAD. I would agree the lack of talent is concerning but Pike also thought he would have Cam and Paul on this team so I’m not going o kill him for that. This is most likely going to be a down year but the talent issue gets fixed very quickly next year.

Reactions: knight82
Yes a new season with several missing parts. We are missing Mawot Mag and 3 others who were very experienced. We will see a number of things which are part of this seasons growing pains it was not unexpected. Gavin still learning the colllege game he will be fine. Fernandes doesn’t have a spot as of yet. I can’t actually believe many here did not think Pikiell would need a month to begin the transition into a cohesive club. We have gotten spoiled the past 3 years.

Does Fernandes bring anything positive to the court? I watched today to see if he did, well, anything. I guess his D was ok.

Reactions: RAC93
Good point. No highly rated player would ever come unless we were an offensive powerhouse the year prior. Our, um, offensive explosion last year is why Bailey signed.

God some of you guys are ****ing stupid.

Does Fernandes bring anything positive to the court? I watched today to see if he did, well, anything. I guess his D was ok.

There were a few today……but only a few. He hit an early three to start the game and drew a nice charge on D……I may be short changing him but that’s all I can come up with……previous two games he didn’t even less than today.

Reactions: bac2therac
Good point. No highly rated player would ever come unless we were an offensive powerhouse the year prior. Our, um, offensive explosion last year is why Bailey signed.

God some of you guys are ****ing stupid.
No, Harper is on record saying that he wants to see Pike's offensive system before deciding.

They just knocked off the #10 team in the country on the road. I think it's safe to say they don't suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT