ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball snaps three game losing, defeating Michigan 69-59

Jeremiah doing it all. Major impact -- impressive after haven't played in over a year. Now reinsert Austin Williams - cut some of Jmikes playing time. And we have a real rotation

I didnt watch the game, but looking at the box score ... I'm glad to see we continue to shoot three pointers despite them being COMPLETELY WASTED POSSESSIONS.

Oh god not another guy who thinks we shouldn’t take threes.
That's exactly what I think. I also think we shouldn't take shots from half court, either - for exactly the same reason (they don't go in the basket when we shoot them). And we shouldn't shoot left handed ... or with our eyes closed ... or from behind the basket, either.

If you know when you are shooting the ball that it is not going to go in the basket, you shouldn't be taking that shot.

Free throws - 76% today. Made layups. Derek hit open jumpers. We do that with our D and we are in most games.

JWill gave us more than we could have hoped for - instantly our best guard. Ogbole getting all of Wolf’s minutes clearly show how out of position Wolf was - not that he has a position. Seems he might be a portal guy. Had real high hopes for him. Thought he could be a stronger Eugene O. Glad Oskar got to play in front of his family last game - w two more healthy bodies, he might not play meaningful minutes again - and that’s good sign.

I would be livid if I was a Michigan fan

they just gave no effort

Don’t get me wrong we played well down stretch but Michigan was friggin sleep walking

Last edited:
Reactions: fatsam98
Michigan scored 20 after halftime. How many of Simpson’s 19 came after halftime ?

Good win today RU took care of Michigan and might just prove better then it looked before with JWill playing now.

Reactions: biazza38
Reading this entire game thread is shear enjoyment.

GO RU
Because it cut down on the bad feelings after the came?

Because RU looked sharp in the second half?

Because things got hairy in the first half but we managed to win?

Because the difference between winning and losing can be razor thin sometimes, but not tonight?

😁

Because it cut down on the bad feelings after the came?

Because RU looked sharp in the second half?

Because things got hairy in the first half but we managed to win?

Because the difference between winning and losing can be razor thin sometimes, but not tonight?

😁
Because fans are fanatical.

GO RU

What in the world are you talking about?
You responded to a post I made, at halftime (5:01PM), @ 10:01PM last night? So you literally perused through a 17-page thread to pick out the ONE comment I made the entire game and respond to it? Ignorantly so, at that (it's VERY obvious you didn't watch the game based on your comment....)???

This is EXACTLY why nobody likes you, nobody wants you here, and you have blown through nearly 200 monikers in about 2 years. Seek help. Seriously.

Reactions: motorb54
Man there is some ignorant "gold" in this thread, lol! These threads, all sports, could provide Encylopedia Brittanica volumes of idiocy/foot-in-mouth/ignorant crap lol!! Such a better read the day after lolol!!!

(yes, I completely include myself in in this from time-to-time, all good!)

Man there is some ignorant "gold" in this thread, lol! These threads, all sports, could provide Encylopedia Brittanica volumes of idiocy/foot-in-mouth/ignorant crap lol!! Such a better read the day after lolol!!!

(yes, I completely include myself in in this from time-to-time, all good!)
Are other fan bases full of overreacting drama queens like ours is?

Hmm, no this is also a bad idea. But it’s probably a better idea than shooting zero threes.
Normally maybe but considering yesterday we only made 2 threes Id say it’s pretty safe to imagine we probably would’ve still won if we avoided them altogether.

Normally maybe but considering yesterday we only made 2 threes Id say it’s pretty safe to imagine we probably would’ve still won if we avoided them altogether.
If we were known to never attempt threes, would we have scored as many twos?

Rutgers is 3 for its last 30 three attempts.
10 for its last 60.
it's painful to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: Scangg
If we were known to never attempt threes, would we have scored as many twos?

With this team - maybe… We’re so bad from 3 that the typical need to respect the perimeter isn’t really there anyway. Our guys routinely get open looks from the outside - they just miss them.

Purely at statistical face value this team is hitting 43.9% of its 2s. That’s dreadful - but then we’re only hitting 28% of our 3s which is even worse. When you consider that two point shots generally result in a lot more foul calls that gave us scoring opportunities from the line not reflected in the 43.9% - yeah sadly it’s possible that with this team (and only this one), not shooting 3s at all would in the least, be a far better strategy than only shooting 3s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT