ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers beats Michigan State!

Want to give some attention to Mohamed Toure, who got little recognition but had a huge impact on the game in his limited snaps. Julius Turner was a beast too inside. Safety tackling needs to improve, but defense was beastly today!

Offense did a good job, oline was better than expected. Need to clean up some things, like touch on the ball and catching the ball, but wow. Day and night from last few years.

Reactions: JerseyVegas
Want to give some attention to Mohamed Toure, who got little recognition but had a huge impact on the game in his limited snaps. Julius Turner was a beast too inside. Safety tackling needs to improve, but defense was beastly today!

Offense did a good job, oline was better than expected. Need to clean up some things, like touch on the ball and catching the ball, but wow. Day and night from last few years.

This.
I was thinking Lumor would be our Sack Machine.
Turns out Toure is our Sack Beast !!!!!

I said it back when Hobbs was throwing up roadblocks ... the most important reason to hire Greg is that (of everyone available) he was the person most likely and best equipped to stop the bleeding. And this football program needed to stop the bleeding.

Well ... it took him one game. We're a real major college football program again.

For what it’s worth and ESPN/Sportscenter has taken its fair share of shots against us over the years ... that tweet from Sportcenter on us winning has over 10,000 likes already. The twitter haters will still be haters whether we win or lose, but it’s seems like a lot of people are happy for us finally

From the Wisconsin board. This says it all:

Ol Badger
36K3,63311

32 minutes ago#441
StuFeiner wrote:
3:13 PM - Today
Holy crap, Rutgers has fans.
Yes, they do. My own niece, for example.

Sorry to see Mel Tucker's debut get spoiled, but with all the turmoil in East Lansing it may be a while before he can right that ship. As for Rutgers, long ago I thought local-guy Greg Schiano was the perfect coach for that program. I mean, the guy looks like the New Jersey Football Coach from Central Casting, he's got great contacts among the high school coaches, and he understands the strengths and weaknesses of his environment. After the post-Schiano catastrophe that hit the program, he was able to leverage himself to get the University to commit the funds needed for the facility upgrades, staff salaries, and support services needed to compete in the B1G. That match was good the first time, and perhaps better this time after his NFL and OSU experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT