ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Classes Canceled Thursday Onward

Well once again you are wrong as the death rate for people 70-79 is 8% but I'll engage.

Yes we should absolutely develop a vaccine for this which is currently underway and no later than a year from now will be available to the public. Of the 27 total people in the country who have died from this 22 of them were over 80 years old with a pre-existing medical condition. So to me, yes we should monitor the situation and wash our hands a bit longer but really nothing else about any of our lives should change. Schools should not be shut down, businesses should not be suspended and people should carry on with their lives. I assure you that there are no short of 15 different labs currently working on a vaccine for this and there is no doubt that it will be available to the public by the early part of last year. I already outlined that under the current mortality rate that in a years time a little less than 200 total people will die in this country in a years time and 150 of them are over 80 years old... NO THAT DOES NOT MATTER IN A POPULATION OF 320 MILLION

Wanna revisit this? The official death toll in the U.S. is now exactly 200.

And nowhere close to 150 of them were over age 80.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Wanna revisit this? The official death toll in the U.S. is now exactly 200.

And nowhere close to 150 of them were over age 80.
Do I want to revist the fact that people are overreacting? No I don't. People are absolutely overreacting however that's the world we live in so so be it. What's pretty telling though is you seem so giddy to come and make a "Gotcha" post about people dying.... lol. Great character sir!

Do I want to revist the fact that people are overreacting? No I don't. People are absolutely overreacting however that's the world we live in so so be it. What's pretty telling though is you seem so giddy to come and make a "Gotcha" post about people dying.... lol. Great character sir!

You continue to be stupid.

Which was basically my point

Reactions: rubaseball78
I understand the impact of being a carrier I do, I also understand the fact that in 50 days a grand total of 27 people have died. I just have a different opinion on the matter that all. I do not believe it is what it's being hyped up to be. I do not believe it is enough of a threat that schools and businesses should be shut down the way they are. What's going on in Italy right now with business shut down is going to destroy their economy. I worry about that happening here. And yes, I do believe that the survival of economic health in the united states is more important than staying inside to prevent maybe another 300 deaths nationwide. My thoughts alone but my thoughts

Since this post, there has been an increase in deaths 62+ fold to date. If that were to continue at that rate, by mid April the nation would be at over 105,000 deaths. Does that "grand total" get your attention yet? You thought nationwide measures might save a total of 300 people? Total? Watch the death rate, the nation may be lucky to be under 300 deaths per/day in the very near future. They say hindsight is 20/20, in reference to your post it may very well be 0/0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT