ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Classes Canceled Thursday Onward

Actually, you're making yourself look foolish. No help from others needed.
Nice to see your burner account 4Real... Where exactly did I make myself look foolish? By stating the fact that people are completely overreacting to the coronavirus craze? What other point have a made on this thread?

Coronavirus death rate for college students in america is 0.0000000% I understand controlling the spread of disease but that can be said about the flu as well. We can't isolate ourselves as a society every time there's a new virus. What type of lesson are we teaching our future leaders by shutting down school for a virus that there is less of a chance of dying from than being killed in a car accident or even being struck by lightening?

Yeah, you're right. That "lightening" is real dangerous. Killed Michael Jackson.

If you can see my Signature you can see I have a limited role. More like the Clock opperator in the non-tix forum than a ref. However I do have the ability to call fouls and even toss people out of the game lol. My whistle is in hand, trust me. Checking with the Refs under the basket for a possible flagrant 1 (oops, this is the Football site so I should have choosen a more appropriate analogy. sorry).
Think it's more about an illegal man (yessir) down field, and RU4Real threw a completely legal chop block. No offsetting penalties. Yessir is ejected. :Sly:

Reactions: Kbee3
Vehicular death rate for college students in the US is .000068 deaths per year, and vehicular traffic serves a purpose on college campuses.

Coronavirus greatly affects older people and people with illnesses, much more so than the young and healthy. But the young and healthy can spread the disease just as easily as anyone else.

If we are cautious for a period of time, we can control this.
+1
Just like the flu, same dynamics and precautions. By the way, you are very, very old, so please be careful.

Nice to see your burner account 4Real... Where exactly did I make myself look foolish? By stating the fact that people are completely overreacting to the coronavirus craze? What other point have a made on this thread?

lol... @Kbee3 and I disagreed plenty over the years, as he'll readily tell you. Plus he's got 20 years on me. :)

You made lots of points in this thread. Most of them wrong.

If you're so on point, here, then answer me this - why doesn't anyone agree with you? (and @T2Kplus10 doesn't count, since he's basically just trolling)

Maybe to you boomer but for the rest of us no one cares about a typo. I never would agree to that bet however if you want to bet that more than 1,000 people will die in the united states this year from coronavirus you have a bet! (Let the record show that 1,000 deaths is NOTHING in the scale of things, you are just interested in arguing). What were you like around Y2K? Did you build a bunker? Tell me you built a bunker! What about in 2012 when the Mayan Calander ended... you thought it was the end of the world didn't you? You still have that stash of Sars masks in your glovebox if you ever drive by an airport? lolol old people are fun. OK really I'm done now, youur just so much fun to mess with! You actually think you know what you are talking about!:Laughing:Laughing:Laughing:Laughing
HA! HA! Y2K, forgot about that one. I think that was even before the Summer of the Shark silliness.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Coronavirus death rate for college students in america is 0.0000000% I understand controlling the spread of disease but that can be said about the flu as well. We can't isolate ourselves as a society every time there's a new virus. What type of lesson are we teaching our future leaders by shutting down school for a virus that there is less of a chance of dying from than being killed in a car accident or even being struck by lightening?
You could have said the same thing about AIDS at one point in time. And once again, you are ignoring the spread of the disease. And, schools are filled with kids whose immune systems are not strong. The notion that all is OK because you and yours appear to be safe is both short-sighted and selfish.

Reactions: ldwnmas and Jm0513
You could have said the same thing about AIDS at one point in time. And once again, you are ignoring the spread of the disease. And, schools are filled with kids whose immune systems are not strong. The notion that all is OK because you and yours appear to be safe is both short-sighted and selfish.

Shit... dude thinks I'm old, he probably refuses to believe you're even alive. :)

You got it made, down there. You could hunker down on that spread for a good, long time. And I know you've learned a couple things from us over the years.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
+1
Just like the flu, same dynamics and precautions. By the way, you are very, very old, so please be careful.
Except that coronavirus is far more deadly in those who contract it. And we have no method of immunization for it. Yeah, but other than those two critical factors, just the same.

BTW, still think the Earth isn't warming? We can put your opinions on this in the same basket of deplorableness.

If you're so on point, here, then answer me this - why doesn't anyone agree with you? (and @T2Kplus10 doesn't count, since he's basically just trolling)
source.gif

:)
But seriously, you know the hype is way, way out kicking the coverage on this.

Last edited:
Shit... dude thinks I'm old, he probably refuses to believe you're even alive. :)

You got it made, down there. You could hunker down on that spread for a good, long time. And I know you've learned a couple things from us over the years.
Just got half a butchered lamb last night from the farmer who runs his sheep on our place. Actually hadn't finished the last delivery! Had to resort to removing my "frosty mugs" from the freezer to get everything in!

source.gif

:)
But seriously, you know the hype is way, way out kicking the covering on this.

Media coverage is what it is.

But here's the thing.

What this is, here, is a perfect opportunity for every stakeholder entity on the planet to implement their contagion strategies under live-fire circumstances.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Except that coronavirus is far more deadly in those who contract it. And we have no method of immunization for it. Yeah, but other than those two critical factors, just the same.
Point #1 - no data to support this conclusion yet (you should know better than this). The numerator is well known because almost all dead people are tested, but the denominator is grossly underestimated since only those that are very sick are being tested and confirmed (a small and biased sample). Look at SK. They are doing the best job with testing and the fatality rate is plummeting (down to 0.6% and dropping).

Point #2 - true, this strain was not part of the flu vaccine this year. It will be soon.

Just got half a butchered lamb last night from the farmer who runs his sheep on our place. Actually hadn't finished the last delivery! Had to resort to removing my "frosty mugs" from the freezer to get everything in!

The advantage of being a whiskey drinker is I don't have to worry about frosty mugs. :)

It's not though, in CHINA, the worst affected area in the entire world for coronavirus 1 person under the age of 20 has died, 1. yes that's correct. 1 whole person. It's also the only documented death globally for anyone under the age of 20. So we must disagree here. I truly believe there is no risk whatsoever to any student at any level. To me cancelling school is simply an excuse to not go to class and you are teaching people bad habits. My opinion of course, I respect your's as well. We simply disagree

Media coverage is what it is.

But here's the thing.

What this is, here, is a perfect opportunity for every stakeholder entity on the planet to implement their contagion strategies under live-fire circumstances.
True. Test the strategies and hopefully we will see the crazy work itself out within a few weeks.

lol... @Kbee3 and I disagreed plenty over the years, as he'll readily tell you. Plus he's got 20 years on me. :)

You made lots of points in this thread. Most of them wrong.

Ummm, they do. Take a look at my first post and you will see more "likes" than any response you have posted.

Sorry for the OT but...
I made new friends..he liked my hair haha. Ok, back to the original discussion
mDq47R3.jpg

It's not though, in CHINA, the worst affected area in the entire world for coronavirus 1 person under the age of 20 has died, 1. yes that's correct. 1 whole person. It's also the only documented death globally for anyone under the age of 20. So we must disagree here. I truly believe there is no risk whatsoever to any student at any level. To me cancelling school is simply an excuse to not go to class and you are teaching people bad habits. My opinion of course, I respect your's as well. We simply disagree
You are only looking at it from the students standpoint. Have to include, teachers, cafeteria workers, janitors etc etc.... most of which will be over 20 years old

No, it won't. This isn't an influenza virus.
You do understand that the "Flu Shot" protects against more than simply influenza right? Ever gotten an MMR shot? (measles-mumps-rubella). dTap is another common combination vaccine. It's very plausible that next years flu shot will contain a coronavirus vaccine. Or you can simply buy a can of Lysol and take it everywhere with you as it is literally written on the back that it kills coronavirus

But college campuses are filled with people who are much older than the undergraduates. I've got over a dozen people on my faculty who are either over 60 or have compromised health situations. And I have over 100 students going out to schools doing student teaching. Even if a student has only a mild case of the virus, he/she could end up infecting dozens of others. That is the danger here. And it is, at this point, just danger, I agree. But it's a real danger.

Caving into the hysteria of the moment.
It's not hysteria. You can argue all you want about death rates. It's not about that. There is no argument that it's highly contagious. Kids may not die but they will get sick and spread the virus.

You are only looking at it from the students standpoint. Have to include, teachers, cafeteria workers, janitors etc etc.... most of which will be over 20 years old
I get it however the mortality rate of coronavirus does not start to seriously increase until 70+ and the biggest concern is the 80+ population.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Even folks in the 60-69 age braket only have a 3.4% mortality rate and that number drops below 1% for folks without a pre-existing condidition. So simply take extra precaution, make sure the over 60 crowd stay home from work/school if they are sick in any capacity (common cold, flu, etc) and everything will be fine

It's not hysteria. You can argue all you want about death rates. It's not about that. There is no argument that it's highly contagious. Kids may not die but they will get sick and spread the virus.
As I mentioned above, the media fueled hysteria (MSM and social) is way out of bounds for this virus. Completely over the top. I believe it will turn out to be nothing more than a bad case of the flu, but please note, this is still significant. A bad flu season kills 40-60k people in the US. Precautions should be taken and good common sense must be stressed (especially with the eldery). However, closing major universities is asinine.

I get it however the mortality rate of coronavirus does not start to seriously increase until 70+ and the biggest concern is the 80+ population.

Even folks in the 60-69 age braket only have a 3.4% mortality rate and that number drops below 1% for folks without a pre-existing condidition. So simply take extra precaution, make sure the over 60 crowd stay home from work/school if they are sick in any capacity (common cold, flu, etc) and everything will be fine
As previously stated in this thread I am a teacher. Not so easy to just tell teachers/professors stay home. Our school is running out of subs. Absolutely nothing wrong with airing on the side of caution

But college campuses are filled with people who are much older than the undergraduates. I've got over a dozen people on my faculty who are either over 60 or have compromised health situations. And I have over 100 students going out to schools doing student teaching. Even if a student has only a mild case of the virus, he/she could end up infecting dozens of others. That is the danger here. And it is, at this point, just danger, I agree. But it's a real danger.

Even the 60-69 age bracket has just a 3.4% mortality rate for coronavirus including all cases so even those with pre-existing medical conditions. I'm not disagreeing that we need to nip this in the bud as quickly as possible, it's the public freakout and now impact on the economy that has me all fired up. That is my gripe, you would think with the way some people are acting that a zombie apocalypse was occuring

As previously stated in this thread I am a teacher. Not so easy to just tell teachers/professors stay home. Our school is running out of subs. Absolutely nothing wrong with airing on the side of caution
See I disagree with you because I can guarantee that in another 2-4 years there will be a new virus or pandemic that people are freaking out over (SARS, Zika, Measles, Swine Flu, Bird Flu Yellow Flu, HIV, Y2K, Mayan Calander, etc) and we are setting a precedent now that every couple years when this happens lets just shut down schools and businesses for extended periods of time. The next "super virus" is coming in another 4 years at maximum. It always does every election cycle

You do understand that the "Flu Shot" protects against more than simply influenza right? Ever gotten an MMR shot? (measles-mumps-rubella). dTap is another common combination vaccine. It's very plausible that next years flu shot will contain a coronavirus vaccine. Or you can simply buy a can of Lysol and take it everywhere with you as it is literally written on the back that it kills coronavirus

The 2020 flu shot is quadrivalent, which means it contains components of 4 different influenza viruses.

The point here is that they're all influenza viruses. None of them are coronaviruses.

Whether you could produce an effective vaccine therapy that combines components of influenza and corona remains to be seen.

And it's "DipTet". Is in "Diptheria, Tetanus (and Whooping Cough)."

I know - another "typo", right?

BTW, still think the Earth isn't warming? We can put your opinions on this in the same basket of deplorableness.
We don't know at this point whether your bolded statement is true or not.

When people get the flu, there is pretty much no mistaking it, so the total number of cases is more known and the mortality rate is more statistically valid.

With Coronavirus, we know already that a lot of people get it and only experience mild symptoms similar to a regular cold, so many of those cases go unreported and are not added to the total. In addition, since some people experience only mild symptoms, they still haven't ruled out that some people may be asymptomatic even after exposure to the virus.

See I disagree with you because I can guarantee that in another 2-4 years there will be a new virus or pandemic that people are freaking out over (SARS, Zika, Measles, Swine Flu, Bird Flu Yellow Flu, HIV, Y2K, Mayan Calander, etc) and we are setting a precedent now that every couple years when this happens lets just shut down schools and businesses for extended periods of time. The next "super virus" is coming in another 4 years at maximum. It always does every election cycle
Couple of things. “Freaking out over HIV” whole different story then Mayan Calendar and Y2K. Freaking out as you call it led to more people getting tested, more funding and now better drugs so people are living longer.

Swine, Bird flu etc etc... never shut down schools and business like this virus is. Have to be smart and separate

Show me where I'm being stupid? For real show me something I said that was incorrect? I'll wait
"It is an absurd overreaction that's being fueled by a media that genuinely is trying to crash the economy to make Trump look bad."

"There is no doubt that it will be available to the public by the early part of last year."

"Nice to see your burner account 4Real."

And I really didn't have to look very hard.

Reactions: NotInRHouse

This post is why you're wrong and dumb. Dems and Reps are coming together to create fake diseases in other countries so maybe they spread here in the states? How does that work genius?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT