ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers falls to Maryland in round one of B1G Tournament

Embarassing!!! For those supporting Pike at every turn you better take a long hard look at what’s wrong with this team beyond just the players

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Pike should just put out all the scrubs and sit the starters down, as they're clearly not playing hard, with the 22-2 overall first/second half starts.

This team is an embarrassment to Rutgers University. Three months ago this season had so much promise, or so I thought.

At least we’re consistent. Can’t hit 3s, FTs, layups, open shots.

How do these guys scout kids?

Coach 1: “This guy has potential on defense but can’t hit the side of a barn”

Coach 2: “Perfect. Fits right in. Sign him up, fits right into our culture.”

Reactions: tm_nj and RU MAN
Hobbs is going to have a lot of pressure to fill up those luxury boxes he so desires. Call me crazy but I don't think this is effort or play is going to do it.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Can we just take everybody out of the game and just play 0 on 5? At least then we wouldn’t shoot as bad.

It’s a game the same as any other game. It’s Wednesday ffs

They were bad, then great!, then bad. So what
OMG.. that's such an insightful perspective.
You're certainly welcome to your opinion pal. But that just blows my mind.
I coached like 200 boys and girls rec games.. ( yeah folks laugh at that) from 8 to 18 and I would never ever treat any single game as not the next big game nor let the kids believe it wasn't.

Hobbs is going to have a lot of pressure to fill up those luxury boxes he wants. Call me crazy but I don't think this is effort or play is going to do it.
When you have a PG who is CLUELESS as to when/how to distribute, AND can't shoot to shave his live, NOTHING will work!

Last edited:
Reactions: RW90
This season was a horse that gets injured and needs to be shot to be put out of its misery….., needed to happen long ago, thank God it’s over……the more that enter the portal the merrier from this roster, so we get new guys in here

OMG.. that's such an insightful perspective.
You're certainly welcome to your opinion pal. But that just blows my mind.
I coached like 200 boys and girls rec games.. ( yeah folks laugh at that) from 8 to 18 and I would never ever treat any single game as not the next big game nor let the kids believe it wasn't.
What? We’re not talking about how to coach, we’re talking about reality. This isn’t a “big game”, it’s a game literally no one outside of Rutgers and Maryland fans gives a single **** about.

I'm afraid Rutgers might not even score 46 points which was their point total the last game against Maryland.

I’m dangerously to close to supporting an entire new roster next year. Even the guys I wanted stay haven’t play well most of the year.
BINGO! Let’s see what the portal has to offer as we know what many on this roster have to offer…..not much

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT