ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers football at NYCFC New Stadium?

Bamm Bamm Rubble

Hall of Famer
Oct 6, 2005
Rutgers better not let another team beat us to the punch like Notre Dame did at Yankee Stadium. We should be the first college football team to break the stadium in. Not Syracuse and not Notre Dame.

The New York City Football Club will pay roughly $780 million to build the stadium

Notre Dame played Army there in the 40s
I'm talking about the old and new Yankee stadium. I've suggested for Rutgers to play there for years and these guys on this board poo poo the idea. Charlie Weiss utters it for Notre Dame and it's golden SMH

Funny that we hear so many complaints about the Pinstripe Bowl and how Yankee Stadium sucks for football but we whine because ND played there before us?
No reason to play at the new place. None at all.
The only plus is with only 25,000 seats we probably honestly can say it’s a sell out

Funny that we hear so many complaints about the Pinstripe Bowl and how Yankee Stadium sucks for football but we whine because ND played there before us?
No reason to play at the new place. None at all.
The only plus is with only 25,000 seats we probably honestly can say it’s a sell out
We don't whine. One delusional guy is whining. Nobody else thinks it's a good idea. The games at Yankee Stadium from a fans perspective sucked! I'm sure the OP was never at the games at Yankees Stadium. His rant also comes a bit early. The chances that the stadium will actually get built is questionable at best. No approvals have even begun.

I say we get a hoops game on the stage of the PNC Arts center before someone beats us to the punch
That would actually be cool. Fun fact, while MSG was doing renovations, the NY LIberty of the WNBA played their home games on the stage at Radio City music hall

IMG_2064.JPG.846ac759ea26374fa9379c3a31d7b136.JPG

Reactions: ashokan and PSU_Nut
I cant think of any scenario where this makes sense. I would actually like to see something like WSOC & Mens Soccer game played on the same day vs Michigan or Penn State at Red Bull Arena.

This would be a great way to showcase both programs and might draw some media attention.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Are the parking lots still there?
Most of the property was turned over to Rutgers Camden for various athletics fields. Very little parking. I loved going to Riversharks games. It was a great place to watch a game but just 3 miles from the Phillies made it difficult to get crowds.

Reactions: tico brown
I cant think of any scenario where this makes sense. I would actually like to see something like WSOC & Mens Soccer game played on the same day vs Michigan or Penn State at Red Bull Arena.

This would be a great way to showcase both programs and might draw some media attention.
I wouldn't care about the opponent so much, might even prefer a non-conference match, but the soccer programs having a one time novelty match at RBA could be fun.

Reactions: fg7321
We should focus our $ and attention on our own stadium, filling it with fans and improving the fan experience, and, importantly, our program. We have a way to go.

Reactions: LotusAggressor
WOW

$780 million for a 25,000 fan stadium.

The Club Seating and Club Bars/Restaurants must really be plush.

Watching a football game in comfort unlike most college football stadiums.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Interesting. For those of you who didn’t read the article, No city/state money into this stadium except for infrastructure and NYCFC has to pay the $780 M and $4 M rent in their 49 year lease.

That’s one way to figure out what to do with the old chop shop area.

Most of the property was turned over to Rutgers Camden for various athletics fields. Very little parking. I loved going to Riversharks games. It was a great place to watch a game but just 3 miles from the Phillies made it difficult to get crowds.
Didn’t help that the Riversharks was only an Independent League team. Would’ve thrived as a Philly A or AA team with CBP being a 20 minute drive. But they have outstanding farm teams in their system.

Dear god, where do people get ideas like this?

I say we get a hoops game on the stage of the PNC Arts center before someone beats us to the punch

That's a brilliant idea! The OP should contact Hobbs about doing this immediately.

11gPyUO.jpg

Literally nobody cares that ND played the first game at new Yankee Stadium
(Did they even do this? I have no idea).

Same here...cheap tickets, could sit a couple of rows behind the dugout, reasonable prices on food and beer. Also got to see some pretty cool players on the tail end of their career (Ricky Henderson, Carols Baerga, Jose Lima).

It was such a beautiful stadium, was sad when they tore it down. I umpired a few games there, including a great bachelor party softball game (they rented it out, with kegs around the field and everything).

Reactions: WhiteBus
We don't whine. One delusional guy is whining. Nobody else thinks it's a good idea. The games at Yankee Stadium from a fans perspective sucked! I'm sure the OP was never at the games at Yankees Stadium. His rant also comes a bit early. The chances that the stadium will actually get built is questionable at best. No approvals have even begun.
it was already approved, did you read the article? Wow you still pretend to be a know it all. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT