ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football suffers ugly loss to No. 22 Iowa on Saturday

Iowa has 65 TE's that can get open & catch the ball and we dont have 1. We will never get 1 with Captain Kirk's O
They don’t need that much separation. They go after the ball. Our receivers ……..not so much.

Reactions: JRZEER
Iowa has 65 TE's that can get open & catch the ball and we dont have 1. We will never get 1 with Captain Kirk's O
Tough for TE to catch when they are not released into the patterns. And when they are they are never targeted. I tend to focus on TE’s and receivers at games. They are open when they’re able to run routes.

stop...

you understand the game is to win right? Gav isn't going to get us over the hump, that was evident early in the year. He's not a qb, he's an athlete masquerading as a qb. He's like Lucas only Lucas was far better

I don’t think we should be passing the ball. Period. You want to win the game against Iowa when you have a weak QB room, then you run the ball.

I don’t know why we didn’t run it with Gavin today, but we had no business trying to win through the air with Gavin or Simon.

You don’t pass the ball against Iowa unless you’re good at it or you want to lose. We don’t have a passer. Simon isn’t a runner.

There you have it.

• Haha
Reactions: njxchange
Seeing Gavin on the phone looks like he is being called to the principals office

Schedule gets easier with no more Big Ten East games.

We get to beat up on all those Big Ten West finally.
Like Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska....oh wait.
The B10 west is easier but our record vs it isn’t good and that’s also GS’ tenure as well.

PAC teams will be bringing offense, although UCLA has flipped this year with O and D, but one unknown is how the extra travel will affect them

Reactions: NickRU714
My take:
* A QB that is in year 3 of his development should be much further along than GW.
* With that in mind, our coaches do not put our players in the position to get the most from their skills. Been that way for a long time. That contributes to why some guys excel at NFL, as they are bright and so freaking thirsty for good coaching.
* We were spoiled by our last punter.
* Marco and LJ were our last TEs that actually looked like TEs. I’d take Rashod Kent over our current guys, but again, coaching plays a big role.
* Greg is a lovely man. He will NEVER ”coach” the team in a way that brings consistent winning.

Oh, and get off my lawn!

Reactions: bac2therac
Hey great Greg another meaningless TO. You helped OSU put 7 on the board with that stupidity

There were opportunities to run GW off reads but we didn’t…kept handing the ball off and the Iowa D barely had to work especially when they know GW can’t hit the side of a barn. GW is a running QB (or should be) yet we barely run him.

Reactions: RUChoppin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT