ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Hosting Long Beach State Transfer Jadon Jones

Yeah, I saw that one and laughed. Ron Harper Sr was known as an elite NBA athlete, especially the younger years of his NBA career when he played with the CAVS battling against Jordan and the Bulls.
He was not the same athletically after his knee injury, but before then he was really explosive.

Looks like Ace is gonna have to be a 24 ppg guy in conference games. The 42.9 three pt percentage was his season percentage as of mid-January.
It's really hard to find stats on HS players, especially shooting percent.

Picked a thread...

Tell me if my posts didn't offer anything. In the middle of 2 of wrong and terrible takes (Caleb at best is an average defender AND we would be sunk in NIL world) I made in this thread. I said the season wasn't over, I identified the problem, and said we would be fine if it were fixed.
That is a classic thread of terrible takes from some of the board’s self proclaimed basketball experts.

Sad no one here understands that there’s a big difference between athlete and elite athleticism. Who’s the best professional basketball player now ? Elite athleticism ? Best college player this year ? Elite athleticism?

Cam was the highest rated offensive player in the country. Elite athleticism ?

One can be a superstar but not an elite athlete compared to peer players.

DH is an example of this.

Last edited:
It's really hard to find stats on HS players, especially shooting percent.
Yeah that MaxPreps piece gave the percentage implying it was for the season to date and I know some recruiting subscription sites claim to have stats but I dunno. Ace is being compared to Tracy McGrady who was a volume jump shooter with decent efficiency.

Again, different things. Athlete, yes of course. Elite athlecism, no. That’s not what Dylan is. RHJ, no. Jalen Brunson, no, Jaden Ivey yes.
This is the ultimate nitpicking. He has everything he needs to be a fantastic player. Does his dad have to be Usain bolt and his mom has to be Simone biles to have the athletic blood you desire?

This is the ultimate nitpicking. He has everything he needs to be a fantastic player. Does his dad have to be Usain bolt and his mom has to be Simone biles to have the athletic blood you desire?
Absolutey can be fantastic superstar player and I’ve often said that above.

I’ve been refuting the point that he’ll be the most athletic player we have after only Ace and will be one of the most elite athletes anywhere. That simply false. That’s not him.

Of course he’s a good athlete. Most every player is, even the Indiana State guy. He’s just not an elite athlete compared to peers.

He has average athleticism and excels in other ways, just like RHJ did to a lesser extent.

Another gem. NJH looks good here.

These threads lately with Shelby and greenfig really reveal them as the trolls they are

Complain that the players are not good enough

And THEN when we ARE building a team with good depth - they then complain that there’s only one rock and only so many minutes blah blah

They complain either way. It’s truly amazing to see and so friggin transparent
Shelby and FIG are not the same. Shelby should be on everyone's ignore list

Absolutey can be fantastic superstar player and I’ve often said that above.

I’ve been refuting the point that he’ll be the most athletic player we have after only Ace and will be one of the most elite athletes anywhere. That simply false. That’s not him.

Of course he’s a good athlete. Most every player is, even the Indiana State guy. He’s just not an elite athlete compared to peers.

He has average athleticism and excels in other ways, just like RHJ did to a lesser extent.
He has average athleticism compared to nba players not other big ten players. Pretty dumb of you not to understand this. Maybe next time kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT