ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers-Maine Game Thread

Great news, the CCSU game will be on BTN! 5pm Saturday.
The team is smiling and looks happy to be there. But agreed hope they aren’t taking it too too easy, no lead is safe see: UMass

BTN got some new graphics too it looks like. The whole bottom of the screen is a scoreboard now

Reactions: bac2therac
These announcers have a good sense of RU history and of the current players. Making it interesting.

Boy this announcer is laying it on thick. Not sure if I should be appreciative or chuckle.

Reiber is actually not even a Juco/community college basketball player. Might get shown up in intramural ball at the Barn. Not trying to be harsh, I’m sure he’s a nice guy but 4 on 5 is a better option.
He’d struggle mightily for playing time at Montclair State

TBH, the announcers are right. We look either a bit tired or just not playing with intensity. Playing down to the competition, perhaps.

Would be a lot closer than 14 if we were playing down to competition.

TBH, the announcers are right. We look either a bit tired or just not playing with intensity. Playing down to the competition, perhaps.

The announcers are fools

For starters its understandable off 2 weeks with no practice

Also this is the most insensity we have shown against a cupcake

Reactions: gregkoko
Maine gets hot at the end of the half, of course. 18-point lead ends up 42-30 at the half

Two weeks off or not, you do not forget how to play ball. IMO, we dont look good at all w Paul the biggest culprit. No way Maine should have 30, SHOULD have 40 for the game.

Maine has averaged a hair over 5 made threes a game this year. They hit 6 in the first half.

Postives: Baker Offense, McConnell Defense, Mag energy
Negatives: Rest of team seems lethargic and CAA level right now.

Two weeks off or not, you do not forget how to play ball. IMO, we dont look good at all w Paul the biggest culprit. No way Maine should have 30, SHOULD have 40 for the game.

Rutgers is playing fine given off for 17 days ano practice and very little prep for Maine..you think they sre prepping for Maine or Michigan

I am pondering something watching game.

1) Mulcahy is struggling.

Or

2) Mulcahy seems to struggle because his basketball IQ is so much higher than anyone else and you see his frustration like " why weren't you there for the pass".

His start in second half on first 3 plays shows #2.

Or

2) Mulcahy seems to struggle because his basketball IQ is so much higher than anyone else and you see his frustration like " why weren't you there for the pass".
Good point, Luv.

Or

His start in second half on first 3 plays shows #2.
That’s easy. Struggling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT