ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Michigan at Msg

spas89

Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2004
Has anyone gotten tickets to this? Ticketmaster says no tickets available. Could it be sold out?

Is this the game where the refs starting whistling the Michigan guard Zavier Simpson for repeatedly carrying the ball violations?

Why would Rutgers return tickets with the game still nearly 4 weeks away? It doesn't make any sense to me. This is a great chance for RU to neutralize what is technically an "away" game.

Why would Rutgers return tickets with the game still nearly 4 weeks away? It doesn't make any sense to me. This is a great chance for RU to neutralize what is technically an "away" game.
They might be required to. Just like when Rutgers makes tickets available to visiting teams, there is a deadline by which the visiting team needs to sell the tickets or return them to Rutgers.

I tried to get at Seton Hall game, and they said they weren’t selling them at RAC ticket office until January. Now they are saying they sent them back??
I will be at Garden for Ranger Devil game Thursday, maybe I can get at ticket office there? What are the Rutgers sections?

We are going to screw this up

We need to make a max effort to sell out the garden and show our program support .

I'm not sure how much Rutgers can do given that it's a Michigan home game BUT I do find it weird that the Big Ten insists on doing this every year but doesn't promote it at all. Last year's Maryland-Illinois game got about 7,000.

Reactions: ScarletDave
i would go but i don't want to go to wrestling, i have to look into basketball only tix

If we keep playing well, there will be far more RU fans in the building than Michigan supporters. They have a strong NY base but RU fans are starved (putting it mildly) for anything resembling a quality team. Michigan fans were shocked at how RU turned out for the NIT final. Playing RU doesn't excite them and the wrestling aspect doesn't change that. It will be mainly RU for the wrestling, 9 to 1 type of ratio. For hoops, I'd guess 65/35 RU/Mich.

I swear some of you guys...If we keep playing well, and the wrestling team is looking solid, we are going to have a ton of fans up there. Stop worrying about where the seats are, how to buy the tickets, and just get your asses up there and stop bitching. My Lord SMDH!!

“Sell out”? @Scarlet Shack unless we win out January it ain’t happening.

I swear some of you guys...If we keep playing well, and the wrestling team is looking solid, we are going to have a ton of fans up there. Stop worrying about where the seats are, how to buy the tickets, and just get your asses up there and stop bitching. My Lord SMDH!!

“Sell out”? @Scarlet Shack unless we win out January it ain’t happening.
I think they’re pulling a Seton Hall and only selling the lower bowl. So a fake sellout is possible.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
There are no basketball only tix. If you only want to see the hoops game, just be sure to get there by 4:30 p.m.

Is that true? I have no problem paying the money but can't sit through wrestling. Just not my thing. Sorry, I have no idea how long a wrestling match lasts but would 4:30 be too late?

Hoops starts at 4:30. Just skip the wrestling which starts at 1. One ticket for both events. You enter any time you want.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
You should definitely try to catch the last match or two of the wrestling event. They are only like 15 minutes long, right? Three 3 minute rounds, right? Should be pretty cool to see one and support RU.

No one knows for sure. This is only what RU officially announced...

Sections 5, 6, 10, 11....$175
Sections 107-109, 115-117....$100
Sections 110-114....$55
Athletics marketing is blowing it as usual but hey at least we are good at adobe on twitter

Richie, Lex, and I will be there!
Any idea when we're going to find out where the hell we're sitting. We have quite a few friends who are asking us where we're sitting as they now want in. We're staying for both but some in the group just staying for wrestling. All I can tell them is, "your sh*t out of luck till someone at Rutgers decides to get off their ass and tell me". I've bought 10 tickets at $175 bucks a pop and not a word from Rutgers so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Any idea when we're going to find out where the hell we're sitting. We have quite a few friends who are asking us where we're sitting as they now want in. We're staying for both but some in the group just staying for wrestling. All I can tell them is, "your sh*t out of luck till someone at Rutgers decides to get off their ass and tell me". I've bought 10 tickets at $175 bucks a pop and not a word from Rutgers so far.
I walked over to the ticket office window and asked when tickets were being mailed. They said mid January. Then I asked what seats I earned and they gave me the info with no problem. Call the ticket office and ask.

Reactions: koleszar
I’m sure a lot of Rutgers students would want to go if they knew about it. I’d imagine I can get at least a group of 30 to go watch the match/game and then go out in the city at night. Just gotta market it better.

I’m sure a lot of Rutgers students would want to go if they knew about it. I’d imagine I can get at least a group of 30 to go watch the match/game and then go out in the city at night. Just gotta market it better.
This is from a link above...
Rutgers Athletics will also provide 100 undergraduate students a complimentary ticket and bus transportation to and from Madison Square Garden. Students with the highest scan rates from the first 10 men's basketball and two wrestling home events will be able to access the free Super Saturday ticket. For $15 per ticket, season ticket holders may also donate tickets for students to attend Super Saturday free of charge beyond the allocated 100 by logging into their account.

The Garden is a great environment. It was so much fun when we did well in the Big tournament a couple of years ago. Rutgers fans showed very well. Sanders had an incredible few games. Baker also showed out,hope he is back for this game. As a further note the R U chant echoed thru Penn Station after the Indiana win..

This is from a link above...
Rutgers Athletics will also provide 100 undergraduate students a complimentary ticket and bus transportation to and from Madison Square Garden. Students with the highest scan rates from the first 10 men's basketball and two wrestling home events will be able to access the free Super Saturday ticket. For $15 per ticket, season ticket holders may also donate tickets for students to attend Super Saturday free of charge beyond the allocated 100 by logging into their account.

100? Little cheap there RU but okay let’s SPREAD THE WORD about the $15 option!!! LETS GET STUDENTS TO THE GAME!!

(actually there should be a separate PINNED thread for this...)

100? Little cheap there RU but okay let’s SPREAD THE WORD about the $15 option!!! LETS GET STUDENTS TO THE GAME!!

(actually there should be a separate PINNED thread for this...)

I don't even have seasons and I would donate to Rutgers for that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT