ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers set to play No. 1 Baylor in Jimmy V Classic / Rutgers Dropped Out

Baylor will play Gonzaga on December 5 several days after when we play Baylor. Hopefully Baylor looks forward to the game vs Gonzaga prior to our game via overlooking us setting up a pretty pretty win for us

Last edited:
This year has been a struggle so far. What seemed an evil joke earlier turned out to destroy everybody’s plans. I am from https://worldpostalcode.com/united-states/arizona/phoenix and it was a hassle here. Hopefully, all schedules are getting slowly restored everywhere. Step by step, we will return to the usual routine of playing and it would be great.

Last edited:
Hard to believe that December is relatively close... or that normally we'd be talking about midnight madness

Last edited:
Notre Dame just pulled out of a deal at Mohegan that includes Uconn, USC & Vanderbilt. Maybe we can slide into that?

Reactions: gregkoko
Typical RU...other teams will do it and be fine, not RU...

Was someone else paying for five days of lodging and food for all of our players, coaches, and staff if we had stayed?

It’s a shame but it is what it is. Would have been great to see Geo in the Jimmy v vs Baylor. My hunch is this means we ll play seton hall for sure this year given logistics and more scheduling options.

If Rutgers gets to finally play in the Jimmy V classic, legendary player/coach for whom the Barn was renamed, then it needs to be at the Garden, with Fans..imagine the “Rutgers Basketball/ Green Bay Packers“ speech in front of 15,000 Screaming RU fans at the Garden”..

Someone said we dropped out because we might have to quarantine for 14 days which if true makes perfect sense to me.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Someone said we dropped out because we might have to quarantine for 14 days which if true makes perfect sense to me.
So was that because of Murphy and New Jersey rules and this latest drive to say that the typical increases ion respiratory issues this time of year are all CoVid? Are we (the state) now doubling down on the predictions of a nasty second wave to exert more control and another lockdown?

So was that because of Murphy and New Jersey rules and this latest drive to say that the typical increases ion respiratory issues this time of year are all CoVid? Are we (the state) now doubling down on the predictions of a nasty second wave to exert more control and another lockdown?
Why is everything political? It had nothing to do with Murphy. He has made excepts for sports. It's has more to do with scheduling. You have to give yourself room to operate consider the circumstances surrounding this year. The B1G has yet to release the schedule and add the limitation (games) placed on basketball by the NCAA. Something has to give.

Reactions: ILikePike
Why is everything political? It had nothing to do with Murphy. He has made excepts for sports. It's has more to do with scheduling. You have to give yourself room to operate consider the circumstances surrounding this year. The B1G has yet to release the schedule and add the limitation (games) placed on basketball by the NCAA. Something has to give.
the 14 days thing.. when that was mentioned it matched with the little quarantine war between Florida and NY/NJ... and other states.. saying travelers from certain states had to quarantine 14 days after arriving in another state.

THAT is why I figured politics had something to do with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT