ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Rutgers snubbed for NCAA Tourney

Yes it is. It's the 1st time a B1G team with an RPI in the low 40's(Rutgers 42) has not made the field. When something happens for the 1st time it's always a surprise. There's a biased here look at Maryland, went from ranked #8 in the country to 15th seed.
I am not surprised. BB has not had success until this year.

I hate Michigan. They didn’t get the play-in game in MBB and made a run. At least we beat them in Field Hockey for the title.

Quite frankly we were on the borderline with the bid unless we won the regular season title or the final. As mentioned losing the season series to Iowa, Michigan and Maryland was the deciding factor. You can conjecture our RPI and schedule strength but the former is what knocked us out. We can beat any team at anytime regardless but we do lack top quality top line starting pitching. We have a couple who are going to be good but seeing what the top programs have is a reality wake-up call. Time for coach Owens to do his thing. 9 months until we do this again.

Basketball woulda been in the exact same seed in their tournament, fortunately they have play in games.

I am not surprised. BB has not had success until this year.

I hate Michigan. They didn’t get the play-in game in MBB and made a run. At least we beat them in Field Hockey for the title.
Thanks..that’s a huge consolation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT