ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers, top wrestler part ways ... for now

I had a feeling boojangler was Alvarez and I’m pretty disappointed in that overall response. I get sitting back and watching people criticize you can be tough especially as a pretty young adult but that inability to filter out the noise falls under a similar umbrella of lack of discipline.

Again, we don’t have the full story and probably never will but from the fans overall perspective Alvarez should have nobody to blame but himself. 3 years in a row he couldn’t make weight. One time, yeah it probably happens to everyone. 3 years? That’s no accident.

Alvarez can play the villain card as he says all he wants. Hard to play that card off the mat. Maybe he’ll learn from the mistakes and “prove people wrong.” I don’t even know what that means. Everyone knows Alvarez is an elite talent but the issues go beyond the mat. Fixing the issues and becoming an outstanding wrestler doesn’t prove anyone wrong, it actually proves everyone right.
i was thinking boojangkler was creedo. no way sammy is messing with a message board with everything hes got going on. boojang been posting whacky for awhile doubt its sammy

I'm with @SCNJ and let's just say the expectations were just not met with Sammy. Not even close. There was a lot of hype and hope which turned into the program getting jerked around for three years. And Boojangler is Sammy? Some strange posts by Boo in the past and I am questioning who is behind the name.

i was thinking boojangkler was creedo. no way sammy is messing with a message board with everything hes got going on. boojang been posting whacky for awhile doubt its sammy
Not sure. Whoever it is, he had the inside scoop about Alvarez on a lot of stuff. The transfer to OK St, where he was during states, offseason tournaments he was wrestling in. Also gave some info in the past about Aragona getting whipped in the practice room. I’m convinced it’s him. If it’s not, it’s definitely someone very close to him.

First time I thought that was when he started belittling the kid from Princeton who beat him after that kid lost at Midlands.

To clarify, and I am sure you all know that Creedo and Crackers are both me. I got banned with the Creedo name and came back as Crackers... which is the God's Honest truth. Yes, I was a wrestler for Rutgers and no I do not have inside info. I just speculate what I see in the wrestler...facial expressions, mannerisms, and overall language about the program. You saw it in Coop ( I even questioned myself on Coop, but you could see he was beating around the bush), Camp, Aragona, Mason and the Suriano thing was a wild guess. Maybe I have a hidden talent to be a fortune teller, but most of my insight goes off of a "pure gut" feeling. You can see that Sammy kept his head down and was very unsure of himself in his responses to why he loved the program (as with Camp). There was no passion and fire, and I knew it was a matter of time till he left. The missing weight, the back and forth "on the team, off the team"...classic signs of disinterest. You "know" when a wrestler is pumped about the team and his career when you see him talk for the first 10 seconds. As far as NYbojangler being him...it very well maybe. St Joe's is right next to NY and it sounds like a kid wrote it. If it is you, Sammy. I will say this ... better lose that attitude because you saw what happened to Ferrari, and you have nowhere near the clout he did. Also, you were one of my favorite wrestlers and I really thought you would AA here. We are family at RU. I don't get that from OKSt. You best understand that if you think Goody was hard on you, wait till you pull that crap with John Smith... you may find yourself in the transfer portal again. This is your third school and I think this is less about wrestling and more about some sort of family environment you are looking for. OKSt. ain't it! Goody welcomed you with open arms and you turned on him. That doesn't sit well with any coach and I'm sure Smith has that in his mind. Coach Perry will not get you to the podium unless you want it yourself. You had the same caliber of a coach in Pritz and you didn't make it happen. You think Goody is a businessman...hah...well wait till you cross Smith. You will be getting the double pistols right out the gym door. So, Sammy, be safe, we still wish you would have made it happen here, but you need to find yourself in another environment, by all means, DO THE RIGHT THING this time! Goody ( if you are reading this) gotta stop taking in these "unsure of themselves" transfers. That is why you get the minority peanut gallery saying we have hit a ceiling with you. The get all pumped up like this elite burnt out from high school wrestler wants to transfer in to make a difference. If a wrestler transfers, because of some sort of personality conflict ( ala Camp and Suriano) you know somehow some way, they will not be a loyal permanent, fixture.I personally think these a-holes are ingrates. You were a friggin hs school coach and were and are grossly underpaid. These shmucks don't realize how fortunate we are that you did what you did with bargain-basement resources. Bunch of low-rent dickheads who think you had some Brands-Sanderson pedigree.

Last edited:
I hope we have a large and loud crowd tonight. I’m not blind to the fact that in reading this board that there are perceived issues as others have pointed out. I’m going tonight to support our guys and enjoy the wrestling. This looks to be a toss up dual and one in which the crowd might be able to give us a little edge. Our guys will have the block R on their singlets and that’s enough for me to be there and support them. I’m going to be loud and enjoy this dual and I hope that all of you will do the same.

While your post was taken down, I'm glad to see that you weren't blocked from posting. Try letting go of any anger and see if you can just explain what happened from your perspective. I would most like to understand how making weight at 141 will be different where you are now.
Respectfully it is time for all of us to move on. We have a great kid wrestling for us at 141 and I’m directing my attention to him.

To clarify, and I am sure you all know that Creedo and Crackers are both me. I got banned with the Creedo name and came back as Crackers... which is the God's Honest truth. Yes, I was a wrestler for Rutgers and no I do not have inside info. I just speculate what I see in the wrestler...facial expressions, mannerisms, and overall language about the program. You saw it in Coop ( I even questioned myself on Coop, but you could see he was beating around the bush), Camp, Aragona, Mason and the Suriano thing was a wild guess. Maybe I have a hidden talent to be a fortune teller, but most of my insight goes off of a "pure gut" feeling. You can see that Sammy kept his head down and was very unsure of himself in his responses to why he loved the program (as with Camp). There was no passion and fire, and I knew it was a matter of time till he left. The missing weight, the back and forth "on the team, off the team"...classic signs of disinterest. You "know" when a wrestler is pumped about the team and his career when you see him talk for the first 10 seconds. As far as NYbojangler being him...it very well maybe. St Joe's is right next to NY and it sounds like a kid wrote it. If it is you, Sammy. I will say this ... better lose that attitude because you saw what happened to Ferrari, and you have nowhere near the clout he did. Also, you were one of my favorite wrestlers and I really thought you would AA here. We are family at RU. I don't get that from OKSt. You best understand that if you think Goody was hard on you, wait till you pull that crap with John Smith... you may find yourself in the transfer portal again. This is your third school and I think this is less about wrestling and more about some sort of family environment you are looking for. OKSt. ain't it! Goody welcomed you with open arms and you turned on him. That doesn't sit well with any coach and I'm sure Smith has that in his mind. Coach Perry will not get you to the podium unless you want it yourself. You had the same caliber of a coach in Pritz and you didn't make it happen. You think Goody is a businessman...hah...well wait till you cross Smith. You will be getting the double pistols right out the gym door. So, Sammy, be safe, we still wish you would have made it happen here, but you need to find yourself in another environment, by all means, DO THE RIGHT THING this time! Goody ( if you are reading this) gotta stop taking in these "unsure of themselves" transfers. That is why you get the minority peanut gallery saying we have hit a ceiling with you. The get all pumped up like this elite burnt out from high school wrestler wants to transfer in to make a difference. If a wrestler transfers, because of some sort of personality conflict ( ala Camp and Suriano) you know somehow some way, they will not be a loyal permanent, fixture.I personally think these a-holes are ingrates. You were a friggin hs school coach and were and are grossly underpaid. These shmucks don't realize how fortunate we are that you did what you did with bargain-basement resources. Bunch of low-rent dickheads who think you had some Brands-Sanderson pedigree.
Thanks for taking the time. There are many and very good points covered.

Reactions: DUForever
"Rent free in all your heads! Comical relief". Lol, if this really is you Sammy, we will get over your departure pretty quickly and will support the next guy and the rest of the team. Take a good read of @RUCrackers post. Some choice words of wisdom. Based on the last three years, what I read here from you, and what I've heard recently, it was definitely time for you to move on. You have your work cut out for you and not only on the mat.

Rent free in all your heads! Comical relief
I wouldn't say rent-free. More like expected, disappointed, and relieved. If you go into Okst. with this attitude, you'll be transferring to Bergen Community College as a wrestler for all their weights. Come on Sammy! Don't hate on a group of guys that supported you and spent good money on tickets with their families to come to see you. Also, like Aragona, you wasted funds that lesser wrestlers could have used...you know... the ONES THAT WANT TO WRESTLE and would die to make the lineup and give their parents financial relief. maybe you should go to OKst because you are acting like an ungrateful, prick! Good riddance, Sammy the Bullshitter!

I wouldn't say rent-free. More like expected, disappointed, and relieved. If you go into Okst. with this attitude, you'll be transferring to Bergen Community College as a wrestler for all their weights. Come on Sammy! Don't hate on a group of guys that supported you and spent good money on tickets with their families to come to see you. Also, like Aragona, you wasted funds that lesser wrestlers could have used...you know... the ONES THAT WANT TO WRESTLE and would die to make the lineup and give their parents financial relief. maybe you should go to OKst because you are acting like an ungrateful, prick! Good riddance, Sammy the Bullshitter!
I really just hope that's Sammy and not some catfish acting like him.... But if it is, I 100% agree with everything you've said. That said, dating back to the posts made a year ago, I always got the vibe it could be someone like him.

If anyone watched the Breakdown on the Barn interview, he came off as very negative and maybe even toxic for calling a teammate Practice Hero (or whatever it was).

I would be surprised if Bojangler is Alvarez. Bojangler means a lazy person who doesn’t care. Would Sammy refer to himself as a lazy person? If true, he is a strange dude.

I really just hope that's Sammy and not some catfish acting like him.... But if it is, I 100% agree with everything you've said. That said, dating back to the posts made a year ago, I always got the vibe it could be someone like him.

If anyone watched the Breakdown on the Barn interview, he came off as very negative and maybe even toxic for calling a teammate Practice Hero (or whatever it was).
I think it's definitely him. It makes sense. He's from New York and his writing and thinking sound the same. Otherwise it could be a friend of his Dictating. Regardless, Maybe it is the best that he leaves. I always had this thought that he was a clean cut,milk and cookies type kid. Again if indeed this is him, he's a pretty shameful sort. I got piss ant funds For food and travel, but I still wore the Rutgers singlet with love and honor. I also have been very controversial and a little outspoken but most of the rebuttals have been because they know I'm speaking the truth. You can see the writing on the wall with some of these kids. As soon as they look disinterested and put their eyes down you know their careers over with. When camp came off the mat against Klaprot from Iowa I knew right there and then he was finished. At least Mario Mason had the dignity to bow out and had time.

I would be surprised if Bojangler is Alvarez. Bojangler means a lazy person who doesn’t care. Would Sammy refer to himself as a lazy person? If true, he is a strange dude.
It could have some other meaning. Aren't bojanglers like vagabonds. Because Sammy seems to be like one of these Box car tramps. Goes from college to college.

I think it's definitely him. It makes sense. He's from New York and his writing and thinking sound the same. Otherwise it could be a friend of his Dictating. Regardless, Maybe it is the best that he leaves. I always had this thought that he was a clean cut,milk and cookies type kid. Again if indeed this is him, he's a pretty shameful sort. I got piss ant funds For food and travel, but I still wore the Rutgers singlet with love and honor. I also have been very controversial and a little outspoken but most of the rebuttals have been because they know I'm speaking the truth. You can see the writing on the wall with some of these kids. As soon as they look disinterested and put their eyes down you know their careers over with. When camp came off the mat against Klaprot from Iowa I knew right there and then he was finished. At least Mario Mason had the dignity to bow out and had time.
It’s really upsetting honestly. Alvarez beating Howard in the state finals is one of my favorite moments in high school wrestling in a long time. Hard to look back on that with the same lens after seeing this back and forth.

Love the honesty and opinion. Not afraid to speak the truth

Reactions: KidDagger
Ouch and a little more than what I would have said, but YES!!!

Let me know when next months rent will be paid because at this point I’m being paid to rent my space in all your heads. Lol..

Let me know when next months rent will be paid because at this point I’m being paid to rent my space in all your heads. Lol..
Maybe it isn't him. He would be a little more vocal in defending himself. ...not just talking about paying rent. If it is him...you obviously care about our opinions.

Also, you are right... you are in our heads because you pissed us off with your bullshit and not following your weight-cut regimen. Come Sammy! You're gonna regret this move. I'll see you at Sparkle Car Wash in Bloomfield in a year...and make sure your Armor All my tires when stop in.

I'm thinking this is some guy phishing him..the solid 7 years i was following RU wrestling and he was roommates with kids I followed never once was Sammy disrespectful toward fans or teammates ...with all the praise he was given for his counterattack wins and exciting turnarounds why would he turn on guys here who rooted for him relentlessly ..yea wight became an issue but he really had no choice last year so 141 was a weight he could not maintain ....this year who really knows the issue...obviously none of us knows so I hope the punk who calls himself Boo is not him ..if it is ...shame on him

I do believe it's Sammy, mostly because it makes no sense for anyone else to pretend to be him. I think we can respond without personal insults. I understand that Sammy would be emotional about it all and what I've seen him say is typical of someone young and immature. However, there is little accomplished with a pissing match. Sammy, how about just telling us about your experience? I'm still wondering why you will be successful at Okie State in making weight, but couldn't at Rutgers. What's going to be different?

Careful fellas, he might think he is still entrenched in our heads. He and/or Boo fail to realize it's about RU wrestling and our interest in the wrestlers on the team. Not an obsessive fascination.

And if this is what gives you pleasure in life, whoever you are, concerning yourself with what random people on a message board think, that’s f-ing sad and pathetic.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I do believe it's Sammy, mostly because it makes no sense for anyone else to pretend to be him. I think we can respond without personal insults. I understand that Sammy would be emotional about it all and what I've seen him say is typical of someone young and immature. However, there is little accomplished with a pissing match. Sammy, how about just telling us about your experience? I'm still wondering why you will be successful at Okie State in making weight, but couldn't at Rutgers. What's going to be different?
Why would anyone pretend to be Sammy, it’s him.. from my memory.. has anyone that has transferred out of RU found success at their new school that prev didn’t find success here?? I can’t think of a single one that wrestled at RU, didn’t AA, transfer to new school and did…

Why would anyone pretend to be Sammy, it’s him.. from my memory.. has anyone that has transferred out of RU found success at their new school that prev didn’t find success here?? I can’t think of a single one that wrestled at RU, didn’t AA, transfer to new school and did…
Success isn't just to AA, is it? If it is, we would have a vast majority of unsuccessful wrestlers, as would most other schools. I'm not sure how any individual would would be judged without an expectation to measure against. Some have such great expectations that they might be considered unsuccessful if they didn't just AA, but win championships. That's few, indeed, but others can achieve success when they perform above expectations or achieve personal goals. We have seen some leave the program and fail. Aragona comes to mind. He and his girlfriend had lots to say about how he would succeed elsewhere and yada yada. He just repeated what he did at Rutgers, then quit. His father seemed to have a better grip on what was going on - that he had lost the passion and drive, or passion was directed elsewhere, which is more likely; I remember being that age with a girlfriend to distract me. On the other hand, two come to mind that I think were much more successful after leaving, despite why they left. Those two were Paetzell and Mackall, both of whom made top-ten-ish rankings.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Paetzell is the best off the top of my head but that was a unique situation with Suriano coming in

Success isn't just to AA, is it? If it is, we would have a vast majority of unsuccessful wrestlers, as would most other schools. I'm not sure how any individual would would be judged without an expectation to measure against. Some have such great expectations that they might be considered unsuccessful if they didn't just AA, but win championships. That's few, indeed, but others can achieve success when they perform above expectations or achieve personal goals. We have seen some leave the program and fail. Aragona comes to mind. He and his girlfriend had lots to say about how he would succeed elsewhere and yada yada. He just repeated what he did at Rutgers, then quit. His father seemed to have a better grip on what was going on - that he had lost the passion and drive, or passion was directed elsewhere, which is more likely; I remember being that age with a girlfriend to distract me. On the other hand, two come to mind that I think were much more successful after leaving, despite why they left. Those two were Paetzell and Mackall, both of whom made top-ten-ish rankings.
No, success is how u define it for yourself obviously.. just being a starter could be a success or being on the team can be… AA is just the easiest objective way.. my point being is has any wrestler left here and done much better at a new program ? Paetzel/Mackal yes, some reason it felt like one/both of them didn’t finish out their sr season for some reason… Aragona.. had a bad feeling when he barely beat Lipari(making him transfer out) then couldn’t qualify..

I don't know any of the particulars except for what I've read here. But based on my lifetime wrestling experience, and from watching Sammy's high school career (from far away), I am not convinced that he lacks discipline or commitment, or anything like that. He did it too well for too long for me to believe that. I think some decisions must have been made that didn't turn out as planned, and he could not get back from that.

Sorry for jumping in with my opinion; I know you rarely see me on this board, and I'm not a Rutgers guy, so you all are probably thinking "who the heck is this guy?"

Good luck, Sammy. And good luck to Rutgers wrestling as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: runrutgersrun
I don't know any of the particulars except for what I've read here. But based on my lifetime wrestling experience, and from watching Sammy's high school career (from far away), I am not convinced that he lacks discipline or commitment, or anything like that. He did it too well for too long for me to believe that. I think some poor decisions must have been made, probably by him, and he could not get back from that.

Sorry for jumping in with my opinion; I know you rarely see me on this board, and I'm not a Rutgers guy, so you all are probably thinking "who the heck is this guy?"

No need to apologize. I, for one, appreciate all honest and thoughtful opinions.

I don't know any of the particulars except for what I've read here. But based on my lifetime wrestling experience, and from watching Sammy's high school career (from far away), I am not convinced that he lacks discipline or commitment, or anything like that. He did it too well for too long for me to believe that. I think some decisions must have been made that didn't turn out as planned, and he could not get back from that.

well said and 100% accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT