ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Illinois / Game Thread

Reality is we’re just not even close to being able to compete with them or most Big10 teams rest of the year and more to come will be very rough if we don’t recruit shooters now

Reactions: bac2therac
Solid effort being given tonight boy, no question…. Standing around on offense. Leaving shooters wide open. No one grabbing boards. I gotta say, it’s so much fun to watch haha

Reactions: KnightLife1994
This is going how I thought it would unfortunately… Illinois is a good team and hard to beat, but a bad shooting day and it’ll get ugly

Reactions: FrankZ
Same story, can’t score, abandon any realm of offense, go 1 on 1 and force shots, affects their defensive effort

Reactions: FrankZ
Last offensive possession - harper dribbling around. Jones stands on the wing in the same spot for 5+ seconds without a single ounce of movement.

How do we run no offensive sets?

Mag looks lost. Runs around on defense like bigfoot.

Stick Miller right in Plummer’s grill the rest of the night. Who cares if he cant score - neither can anyone else!

Coleman Hawkins locking Ron. I wanted him bad in his recruiting class. But obviously Pike isn't winning that battle

Harper taken out of game by taller defender.Illinois leads 18-7

This why his draft prospects have always been limited.
At 6’6” he is an NBA 2 and will be covered by taller guys a majority of the time.

He needs to be able to create his own shot for serious pro prospects.

Game is too fast for Jones and Miller right now. They are young and need a few games to settle down

In the era of the shooter, we have nobody who can hit a jumper. And it’s year 6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT