ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Illinois / Game Thread

Can't have your transfer backup C be the shortest guy on the court. That's an offseason issue with building a roster thinking that this would be ok knowing the big men of the Big Ten.

Reactions: KnightLife1994
We literally have no idea what to do on offense at the end of half for 6 straight years now besides dribble the clock down and chuck lol
Brutal! No offense flow and no shooters. This is a bad basketball team.

I talked to a friend who’s a big Maryland fan today. He felt Turgeon basically took the team as far as he was going to go. I feel that way about Pike too. We had a good formula the two years before this. Now it’s done

Reactions: Danprusa_4
Well back to being a football program hopefully in the next year or two
I talked to a friend who’s a big Maryland fan today. He felt Turgeon basically took the team as far as he was going to go. I feel that way about Pike too. We had a good formula the two years before this. Now it’s done
yes this. Need a new coach now he’s NOT going to change whether we want to think so or not tbh

Our team has taken a big step back this year. I don’t know what Pike was thinking talking up this team as his best ever. They are not connected at all out there.

Reactions: hbbsm713
Any long term strategy that ignores 3pt strategy is bound for failure.

Short term for a year is fine.
But the overall long term recruiting and coaching strategy has to at least acknowledge 3pt shooting.
Amen.

Again, I’m not asking for Bird levels here. Someone who I don’t always assume miss when the shot goes up is fine.

Reactions: NickRU714
Hawkins (probably a future pro) is doing a very good job defending Ron. That's been one of the keys so far. They've been making open threes which I'm sure Pike will adjust for, and we've been missing some decent looks. I think we'll close it to 10 -12, but too big a hole to totally make up. Hyatt needs to play better. Good half shooting from Jones.

Hawkins (probably a future pro) is doing a very good job defending Ron. That's been one of the keys so far. They've been making open threes which I'm sure Pike will adjust for, and we've been missing some decent looks. I think we'll close it to 10 -12, but too big a hole to totally make up. Hyatt needs to play better. Good half shooting from Jones.
You think we outscore illinois by 8-10 in the 2nd half? Interesting

Duality of Rutgers:
Men getting blown out in 1st conference game on ESPN2
Womens soccer in national semi finals on the next channel ESPNU

Reactions: RUTrack94
Building a program starts with recruiting talent comparable to league competition.When Rutgers is one of the worse shooting teams in the country, games like tonight will sadly become common place against B1G competition.

Cliff 2/1 is just not going to get it done. So many problems to fix I don’t know where to start.

This game is a prime example of one program that recruits talent and another that recruits projects
Yup. Don’t worry about how many stars they have. He’ll coach them up and the rare times he’s successful, they will transfer to The PAC 12

Oh yeah totally. I can see that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT