ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Illinois / Game Thread

CO has to learn how to RB.....boxes out gets position and than just stands there as ball is right in front of him. I'll grabs it kicks it out 3333333333 pter. Should have been going the other way

Why is everyone so shocked this is a bad team? This is a bottom third conference team. Everyone but our head coach can see that. Not sure what's worse.. our skill level, our recruiting our or Pikes recent ineptitude and utter miscalculation of this teams talent.

It's all the little things this team.is NOT doing that is killing them

This team lacks athleticism and therefore can't play D. Plus they can't shoot. Pike no answers.

Pikiell fashioned a better defense out of Eddie Jordan's players than his own.

Come on with Pike’s high school teaching moments, this isn’t an after school TV special. I’m waiting for Robbie Benson to come running out of the tunnel to hit the winning shot.

Maybe they dont do the shell drill in practice that every team from the 5th grade on does????? Ive never seen a team so comically bad at closing out in shooters???????? Maybe guard the guy who is blazing hot from 3 and dont worry so much about the rotation????????????????????

Reactions: RUBlackout
There is just NO excuse for continually leaving Frazier wide open. Wide open.
It’s ball movement. Illinois is making us move and rotate on defense.

You ever hear the term “one more” in sports? One more pass for the open look.

We just don’t do it at Rutgers

Reactions: KnightLife1994
At least show some hustle!!! Two steps slow on defense..no boxing out..nothing! Defense minded my ass

and offense is all ISO and no ball movement. I love PM but he plays like a slow old guy…not good as it creates zero rhythm

Honestly I was really thinking one more season for Pike no matter what, but if this type of showing becomes a thing then you have to make a move.

on both ends of the court.
Pi
Hawkins (probably a future pro) is doing a very good job defending Ron. That's been one of the keys so far. They've been making open threes which I'm sure Pike will adjust for, and we've been missing some decent looks. I think we'll close it to 10 -12, but too big a hole to totally make up. Hyatt needs to play better. Good half shooting from Jones.
Bqd
True but he was also 10 ft behind the line. Kids on fire tonight
Pikell should be embarrassed by this performance- his and the teams. He has not prepared them to compete, and they have quit.

Jones better start shooting better than 3-12 because his defense sucks. Yes, Jones has taken 12 shots,

Pike trying to get Jalen to head down the right path … into the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT