ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Illinois / Game Thread

We're 7-16 on three pointers and still getting our brains beat in. Just wait until we have a cold shooting night again.

Reactions: Danprusa_4
Seriously, how does this get better without a radical change?

How can Pike use performances like this to recruit players who can compete?

Well … I hope we can work out the wrinkles before we play Maine later this month. 🤪 Adios.

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
Wow just wow…I just watched palmquist not even hustle back when he should be putting everything out there in the court..instead a layup against him

don’t let him back on the plane

Pike’s presser is going to be comedy
Thanks guys for being here I appreciate the coversge. First of all a tip of the hat to Illinois. That's a well coached basketball team. I thought we had some good looks that just didn't go down. But certainly not good enough and that's on me. We'll be fine I really like this team.

Thanks guys for being here I appreciate the coversge. First of all a tip of the hat to Illinois. That's a well coached basketball team. I thought we had some good looks that just didn't go down. But certainly not good enough and that's on me. We'll be fine I really like this team.
Absolutely embarrassing performance

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
86-51. Brutal. And tough loss for the RU women's soccer team. Gave up a lucky goal to FSU on a rebound that dropped right to the feet of their player inside the 6-yard line for an easy poke into the goal and we had 4 fantastic chances in the 2nd half and their goalie came up huge on 3 of them and one of our players simply mishit what should have been an easy header goal into an empty net. It's not easy being Rutgers.

Reactions: RUJMM78
I turned the game off after we went down by more than 30 points. Even with that, I had my picture in picture with our men's BB team in the corner as I watched our women's soccer team play their hearts out. They played better than FSU, and if not for a propitious bounce in front of our net that the FSU girl kicked in from 3 feet away, our attacks on their goalies were sooooooooo close to scoring not just one goal but 3 goals. We outplayed them, but they got the win. I'm so proud of our women. The men's BB team? Not so much. An ugly display of no offense and no defense = a blow out.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Wow just wow…I just watched palmquist not even hustle back when he should be putting everything out there in the court..instead a layup against him

don’t let him back on the plane
I think the Palmquist experiment has run its course. He needs to contact Justin Goode for his next move.

Lol I went to the same bar with my buddy as we did to watch the OSU football game. Same thing happened both games; blowout 5 minutes in. Plus I got food poisoning there 4 years ago.

i think i’m gonna stop going there

Reactions: fluoxetine
The team continues to have good practices per Pikiell.Its so sad to watch a Rutgers team that is so over matched in talent.

Well assuming they look good in practice but suck in games - doesn't that make them all a bit gutless? I mean what else can it be?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT