ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Michigan State at 6pm 1/20 game thread

there is no one to shoot, RU doesnt look to shoot, MSU looks to shoot. RU is passive and has terrible hands...just a disappointing loss but as I said, RU got beat by the better team

they just ran 20 seconds off the shot clock with no clue throwing up an airball on 3.

CVS does not know how to coach offense, its clear, RU only wins when they have a lead or force turnovers for transition buckets.

please stop talk of top 25...this aint a top 25 team. they dont have a quality win and just lost to a middle of the pack team at home...

Even at 15-2 there' s a reason Rutgers isn't getting respect. They don't deserve it. Outside of MSU's home court, they're 2-7 on the road. I feared that we would once against suck and melt away in the 4th and that's what happened. Sorry Viv but you were out-coached badly by Merchant tonight.

Could see this loss coming for 3 or 4 games now. Was only a matter of time. Bad energy lately by these guys. Don’t be surprised if we lose next 2 -3 in a row

Reactions: bac2therac
Energy was lacking.
REBOUNDS were the key.
Not being in the same zip code as their three point shooters also a sign of lack of energy.

this is why I was freaking criticizing the effort and close struggles vs sisters of the poor in league. This team plays EXACTLY the same EVERY game. They not had one game against a team with a pulse where they actually look impressive and just roll the opponent. MSU was 2-7 on the road and they waltzed and dominated from the opening tip. Sure the record at 15-3 isnt so bad but you actually see the scores and then say who have they beat...who did they beat? Nebraska? is that the best win? Ga Tech?

because CVS doesnt coach offense, she coaches gameplan and in game adjustments are not her forte
It's something I, you and many others have complained about for years with C Viv. and she never seems to learn from her mistakes. And where's the development of Davenport? She was killing it on offense in HS, and noow she's barely getting any playing time.

The most concerning things : 1) we never pressed - why
2) never made any adjustments cviv on guarding open 3s
3) absolutely no energy on rebounds. Very disappointing
Probably because they haven't had practice time because of the men's team using the court.
Oh wait, they each have a court now.!! If it isn't practice, what could it be??

Cant get outrebounded by 20 at home (or anywhere) and expect to win. Looks like the Spartans wanted it more.

Nine of nineteen from behind the 3 point arc for MSU. Indefensible.

Nine of nineteen from behind the 3 point arc for MSU. Indefensible.

and pretty much all of them open...did you see the one that was the dagger at 57-53 to go to 60-53...it was some great ball movement from the pg to an open ponytail...RU was clueless tonight, Cherub ran circles around CVS

Reactions: RocktheRac
and pretty much all of them open...did you see the one that was the dagger at 57-53 to go to 60-53...it was some great ball movement from the pg to an open ponytail...RU was clueless tonight, Cherub ran circles around CVS
Yep. Wide open, like many of their threes tonight. Plus, we jokingly have said "where are our ponytail girls who knock down the three?" Where, not on C Viv's team. She never seems to recruit them.

Game illustrates that Rutgers is too reliant on a small core of players despite recruiting highly ranked players. This is why Stringer is a notch below Tara V., Geno and other elite coaches. Inability to develop a solid bench like other coaches have and as Pikiel has done on mens side.

there is no one to shoot, RU doesnt look to shoot, MSU looks to shoot. RU is passive and has terrible hands...just a disappointing loss but as I said, RU got beat by the better team

they just ran 20 seconds off the shot clock with no clue throwing up an airball on 3.

CVS does not know how to coach offense, its clear, RU only wins when they have a lead or force turnovers for transition buckets.

please stop talk of top 25...this aint a top 25 team. they dont have a quality win and just lost to a middle of the pack team at home...

Yeah I was pretty psyched and frustrated but I can see it last few games. 2 players in AG and T Mack.
I really don't understand where the 5 stars and hyped Morris are. ?
All these Players yet I only see 2 ...oh well.
Sorry. Downer.

Just a terrible loss. Despite Michigan State’s preseason ranking, it is mediocre at best. Our team needs to learn you can’t sleepwalk through half the game. To be honest, we’re lucky we don’t have two or three more losses. No business being ranked so that nonsense should finally stop being discussed.

Game illustrates that Rutgers is too reliant on a small core of players despite recruiting highly ranked players. This is why Stringer is a notch below Tara V., Geno and other elite coaches. Inability to develop a solid bench like other coaches have and as Pikiel has done on mens side.
This is so true. I guarantee you if Davenport played for Geno, she would be freshman of the year in the AAC.

I hate that stat that RU is off to its best start in over 2 decades...I can name about 12 other RU teams in that time better than this one
So can I. So far this team has beaten no one. And they just lost to an okay MSU team that was terrible on the road. Sorry C Viv, but you can't win when you pretty much depend on three players game in and game out and they don't all play up to snuff.

Maybe we should stop recruiting Bama and kk should just take half court shots?
Sorry. Pure sarcasm as I am highly disappointed and hope they can rebound ( no pun intended) next few games.

I'll punish myself for my board transgressions tonight. :chairshot:

so true, i mean seriously somehow CVS is still pulling in ranked recruits but when they hit the court I dont see the talent
We know C Viv is not very good on the offensive side of the ball. Instead of hiring someone with that knowledge and expertise, we see the same ole same ole with her. BTW, where is Zippy and Morris?
Top 30 players along with Davenport, who suddenly don't know how to play basketball?

Reactions: coldsprings
We all root hard for these women to succeed. I know we have the talent, but they're not being utilized to the best of their abilities. And that's on coaching. You can't expect better results, if we've seen this brand of basketball for twenty-five years. The only time we've done well is when we have three options and they're all brilliant shooters. Besides, Arella, who else is a really good shooter? I think some of our young players are, but they're on the bench. Why? We know why. Defense comes first.

Offense is secondary. That worked great thirty years ago when the '55' stumped a majority of the teams out there. Now? Not so much. You need balance on both sides of the court, and forever we don't have that here.

Just sad cause we were sniffing the rankings. Playing to be solid no.2 B1G. Playing at home on a BTN feature night on MLK day with no FOOTball. Etc.
Big spotlight game and didn't show up for most of the game.
Ok. Done for tonight. Ill be watching Diamond Miller from Franklin on Maryland.

The MSU coach watched the Indiana game tape against RU and this was a dead on replica. MSU played team basketball and all we did was one on one all night. No one except Rella could score. Our supposed superior defense was mediocre at best. We came out flat without fire and maintained that lackluster effort. When crunch time came and we were up 2 in the 4th we folded like a cheap suit. Very disappointing. Teams will watch this tape and kick our tails in the Big Ten and then the NCAAd if we make it.

ADVERTISEMENT