ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Michigan State / Match Thread - Sunday 1pm

Kid pinned himself and the ref was watching something else. Any way Grello looks worse and worse with every passing match.

Reactions: RUpop and MS-RU
He just called stalling less than 5 secs standing. WTF

On another point is Joe Grello on drugs or something? Holy crap I can't believe this kid actually won matches at NCAA's.

It’s insane to me that Michigan State paid its head football coach nearly 5 million dollars last year and they can’t shell out a few dollars for a guy that can operate an electronic scoreboard or for someone to put a scoreboard graphic on a broadcast

WOW
ANGRY BRICK TOSS by Scott.....wish he had hit the ref

I am not advocating violence, but i can understand it

It’s obvious Grello is not the answer at 174. Let’s move on. Maybe Turley can win the spot next year and it will alleviate his weight cutting issues

Reactions: ruready07
Would like to see Aguilar, Alvarez, Aragona, Vulakh, Kanniard, Glasgow, Turley, Janzer, Correnti and I guess Esposito as lineup next year

Reactions: bigmatt718
OK that was freaking brutal between the ass hat announcers and ref from the greater area Detroit grammar school league.

Grello what a huge fail. I'm tired of watching Joe stall, last year looks like the high point of his career. MVB how utterly idiotic. Pagano won but looked horrible. Other than that everyone did great. Even Donner made a come back on Captain Top Position only.

5 freshman in the lineup and all continue to look more impressive each match.

5 upperclassmen in the lineup and Pagano looked bad, Grello looked worse, and MVB had a disastrous finish. I’m not sure the last time I’ve seen a defensive pin beyond middle school. Esposito looked good and I know a lot aren’t thrilled about him possibly being the starter next year but I’m fine with it until Kyonte comes in. Donner is what he is, a depth guy who’s been thrown into a starters role and he’s doing what he can but is just outmatched a lot of the time.

Overall, great weekend for the team but some guys individually are just not carrying their weight. Pretty glad the youth movement has begun.

MVB and Grello will be relegated to bench wrestlers their senior seasons at this rate.

I would be shocked if MVB is in the lineup next year with Kanniard, Vulkah, Turley, and Glasgow all battling for 2 spots at 157 and 165.

Grello probably hangs on given the lack of options unless Turley can challenge him at 174 but that's not a given.

I would be shocked if MVB is in the lineup next year with Kanniard, Vulkah, Turley, and Glasgow all battling for 2 spots at 157 and 165.

Grello probably hangs on given the lack of options unless Turley can challenge him at 174 but that's not a given.

Vulakh is at 149 but I think Kanniard might be able to beat MVB next year. MVB dominated the wrestler off but it was a much closer match in the Scuffle.

Vulakh is at 149 but I think Kanniard might be able to beat MVB next year. MVB dominated the wrestler off but it was a much closer match in the Scuffle.

True. While he's at 149 now but he wrestled at 152 in HS so 157 is definitely not out of the realm of possibility next year.

I hope we can get an update on him to see how he's progressing. I'm hoping this isn't a serious or long term injury for him as we know some back issues could be.

That vaunted 2016 recruiting class ranked #9 looks like a complete washout

Mulligan- Quit
Paetzell- transfer
Mackall- transfer
Donner- sub .500 wrestler
Correnti- backup 197 lber
Van Brill- maybe above .500 wrestler
Grello- regressing badly

This is a lot of misses and why we're in this predicament now.

That vaunted 2016 recruiting class ranked #9 looks like a complete washout

Mulligan- Quit
Paetzell- transfer
Mackall- transfer
Donner- sub .500 wrestler
Correnti- backup 197 lber
Van Brill- maybe above .500 wrestler
Grello- regressing badly

This is a lot of misses and why we're in this predicament now.
Most of us get this. Don’t get the need to beat this drum continually.

Reactions: ChasRC69
Most of us get this. Don’t get the need to beat this drum continually.
Huh? This is the first time I've ever posted about the 2016 class and have never seen it posted here before? So what is being drummed continually? I'm completely confused by your comment as it makes no sense.

Reactions: ANewRU
Huh? This is the first time I've ever posted about the 2016 class and have never seen it posted here before?
I believe I’ve seen post after post complaining about poor recruiting classes. It’s true, I never did see you lay it out wrestler by wrestler (which I found interesting). Perhaps I am confusing you with another poster.

Reactions: koleszar
I believe I’ve seen post after post complaining about poor recruiting classes. It’s true, I never did see you lay it out wrestler by wrestler (which I found interesting). Perhaps I am confusing you with another poster.
Perhaps you confused me with Leonard23. He posts a lot about previous recruiting classes. However, I will say he saw this year coming before anyone else did. As he knew recruiting wasn't going as well as many said it was. He even said that 2016 class was more a rating on sheer numbers rather than talent.

Believe me I was a huge Joe Grello supporter two years ago and even last year as I thought he'd take another big step this year. But he's proven me completely wrong and it's starting to look like Joe has taken it as far as he can.

For the non-wrestling experts here, what is a defensive pin?

When the guy on top goes for a turn/tilt of some kind and puts himself on his back and essentially pins himself. You almost never see it from a kid above the age of 12.

Perhaps you confused me with Leonard23. He posts a lot about previous recruiting classes. However, I will say he saw this year coming before anyone else did. As he knew recruiting wasn't going as well as many said it was. He even said that 2016 class was more a rating on sheer numbers rather than talent.

Believe me I was a huge Joe Grello supporter two years ago and even last year as I thought he'd take another big step this year. But he's proven me completely wrong and it's starting to look like Joe has taken it as far as he can.
That is probably who I was thinking.

I agree but an escape and a stall call sends it to SV. Hope the kid makes a comeback before the season ends but dislocated elbows in my experience are 8-week injuries at minimum. Elbow and hand swells up pretty good and range of motion is really limited for the first month of rehab.

Shoulder...they popped it back in on the mat.

UPDATE: Stand corrected, it was the elbow. Ugh.

Go RU!
Diane

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT