ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Northwestern- The Matchups

Expect more zone until we prove we can beat it.
Some coaches just won't play zone, no matter how ineffective their opponents have been against it in previous games. It's against their "philosophy". It's like leaving money on the table. Switching defenses is one of the biggest impacts a coach can have on the game. One of the reasons I think most coaches are suboptimal (i.e. most coaches suck).

Reactions: Eagleton96
I think he gets exhausted
This. Caleb plays like 10 min stretches every game, and is coming off a back injury (that was reactivated this off-season) .. and not only takes no plays off on defense, but arguably puts in the effort to be national defender of the year … he’s tired

Sandfort started the BIG season 0-19 from 3 and went 6-8 against us. Do the math.

I keep reading how bad our gameplay was lol.
I said in another thread, I’d be willing to bet Sandford didn’t get the wide open no stress looks he got against us on Sunday against anyone else.
Cam would shoot 75% for the year with the looks he had

Per a poster on NW site, NW has played zone 0 possessions this season and they do not expect to see it tonight. Also said they switch 1-4 on defense and not worried about Mulcahy

If they play only man to man, they should be worried about Paul. He torched them last year in Evanston.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT