ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers/VT Betting Line is Out…

Thank god we're opening as an underdog!
underdog-tired.gif

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
Good news to be the dogs in this match. Hoping we get our star players on defense back, ‘cause our D has been suspect through the first two against what is shaping up to be two horrid teams. I didn’t think they were that bad when we played them, but Akron might be the worst in the MAC and might not win another game after struggling against a bad FCS team. And they still have to face an angry USCe team before they start conference play. Howard’s won two straight, but they’re far more pedestrian than I had hoped. Next Saturday might be the meeting of two teams which are quite a bit worse than their pre-season hype.

Good news to be the dogs in this match. Hoping we get our star players on defense back, ‘cause our D has been suspect through the first two against what is shaping up to be two horrid teams. I didn’t think they were that bad when we played them, but Akron might be the worst in the MAC and might not win another game after struggling against a bad FCS team. And they still have to face an angry USCe team before they start conference play. Howard’s won two straight, but they’re far more pedestrian than I had hoped. Next Saturday might be the meeting of two teams which are quite a bit worse than their pre-season hype.
I mean, considering there’s a MAC team that actually lost to a bad FCS team already (Kent St) - I doubt Akron is the worst team in that conference.

Just placed my bet in PA. Think it's easy money. ODU had 243 rushing yards against VT and averaged 5.5 YPP.
Bodes well for Kyle and the other RB's. AK and our receivers are an upgrade from last year. We know we have to stop Drones. And if Powell and Bailey return that will be a plus.

Just placed my bet in PA. Think it's easy money. ODU had 243 rushing yards against VT and averaged 5.5 YPP.
Bodes well for Kyle and the other RB's. AK and our receivers are an upgrade from last year. We know we have to stop Drones. And if Powell and Bailey return that will be a plus.
Placing my bet tomorrow when I land back in Vegas.
Guarantee you the line will be moving towards RU during the week.

I mean, considering there’s a MAC team that actually lost to a bad FCS team already (Kent St) - I doubt Akron is the worst team in that conference.
Point taken. We’ll find out who’s worse by the end of the season when they face off. Kent State faced Pitt and Tennessee, then are getting ready to face State Penn. they’ll be beat up and chewed out too.

Point taken. We’ll find out who’s worse by the end of the season when they face off. Kent State faced Pitt and Tennessee, then are getting ready to face State Penn. they’ll be beat up and chewed out too.
Yup. November 19. Tuesday Night MACtion. They will be playing for the Blue and Gold Wagon Wheel. You can throw out the record books for that one.

Which 2 teams are they?

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Shelby nailed it on the nose in the prediction thread. Schiano is O-fer as an underdog the last few years.

Shelby nailed it on the nose in the prediction thread. Schiano is O-fer as an underdog the last few years.
We’re making history, not repeating it. This is the first year we have all the pieces to go far:

- an accurate QB
- WR1
- RB1
- TE1
- an OL with demonstrated ability to impose its will
- A kicker
- Defense that should be stout against the run
- Effective LBers
- Outstanding safeties
- Capable Cover Corners

The past five years, we just weren’t capable of beating better teams. This year, we’ve got enough talent to beat anyone on any given day

Reactions: BillyC80
We’re making history, not repeating it. This is the first year we have all the pieces to go far:

- an accurate QB
- WR1
- RB1
- TE1
- A kicker
- Effective LBers
- Outstanding safeties
- Capable Cover Corners

The past five years, we just weren’t capable of beating better teams. This year, we’ve got enough talent to beat anyone on any given day
Funny Al. That’s your same list as last year’s. You forgot “greatest coach ever” though. Please add that.

Why does Shelby post on an RU Board? Why doesn't Shelby post on the board of the School that Shelby roots for?
Shelby does post on the board of the school that Shelby roots for. In fact, Shelby does not recall ever posting on a board of a school Shelby doesn’t root for. Not even once, and not even to ridicule Fieldhouse Al of La Mancha. Another fact. Signed: Shelby65

Shelby does post on the board of the school that Shelby roots for. In fact, Shelby does not recall ever posting on a board of a school Shelby doesn’t root for. Not even once, and not even to ridicule Fieldhouse Al of La Mancha. Another fact. Signed: Shelby65
Shelby be full of it!

Reactions: TRU2RU

- an accurate QB
- WR1
- RB1
- TE1
- A kicker
- Effective LBers
- Outstanding safeties
- Capable Cover Corners

One of the things I like about this board is I get to hear other Rutgers fans perspective. Every time I read one of Al's posts I get the feeling that my time has been wasted.....nothing there.

Perhaps you should go back and check your “facts” as it’s flat out inaccurate that Greg 2.0 hasn’t won as an underdog which is what you originally said (you said -0-). He’s won at least 4 times as an underdog - @ BC 2022,@ Indiana 2021, @ Michigan St 2020 and @ Maryland 2020.
I wish I could LIKE your post more than once!!!

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops

- an accurate QB
- WR1
- RB1
- TE1
- A kicker
- Effective LBers
- Outstanding safeties
- Capable Cover Corners

AL, how much should i bet on Rutgers?

I'm not driving across state lines just to place a bet, but I have to admit RU +140 on the money line is very attractive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT