ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers women’s basketball rocked with more tumult as 2nd player dismissed from team in 4 days

Per The Baylor board, IIRC, the “final straw” was when she “beat the crap out of her gf.” Who knows, maybe that’s not completely true, but there is usually 1 of 2 reasons to get booted as such: grades or questionable activity AND typically, if it’s “grades,” that information is out there. If I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat proud, no problem, but remember I got lambasted on these boards for being 100% spot on about everything regarding Kyle Flood both on and off the field.

Anyway I hope the girls go out tonight, play hard for their coach, and get the win!

Basing an opinion on what some anonymous poster on a message board wrote is not a very smart move. You should know that anyone can make up any story & post it on a message board & it can be a total lie, yet you choose to believe it since it casts a bad look on CViv & a player who you have never seen.:flushed:

Last season, we were 2-8 in our final ten regular season games and finished 9th in conference. 20 total wins is nice but it was a disappointing season after how we started.

Oklahoma's performance this season is irrelevant to whether or not they deserved a bid. I agree they were a weak selection.

We certainly deserve a bid this season and tonight was a great win. I hope the team builds off of it and wins their next two and at least one in the B1G tournament. (Heck, I hope we win the darn thing!)

Per The Baylor board, IIRC, the “final straw” was when she “beat the crap out of her gf.” Who knows, maybe that’s not completely true, but there is usually 1 of 2 reasons to get booted as such: grades or questionable activity AND typically, if it’s “grades,” that information is out there.

I’ll repeat myself, again, for the people in the back. The charges ended as a MISDEMEANOUR with a $500 fine. End of story (despite Kratch’s click bait NJ.com article). IF Alexis “beat the crap out of her gf”, there would have been enough physical evidence (i.e., ER report, Dr/nurse testimony) that, with or without the gf’s cooperation, charges could have easily gotten bumped up to the Superior Court level. By the way, the second offense is for marijuana possession.

As far as grades, go check out Alexis’ twitter account. Alexis seems like a rather intelligent, articulate, social-minded young woman...the type I would normally love representing my alma mater.

Not solely directed at you, Nuts, but everyone in general needs to stop acting like judge, jury and executioner on these boards. CVS and her staff vetted Alexis. They had access to a lot more information and facts then you all have AND have had discussions with Alexis and her coaches. After that, they made an informed decision to accept her commitment. I will take it a step further by saying that I trust CVS and her staff that IF Alexis happens to be an issue while playing HERE, CVS and her staff will do what they do with any player with discipline issues as they have shown in the past. Why can’t you all stay in your lane and let them do their job...you know, the job they get paid to do.

Great win, Ladies. Stepped up and didn’t skip a beat albeit a weaker opponent. I liked what I saw! Go after it, prove the Haters wrong...sadly, even if they are your own “fans”. #RFamily.

Go RU!
Diane

Last edited:
I’ll repeat myself, again, for the people in the back. The charges ended as a MISDEMEANOUR with a $500 fine. End of story (despite Kratch’s click bait NJ.com article). IF Alexis “beat the crap out of her gf”, there would have been enough physical evidence (i.e., ER report, Dr/nurse testimony) that, with or without the gf’s cooperation, charges could have easily gotten bumped up to the Superior Court level. By the way, the second offense is for marijuana possession.

As far as grades, go check out Alexis’ twitter account. Alexis seems like a rather intelligent, articulate, social-minded young woman...the type I would normally love representing my alma mater.

Not solely directed at you, Nuts, but everyone in general needs to stop acting like judge, jury and executioner on these boards. CVS and her staff vetted Alexis. They had access to a lot more information and facts then you all have AND have had discussions with Alexis and her coaches. After that, they made an informed decision to accept her commitment. I will take it a step further by saying that I trust CVS and her staff that IF Alexis happens to be an issue while playing HERE, CVS and her staff will do what they do with any player with discipline issues as they have shown in the past. Why can’t you all stay in your lane and let them do their job...you know, the job they get paid to do.

Great win, Ladies. Stepped up and didn’t skip a beat albeit a weaker opponent. I liked what I saw! Go after it, prove the Haters wrong...sadly, even if they are your own “fans”. #RFamily.

Go RU!
Diane

Again...I"m HOPING for the best going forward for her, as I stated in the original thread when she decided to come here, but looking at the "whole picture" right now it's got to be just a tad disappointing to any fan (even one as connected as yourself. Anyhow, thanks for the post and information, it's appreciated, I'll retract my "thug" statement but let's hope that truly is the case. Bottom line: 2 arrests is NO BUENO. Thank you.

Reactions: rondi
Geez, I feel bad for the rest of the women on the team. It was bad enough to lose Jenkins, who deserved the suspension, but to lose one of our leading scorers, who had violated team rules before and should have known better, this is getting beyond serious now. Whether one is a fan or not, something is amiss right now which could also be leading to C Viv's health issues, which is pure speculation on my part.

I therefore, will only wish C Viv the best and hope she will continue to do well with her health concerns. But I'm very worried for our other women and their psyche who bust their butts to not only do well on the court but in the classroom. They have worked hard all year and don't need to be put in this terrible predicament now that the B1G conference play is coming to an end. I wish them well and hope they can come together and play through these terrible circumstances.

well said. Its a mess right now but sometimes that's when teams rally together. This is Rutgers. Something freakin weird is always going on. We should be used to it.

Lets see how they respond. Players and coaches. Season is not over!

Bottom line: 2 arrests is NO BUENO. Thank you.[/QUOTE said:
FYI: CC was NOT arrested. She was dismissed for violating team rules, which has ZERO to do with anything criminal.

Go RU!
Diane

Last edited:

Go RU!
Diane
Amen! Amen!!!!! Rondi, you need to post more on here!!

Reactions: MADHAT1 and TRU2RU
So what did she do?
A violation of team policy. There is no reason for me or you to know what this was other than to state a violation of team policy. I don’t understand why everyone feels it is their right to know all about issues like these. I’m sure if it were your daughter involved you would prefer that the issue be kept between the player and University officials.

Go RU!
Diane
any idea what her next arrest will be for? do you really think this was her first assaut. it was the first time she was charged for one. you have to stop the "it only happened once" line, it never happens only once

any idea what her next arrest will be for? do you really think this was her first assaut. it was the first time she was charged for one. you have to stop the "it only happened once" line, it never happens only once

Here we go again with anonymous posters making up stories & posting it as facts, if you don't have facts to back up your story then just make up lies & pretend they are facts!

Yeah, because Kratch’s NJ.com article couldn’t even find another arrest or incident but YOU seem to think you did. Good job, Sherlock. Keep your day job.

Go RU!
Diane

Also, I have ONE word for people like you. Karma. Life has a funny way of humbling people.

Have a nice day!

Go RU!
Diane

All I care about is that Alexis can score 20 a night and lead us to a Big Ten title.

We can recruit the squeakiest clean players in all sports, or move a little more in the direction of every other school.

Oh, I forgot.
We are special and don’t do that. We’d rather finish in last place in every sport.

Reactions: rondi and TRU2RU
We can recruit the squeakiest clean players in all sports, or move a little more in the direction of every other school.

Oh, I forgot.
We are special and don’t do that. We’d rather finish in last place in every sport.

There are plenty of successful women's teams who don't have players with these types of issues. Rutgers can do that, too...

Would like to hear Nuts’s response to coach’s press conference where he said this team would be no where without CC Cryor and she will be a great star and influence whatever program she transfers too.

All I care about is that Alexis can score 20 a night and lead us to a Big Ten title.

Hi, Bill! I care about that as well but not at the expense of having major team issues to the point of the team being entirely toxic. We are NOT that type of team despite the few drama queens on this board.

EVERY team in the nation has had dismissals for violating team rules, EVERY team, period.

Go RU!
Diane

Last edited:
Don't much care for fan base turmoil, be it outrage or blind defense... but the worst thing about this is that this can flush the whole season down the tubes... even if the players step up.. which they will.. the NCAA committee can look at something like this and say that this Rutgers team is not the same one that built that record. So unfair.. but entirely possible.

But as someone said above... you don't dismiss someone casually. If anything, with so much at stake.. that we did so speaks to the integrity of the program.

Last edited:
Don't much care for fan base turmoil, be it outrage or blind defense... but the worst thing about this is that this can flush the whole season down the tubes... even if the players step up.. which they will.. the NCAA committee can look at something like this and say that this Rutgers team is not the same one that built that record. So unfair.. but entirely possible.

But as someone said above... you don't dismiss someone casually. If anything, with so much at stake.. that we did so speaks to the integrity of the program.
I believe unless infractions ( subject to sanctions) are involved the NCAA committee only looks at who the team plays and their conference and overall record.

Building the team with transfers and JUCOs or a combination of both isn't part of their decision process . So play on the floor, not how the players arrived, is the only factor when Dance invitations go out.

I believe unless infractions ( subject to sanctions) are involved the NCAA committee only looks at who the team plays and their conference and overall record.

Building the team with transfers and JUCOs or a combination of both isn't part of their decision process . So play on the floor, not how the players arrived, is the only factor when Dance invitations go out.
I am referring to how injuries to starters have been used to deny teams bids.. I know it happens on the men's side. I can see it possibly being used in the case of dismissed players here. Its not like Rutgers has not been denied bids and higher seeds in years they really should have been in or seeded higher.

I am referring to how injuries to starters have been used to deny teams bids.. I know it happens on the men's side. I can see it possibly being used in the case of dismissed players here. Its not like Rutgers has not been denied bids and higher seeds in years they really should have been in or seeded higher.
Jenkins was never a starter & CC Cryor was suspended for the first 10 games & was not the starter in some of the other games.

There comes a time in everyone’s career when it is time to retire and smell the roses. It is best to go out being known as someone who demonstrated that women can succeed. CVS has had a positive impact on the lives of so many young women and I want her to remember for that. I don’t want her to be remembered for declining attendance, disciplinary issues, unexplained loses, and a coach whose income is more than total revenue raised by Rutgers women’s basketball. I want her to be viewed as leaving an outstanding legacy at Rutgers. I attended many of the games she coached when she first arrived at Rutgers (even the initial losing season) and traveled with the team to celebrate many of the tournament wins and a few of the tournament loses.

Stringer may decide to retire but she has earned the right to do it on her own terms, especially since she has a successful winning team right now. When a new coach comes along, she/he will most likely make close to what CVS makes. The avg for the B1G is around $.6M - $.7M.

I posted this on the round table but will put it here too:

I think that a lot of posters should educate themselves on how much women's basketball coaches make.

Here are some examples from the top 10 teams (quick Google so may not be exactly accurate).
Baylor $1.85M
UConn $2.17M
Louisville $1.15M
Notre Dame $1.6M
MS State $1.6M
Oregon $.7M
Stanford n/A
Maryland $1.2M
Oregon State $.5M
NC State $.5M

Stringer makes about $.8M

It is one thing to argue that women's basketball coaches make too much money because the programs don't produce enough revenue to cover their salaries but it is another thing to say that Stringer does not deserve her salary. Her team is in 3rd place in the B1G and many of you would want to throw money at a coach of a men's sport that had the same results.
Even the top revenue generating women's basketball teams don't always break even because the coaching staff salaries of those teams create such high expenses. If college sports had to produce a profit, there would not be many teams. There is something to be said for the positive publicity ofsuccessful sports programs though.

Rutgers women's basketball revenue is in the top 10 in the country.
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/03/12/In-Depth/Team-revenue.aspx

Excellent read, Scarletcrew. Thanks for posting. Eye opening.

Go RU!
Diane

Scarletcrew

I doubt that you intentionally provided wrong information. The revenue reflected in the article includes about a $3 million university subsidy.

Assuming the average cost of a seat is $25 and attendance averages 2,000 paid for 15/16 ames total revenue approximates $800,000. Add in another $100,000 for parking, concession sales, etc.(this is high) and total revenue without the subsidy is less than a million dollars.

Before quoting what some would classify as fake news, it is important to get the facts and not take an article on face value. By making an open records request you will see that true revenues are less than a million dollars and the programs loses 2 plus million a year.

Reactions: toby83
Oh calm your jets WTF did you expect? 2 out of 5 starters dismissed in a week??!! From a 12-person scholarship roster??!! Don’t be so sensitive my friend!! I don’t care what sport it is, there deserves to be negative commentary about it, sorry!

FYI, 1 starter and one sometime starter out of 14 scholarship players.

Haters gonna hate!
Yes, and they usually post far more after a loss than when the team wins.
Of course you'll hear the obligatory I support RU WBB .
But it seems they sometimes forget to give credit to the team after a win, but seldom miss a chance to knock the RUWBB program after a loss.

Scarletcrew ,how about # of final four appearances in the last ten years next to each team above. I have no idea, simply curious. I had no idea our winning matched the top programs in the country.

Scarletcrew ,how about # of final four appearances in the last ten years next to each team above. I have no idea, simply curious. I had no idea our winning matched the top programs in the country.
Final Four appearances since 2008 tournament (added because a couple of these teams were in the Final Four that season)
Baylor 2 (2010 and 2012)
Connecticut 11 out of 11 - they're in a class by themselves.
Louisville 3 (2009, 2013, 2018)
Notre Dame 6 (2011-2015, 2018)
Mississippi State 2 (2017, 2018)
Oregon 0
Stanford 7 (2008-2012, 2014, 2017)
Maryland 2 (2014, 2015)
Oregon State 1 (2016)
NC State 0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT