ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers women’s basketball rocked with more tumult as 2nd player dismissed from team in 4 days

Obviously not a good development. You wonder if these issues contributed to CVS needing to step away for awhile.

Very sad. 2 key players and the coach. Let’s keep the team in our prayers to stick together and stay focused, starting tonight against Wisconsin.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Welp let's just kiss this disaster of a season goodbye. Un****ing real. No words. I feel so badly for the kids that worked their butts off all year.
I feel bad for the players that worked their butts off and made sure they remained a credit to the team and Rutgers University, but won't give up hope this season will still turn out one that brings an NCAA invite.
Because those same players that are a credit to the RU WBB program can step up and overcome this latest adversity and make it to the dance, in my optimistic opinion.

We need to cut ties with the thug from Baylor IMMEDIATELY this is a ****ing disaster!!!

- she got her extension
- she got her 1000 (should’ve happened 2 years ago but whatever...)

...and now we’re stuck with this frwakin’ disaster. 2 girls booted and a BAYLOR retread on the way??!!! WOW!!!

- she got her extension
- she got her 1000 (should’ve happened 2 years ago but whatever...)

...and now we’re stuck with this frwakin’ disaster. 2 girls booted and a BAYLOR retread on the way??!!! WOW!!!
And...you needed to start your OWN thread when you never even post here?? I will root for all the super ladies that will play tonight. Also, given all of footballs problems over the years makes your comment even sadder.

And...you needed to start your OWN thread when you never even post here?? I will root for all the super ladies that will play tonight. Also, given all of footballs problems over the years makes your comment even sadder.

1) I post here quite often and actually give her credit when credit is due, for 15+ years now on this site, like when this team was playing well through the first half of the season

2) One program has absolutely nothing to do with the other BUT If you haven’t noticed I was incredibly outspoken during the Flood “error” about all the crap that was going on!

3) I’m only speaking in fact, not opinion, so if you don’t like it too bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: rutpsychward
4) I will ALWAYS root for the kids on the court, the field, the track, the pitch, or in the water!!! I’m a Scarlet Knight through-and-through WHICH IS WHY this pains me so much!!

Unfortunately many great players and coaches don’t recognize when it is time to leave. Then, their legacy becomes clouded as the focus is recent results. I am afraid that this is happening with CVS. To be remembered in a positive manner, she should call it a day. Health and the changing nature of the student athlete have caught up with her.

To all the C Viv haters, go away. You aren't deserving enough to deserve a Hall of Fame Coach. You actually suck. Go crawl back under your rocks.

I'm sticking with C Viv, and hope she not only fulfills her contract extension, but gets another extension.

I'm with Viv !!

Some posters only come to the WBB to post negative crap.

It's easy to be phony fan when things are going smoothly,

Now w some roster dismissals, and a sick coach, the miserable vultures are circling, can we shoot down those hateful vultures ? Hell yeah !

Oh calm your jets WTF did you expect? 2 out of 5 starters dismissed in a week??!! From a 12-person scholarship roster??!! Don’t be so sensitive my friend!! I don’t care what sport it is, there deserves to be negative commentary about it, sorry!

Jenkins was not a starter.

Not sure what rules Cryor broke but the coaching staff dismissed her, I am going to assume that was the correct decision.

Not sure how dismissing 2 players for disciplinary reasons equates to "Vivian must go". Would the haters prefer the players transgressions be swept under the rug?

Reactions: ScarletDave
Probably 90% of the players dismissed for a violation of team rules is Missing Class or smoking weed. Something College Students do a lot of....always have, always will.

CVS has been the Rutgers coach for what...25 years. There have been a handful of incidents in that time....without researching, I would guess it is lot lower than other programs.

Probably 90% of the players dismissed for a violation of team rules is Missing Class or smoking weed. Something College Students do a lot of....always have, always will.

CVS has been the Rutgers coach for what...25 years. There have been a handful of incidents in that time....without researching, I would guess it is lot lower than other programs.

While that might be true, you would think that after being suspended to start the season she would know better and do better.

Reactions: RU MAN
There comes a time in everyone’s career when it is time to retire and smell the roses. It is best to go out being known as someone who demonstrated that women can succeed. CVS has had a positive impact on the lives of so many young women and I want her to remember for that. I don’t want her to be remembered for declining attendance, disciplinary issues, unexplained loses, and a coach whose income is more than total revenue raised by Rutgers women’s basketball. I want her to be viewed as leaving an outstanding legacy at Rutgers. I attended many of the games she coached when she first arrived at Rutgers (even the initial losing season) and traveled with the team to celebrate many of the tournament wins and a few of the tournament loses.

At least Zippy gets playing time which is what I wanted all year. CVS has no life other than coaching. It is not like she can retire to Florida and golf. Let her stay

Reactions: ScarletDave
1) I post here quite often and actually give her credit when credit is due, for 15+ years now on this site, like when this team was playing well through the first half of the season

2) One program has absolutely nothing to do with the other BUT If you haven’t noticed I was incredibly outspoken during the Flood “error” about all the crap that was going on!

3) I’m only speaking in fact, not opinion, so if you don’t like it too bad.

Your silence was very LOUD while your buddy Dan Donigan flushed RU men's' Soccer program down the toilet, yet here you are screaming about a team that you don't even watch

Geez, I feel bad for the rest of the women on the team. It was bad enough to lose Jenkins, who deserved the suspension, but to lose one of our leading scorers, who had violated team rules before and should have known better, this is getting beyond serious now. Whether one is a fan or not, something is amiss right now which could also be leading to C Viv's health issues, which is pure speculation on my part.

I therefore, will only wish C Viv the best and hope she will continue to do well with her health concerns. But I'm very worried for our other women and their psyche who bust their butts to not only do well on the court but in the classroom. They have worked hard all year and don't need to be put in this terrible predicament now that the B1G conference play is coming to an end. I wish them well and hope they can come together and play through these terrible circumstances.

I will never understand the need some people have to kick someone when they are down. IMO what the remaining players and all the coaches, including an ailing CVS, need now is our support. They have 3 games remaining in the regular season and the B1G tournament for sure and the possibility of an NCAA bid. This team has exceeded preseason expectations and gave us a lot of enjoyment this season. Yes, the negative news of the past few weeks is upsetting, but we need the team to find a way to push through it and move forward. If they all work together, they could find a way to overcome these obstacles. Look what ND did last year with a depleted roster or what NC State has managed to do this year. I will be at the next two home games to offer my support. Go RU!

Your silence was very LOUD while your buddy Dan Donigan flushed RU men's' Soccer program down the toilet, yet here you are screaming about a team that you don't even watch

"very loud"? I LITERALLY responded to EVERY comment/question that was directed my way and FLAT-OUT STATED - middle of the 2017 season - that I expected DD to "get 1 more year to prove himself otherwise he should be let go AND rightfully so" MULTIPLE times so, please, stop with the B.S....

...I am pointing out NOTHING but facts here my friend. I WORKED with CVS, I have no problem with her as a person, let alone as a HC, but sometimes, well, ya' just gotta look let go and what's going on right now, com'on, you can't possibly be happy with this, right?

I will never understand the need some people have to kick someone when they are down. IMO what the remaining players and all the coaches, including an ailing CVS, need now is our support. They have 3 games remaining in the regular season and the B1G tournament for sure and the possibility of an NCAA bid. This team has exceeded preseason expectations and gave us a lot of enjoyment this season. Yes, the negative news of the past few weeks is upsetting, but we need the team to find a way to push through it and move forward. If they all work together, they could find a way to overcome these obstacles. Look what ND did last year with a depleted roster or what NC State has managed to do this year. I will be at the next two home games to offer my support. Go RU!

100% behind the team - ANY of our teams - always have been (since birth, essentially), am, and always will be, but that has ZERO to do with the current circumstances surrounding the program itself. I'll be rooting for them the next 3 regular season games, during the B1G's, and HOPEFULLY in the NCAA's, but there's nothing wrong - whatsoever - with speaking honestly about facts.

"very loud"? I LITERALLY responded to EVERY comment/question that was directed my way and FLAT-OUT STATED - middle of the 2017 season - that I expected DD to "get 1 more year to prove himself otherwise he should be let go AND rightfully so" MULTIPLE times so, please, stop with the B.S....

...I am pointing out NOTHING but facts here my friend. I WORKED with CVS, I have no problem with her as a person, let alone as a HC, but sometimes, well, ya' just gotta look let go and what's going on right now, com'on, you can't possibly be happy with this, right?

You have no clue why CC Cryor was dismissed from the team nor would you know the Baylor transfer if you tripped over her, yet you think you know what should happen to CViv & her program.....comical!!!

You have no clue why CC Cryor was dismissed from the team nor would you know the Baylor transfer if you tripped over her, yet you think you know what should happen to CViv & her program.....comical!!!

Dude she was dismissed, and that is NOT a good thing regardless HOWEVER you don't see me making any assumptions, or forming an opinion about it, do you?? Bottom line: losing 2 starters to "dismissal from the program," in a week, after signing a girl with a questionable background who got booted from - of all places - BAYLOR - is NOT a very good look.

...so don't go taking your frustration out (which I can clearly understand ANY fan being right now...) on me. Thanks.

To all the C Viv haters, go away. You aren't deserving enough to deserve a Hall of Fame Coach. You actually suck. Go crawl back under your rocks.

I'm sticking with C Viv, and hope she not only fulfills her contract extension, but gets another extension.

I'm with Viv !!
LOL, really and who are you!? Oh yeah some meat cutter, too dumb to know when someone needs to say goodbye. I stopped posting here, because of homers like you, who really don't know crap about what it takes to win, or establish a program. But, criticize all who do. C Viv was done 10 years ago! She is a HOF coach because she was able to take advantage of College women's basketball, when there was little talent, and winning was predicated on good defense. Then stayed around long enough to take advantage of that rep., to get quality players, who won because of talent, not coaching! Now, that the game has passed her by, it's time to retire. I like her, she has had a very roller coaster type life, but to say she is a great, or even good coach, tells me more about your lack of knowledge than her abilities. So, go back to cutting cold cuts, and watch from afar. While you and your fan base can, keep all your criticism of me to yourself, I won't be back! Tired of following losers.

Reactions: bac2therac
We need to cut ties with the thug from Baylor IMMEDIATELY this is a ****ing disaster!!!
need to look into adding her, but until we know the whole story I would refrain from calling her names.

I'm not defending Morris being brought aboard, but not going to make accusations about her character until I know all the facts that are involved.

100% behind the team - ANY of our teams - always have been (since birth, essentially), am, and always will be, but that has ZERO to do with the current circumstances surrounding the program itself. I'll be rooting for them the next 3 regular season games, during the B1G's, and HOPEFULLY in the NCAA's, but there's nothing wrong - whatsoever - with speaking honestly about facts.
I believe you are behind all RU teams, but seem to mainly come on this board when something negative happens and act accordingly.

Very few times you come here after a win, but used to be a regular after losses.

Reactions: TRU2RU
need to look into adding her, but until we know the whole story I would refrain from calling her names.

I'm not defending Morris being brought aboard, but not going to make accusations about her character until I know all the facts that are involved.

Per The Baylor board, IIRC, the “final straw” was when she “beat the crap out of her gf.” Who knows, maybe that’s not completely true, but there is usually 1 of 2 reasons to get booted as such: grades or questionable activity AND typically, if it’s “grades,” that information is out there. If I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat proud, no problem, but remember I got lambasted on these boards for being 100% spot on about everything regarding Kyle Flood both on and off the field.

Anyway I hope the girls go out tonight, play hard for their coach, and get the win!

key words Nuts: "Who knows, maybe that’s not completely true,".
Going by what's said on a message board isn't the best idea if you're looking for all the facts.
I can't say what happened and it looks like your source doesn't know either.

Saying how you got lambasted over times you were right doesn't mean you're right all the time.
I'm sure some of your wrong opinions might have been pointed out and not made into a reason to belive you're right calling Morris a thug base on a message board post that doesn't provide the facts about the incident .
For all I know Alexis might not be a good person, but then again there might be a reason to look at her s a good person who placed herself in a bad situation..

just went on Baylor's SIC'em 365 board and spotted this:
Yes, Alexis was reinstated by Kim and was suppose to return in fall. ( hints why she didn't transfer after dismissal) . I'm not gonna say to much but I love that kid. Playing in the DFW circuit with my sister and then both going to Baylor was awesome. I knew the details for the second arrest but kept my mouth closed . But now that it out I was extremely disappointed in her but I think this is a good move for her. After her and Didi sat out at that West Virginia game I thought something might have clicked in her head. I actually unfollowed her on social media do to her lack of control.

I tell my sister all the time you better watch what you put on social media because it will never come off. Alexis posted something a few months ago were she was clapping back at a few people that had something to say about her dismissal. As an athlete you have to control yourself. Yes you can defend yourself but there are proper ways to do it. Athletes are constantly on a national platform. There is little room for mistakes. Everything does not deserve a response. Sometimes you just have to move in silence or kill them with kindness. I hugged her and wished her all the best. As she gets older she will learn how to deal with certain situations. I'm praying for her. She we be a good addition to Stringers team.
( showing my source
https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/40992/1
( My opinion is Second arrest was for pot I think, but could be the first )

Last edited:
It's sad that certain posters only appear on this board following bad news. It's also sad how often the response to criticism of the women's program is for some of its defenders to criticize one of the men's sports (football, men's basketball, or now men's soccer). All of our athletes have "RUTGERS" on their jerseys and we should all want all of them to succeed.

</soapbox>

I don't know why Cryor was dismissed, so how can I criticize the coaching staff for this happening? Apparently she was already suspended for eight games for violating the same team rule. If the player will not follow the team rules, there have to be consequences.

Hall of Fame coach or not, I'd like to see CVS treated like our other coaches at the end of every season: the AD should evaluate if he/she has confidence in the coach's ability to lead our program in the right direction. CVS has earned extra slack because she is a Hall of Famer, but I don't think that means she should have the job for life. Last season was not good, this one despite some ups and downs has been successful thus far. If we get our NCAA bid and especially if we advance in the bracket, she will get more time if she is healthy enough to coach (and I certainly wish her a full recovery from whatever is ailing her). If the wheels come off and we don't dance again, it's not a good look. What if our team looks better the rest of the year and in the B1G tournament with her on a leave of absence? How does that factor into things?

We're off to a great start tonight, 28-13 as I type this. Go Knights!

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
How was
Last season was not good, this one despite some ups and downs has been successful thus far.

Last season, RU had a tremendous turn-around and won what? 20 or 21 games after only winning four or six (I forget) the previous year that Tyler missed. The team was ranked, and in the first bracket review was hosting (top 16). The season did not end well, with a couple of unexpected and damaging losses. Nonetheless, the sense was that RU would get a bid, including national sources such as ESPN. It was a huge disappointment that the Selection Committee went with Oklahoma instead of Rutgers as the last team invited. Rutgers has surpassed pre-season expectations this year and has been ranked again, getting top-10 votes at one point by some of the AP voters. This year Oklahoma is in second-to-last place in the Big 12 and is having a losing season. What do they say about hindsight?

Non-sporting medical issues, personal losses, administrative turmoil--perhaps contributing to contract uncertainty--combined to create a very difficult environment in which to coach and recruit the last few years. CVS managed to pull together a team using a higher number of transfers than is typical and would have produced back-to-back 20-win seasons already if the Charlotte game had not been cancelled this season (assuming victory there). From where I sit, that suggests a pretty darn good coach today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT